Page 1 of 2 [ 21 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

What's your favorite game from the series?
Kingdom Hearts, PS2 21%  21%  [ 4 ]
Kingdom Hearts Final Mix, PS2 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Kingdom Hearts Chain of Memories, GBA 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days, DS 16%  16%  [ 3 ]
Kingdom Hearts 2, PS2 32%  32%  [ 6 ]
Kingdom Hearts 2 Final Mix +, JAP PS2 16%  16%  [ 3 ]
Kingdom Hearts Coded, JAP Cell Phone 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Kingdom Hearts Dream Drop Distance (3D), 3DS 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Kingdom WHAT???????? 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
What's kingdom hearts? 16%  16%  [ 3 ]
Total votes : 19

ThatComputerKid
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

22 Aug 2011, 3:22 pm

That game is SMOKING AWESOME! All 10 (Kingdom Hearts Dream Drop Distance doesn't count since it's not released) games have been a BLAST! Any fans here of any of the games? I LOVE Kingdom Hearts 2 Final Mix +. 8)

Beaux
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

22 Aug 2011, 3:35 pm

My best friend adores the series, but I just can't get into it. :? The main characters are your standard Square archetypes, and the dialogue and acting are downright silly at times. The plots pretty good, though, even if it can't stop trying to make itself appear deep by repeatedly using "darkness" and "light" in every other sentence. The Disney portions are charming, though. The combat's also fun in a button-mashy way, though it gets repetitive after a while. I did used to love Chain of Memories as a little kid. I'm not saying its childish, its just that my tastes have changed. I need good characters in order to care about the plot. Square (generally) doesn't provide those.

Venger
Veteran
Veteran

22 Aug 2011, 4:00 pm

I've gotten through Kingdom Hearts 1 and 2 for PS2, Kingdom Hearts: COM, and Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days. My favorite is Kingdom Hearts 2, and it has the best PS2 graphics I've seen as well.

KyleTheGhost
Veteran
Veteran

22 Aug 2011, 4:14 pm

Me. I've beaten the first and second games.

Simmian7
Veteran
Veteran

23 Aug 2011, 5:12 pm

Roxas is my fav... his hair is way better that Sora's... and he wore a cool cloak!

It's like someone's calling out to me. Writing it all down...it's like I'm calling back to them.
(quote from August Rush; but used as a reference to my writing)
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
My ASD AQ score is 42
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
#DemandCartoonDiversity

ArtemisHolmes
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

24 Aug 2011, 1:05 pm

Kingdom Hearts all the way! I'm definitely a fan. Especially liked Kingdom Hearts 2. Can't wait for 3, the epic conclusion!.. Or possibly NOT the conclusion, depending on what happens. :D

Jackanape
Raven
Raven

24 Aug 2011, 2:45 pm

I like how there aren't any happy endings in these games. They've all ended on a depressing note.

Wolfmaster
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

25 Aug 2011, 5:36 pm

KH2 is one of my favorite video games.

skenasis
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

25 Aug 2011, 11:23 pm

You forgot Birth By Sleep for PSP.

I think my favourite is KH2, but the original KH comes a pretty close second.

SonicMisaki
Veteran
Veteran

29 Aug 2011, 6:46 pm

One of the reasons I absolutely love 2 (and 2FM+, for that matter) is its increased combative depth. In my opinion, Sora's Drive Forms are great boosts to his combos, as well as creative variations on his usual attacks.

FINAL FORM 4EVA! :P :P :P :P :P

xemnasfan
Toucan
Toucan

31 Aug 2011, 10:21 pm

i used to be a big time fan, till they released 358 and screwed the storyline and all the rules set for the story. the story is so confusing now i can't follow it anymore.

now all i want to see is the destruction of hollow bastion that i've been waiting years to see. only because it is the last missing piece of xemnas' history.

dream drop has a stupid name and makes no sense on top of that. that and i'm not getting the 3ds.

mesona
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

04 Sep 2011, 8:43 pm

Heartless made from hearts no bodies made from bodies any one else worried about this?

xemnasfan
Toucan
Toucan

05 Sep 2011, 1:32 pm

mesona wrote:
Heartless made from hearts no bodies made from bodies any one else worried about this?

i have to admit i never thought about this. but i think about it this way, a heartless is a heart with out a body, and nobody is a body without a heart. but i agree the names should be reversed, heartless really are nobodies, and nobodies should be called heartless.

i knew something was off about the series, but i couldn't figure out what, you just pointed it out. how many plot holes and loop holes does this game have? it seems endless.

mesona
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

05 Sep 2011, 2:38 pm

xemnasfan wrote:
mesona wrote:

i have to admit i never thought about this. but i think about it this way, a heartless is a heart with out a body, and nobody is a body without a heart. but i agree the names should be reversed, heartless really are nobodies, and nobodies should be called heartless.

i knew something was off about the series, but i couldn't figure out what, you just pointed it out. how many plot holes and loop holes does this game have? it seems endless.

lets see....

Only one heart can control the keyblade?
Only the keyblade can kill heartless?
All keyblades are made with the power of the heart/making bonds with others yet the most powerful keyblade is made in a lab?
Gumi ships are the only way to travel the worlds?
Leon?!
Kiari's past?

I still like the game but there is enough holes to fill more games....great planing or poor story writing?

xemnasfan
Toucan
Toucan

05 Sep 2011, 11:36 pm

mesona wrote:
xemnasfan wrote:
mesona wrote:

lets see....

Only one heart can control the keyblade?
Only the keyblade can kill heartless?
All keyblades are made with the power of the heart/making bonds with others yet the most powerful keyblade is made in a lab?
Gumi ships are the only way to travel the worlds?
Leon?!
Kiari's past?

I still like the game but there is enough holes to fill more games....great planing or poor story writing?

lol :)

i'd say poor writing, but with square enix who knows.

i like you point on keyblades, because we've seen cloud, tifa, sephiroth, yuffie, etc... killing heartless on their own. maybe the keyblade is the most effective weapon. O_o i couldn't understand the story anymore after days was released and i dropped it like a stone. xenosaga makes more sense and it was canceled and they had to wrap up the story the best they could in 3 the series was suppose to be 6 games or something, so they pretty much packed 3 games into 1 and i'm impressed to say the least.

heck i understood half life 2 better after just jumping into the game.

mesona
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

06 Sep 2011, 11:02 am

besides none fighters anyone and anything can kill heartless/nobodies. Even Peter Pan. Hell at the end of KH1 when ..... took the ..... way heartless died because of wood!

I wish they would keep the games on one system. GBA, 3DS and even PSP do not make good systems for it.