Buying games preowned at gamestop.com

Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

xxZeromancerlovexx
Veteran
Veteran

21 Nov 2012, 8:52 pm

I'm getting my very first XBOX 360 on amazon this Friday and am also getting an HDMI cable from the amazon website. I was wondering if it is safe to order preowned games on the gamestop website?

-Down, The Birthday Massacre

Venger
Veteran
Veteran

21 Nov 2012, 10:44 pm

Video games often don't come with the original case and/or instruction booklet when bought used from Gamestop. But they don't tell you on the Gamestop website if they do or not either. It seems like a 50/50 chance more or less.

Certain games now also have online codes that were probably already used on a pre-owned game, so you'd have to pay a little extra to play them online if the code was already used.

DarthMaul
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

22 Nov 2012, 5:20 am

I bought a pre-owned Call of Duty 4 and it was scratched. What a waste. I, personally, think you should get the 360 new. Don't want to chance a busted machine. Then... Add me? =)

CrystalStars
Veteran
Veteran

22 Nov 2012, 5:54 am

Gamestop isn't 100% reliable with pre-owned games.

Colinn
Veteran
Veteran

22 Nov 2012, 8:43 am

Buying pre owned games from any big company can be a hit or a miss in terms of the condition of the disc and if all the original paperwork is included. I can't speak for Gamestop, but most used games I get tend to be just fine. But I only get them if they are significantly cheaper than a new copy. I'd rather pay a few pounds extra if it means getting the game new.

Grand_pilot
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

23 Nov 2012, 1:33 pm

The biggest advantage with buying used games at a store is that you get to inspect the disk. One time game stop deliberately sold me a game with a huge scratch. I check the package ever since.

xxZeromancerlovexx
Veteran
Veteran

24 Nov 2012, 6:25 pm

I just bought Dead or Alive 5, Halo Reach, and Bayonetta new on Amazon because that's where I bought the 360.

-Down, The Birthday Massacre