Page 2 of 2 [ 24 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Simonono
Veteran
Veteran

27 Apr 2011, 2:39 pm

I have completed single player and online co-op (without ever talking to anyone! :D)

I really hope they bring out some DLC for the Xbox 360 version. As of now, I'm done. All I can do is go back and get the achievements.

ScrewyWabbit
Veteran
Veteran

29 Apr 2011, 5:18 pm

Finished the SP, I didn't time myself but it took me a few hours a day over a few days. Most of the challenge was figuring out where you were even supposed to be trying to get to on some of the levels. Once you figured that out, how to get there was usually not that hard. Anyway a nice evolution of the original but not revolutionary in my opinion. And still seemed short though yes certainly longer than the original. The new objects n'stuff were a nice twist but did not make the game amazingly better.

IDontGetIt
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

29 Apr 2011, 5:26 pm

The damn thing keeps crashing at startup on my laptop. Probably should have checked the specs first. D'oh. :oops:

KevLibraryGuy
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

29 Apr 2011, 7:03 pm

Played it, loved it, best thing Valve's released yet.
Cave Johnson, we're done here.

jaspie
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

29 Apr 2011, 9:49 pm

Played it over the easter holidays.
Probably the best game this year ATM.

ColdBlooded
Veteran
Veteran

01 May 2011, 8:19 pm

I want combustible lemons in the next game.

AspieBrain
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

04 Jul 2011, 11:55 pm

Played through the SP twice. It was the best videogame experience I've ever had in my life, though I'm the first to admit that I have the worst memory that I can remember anyone having. Just the concept of Portal is incredibly innovative, and the level of sheer originality and intellectual challenge make the "aha" moment unforgettable. I remember playing the first Portal, and I remember that point changing my entire view of teleportation as a whole. The game's portals seemed completely original, simple yet with a level of complexity that blew my mind. Before that, teleportation to me was just ceasing to exist in one place and simultaneously beginning to exist in an entirely different place. Portal's vision of the concept was this magic hole in space that you could just walk through. I would never have thought to preserve momentum in teleportation, much less place limits on it. Portal 2 expanded on Portals uniqueness and places a story behind the incredibly unique gameplay. The first game's "story" wasn't really fleshed out, but in Portal 2, four characters create an epic story in which the smartest being decides the winner. The dynamic plot twists, the enhanced gameplay, the new testing elements, and the witty, well-developed characters make Portal 2 the most amazing game of the decade in my opinion. It provides a gaming experience made of the perfect blend of humor, unique gameplay, witty writing, cerebral challenge, action, drama, and story development. Whether or not there is a better game yet to come, there will never be another gaming experience quite like Portal 2. (Unless Valve announces Portal 3, in which case they would make more money on release day than Bill Gates will make in his entire life.)

Indy
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jul 2011, 5:13 am

AspieBrain wrote:
Played through the SP twice. It was the best videogame experience I've ever had in my life, though I'm the first to admit that I have the worst memory that I can remember anyone having. Just the concept of Portal is incredibly innovative, and the level of sheer originality and intellectual challenge make the "aha" moment unforgettable. I remember playing the first Portal, and I remember that point changing my entire view of teleportation as a whole. The game's portals seemed completely original, simple yet with a level of complexity that blew my mind. Before that, teleportation to me was just ceasing to exist in one place and simultaneously beginning to exist in an entirely different place. Portal's vision of the concept was this magic hole in space that you could just walk through. I would never have thought to preserve momentum in teleportation, much less place limits on it. Portal 2 expanded on Portals uniqueness and places a story behind the incredibly unique gameplay. The first game's "story" wasn't really fleshed out, but in Portal 2, four characters create an epic story in which the smartest being decides the winner. The dynamic plot twists, the enhanced gameplay, the new testing elements, and the witty, well-developed characters make Portal 2 the most amazing game of the decade in my opinion. It provides a gaming experience made of the perfect blend of humor, unique gameplay, witty writing, cerebral challenge, action, drama, and story development. Whether or not there is a better game yet to come, there will never be another gaming experience quite like Portal 2. (Unless Valve announces Portal 3, in which case they would make more money on release day than Bill Gates will make in his entire life.)

:thumleft: Good review.