Which video games do you regret not playing?

Page 1 of 3 [ 36 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

Psychlone
Veteran
Veteran

13 Mar 2008, 11:39 am

What I mainly mean with this thread topic are the games that you hear about and you get excited about and then they come out and for whatever reason you never get them or play them and time keeps passing and eventually you either lose interest or the games are no longer sold and become impossible to find. So which games fit that criteria for you?

For me, these are a few examples:

1) Civ 4. I wanted to get this game since I first heard it was in development, but to this day I still don't have a PC which can meet the minimum system requirements. Why in God's name did they make this game in 3D?!

2) Pikmin 1 & 2 for the Gamecube. I heard great things about both and I actually picked up a used copy of Pikmin 1 for very cheap so I actually own this one, but I've never got around to playing it for some reason.

3) Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King. I have the Two Towers and I loved that, so I thought I would get the ROTK when it came out, but I never did for some unknown reason.

4) Paper Mario. It is Mario in an RPG and I love both Mario and RPGs so why have I still not played this?

5) Pokemon. It has been around for a decade now and is still insanely popular, yet I've never played any of it.

6) Smash Bros. Brawl for the Wii. I do not have this yet, but I would like to and perhaps some day I will.

7) Syberia 2 for the PC. I played Syberia 1 and loved it and I own Syberia 2, but I just never got around to playing it.

8) Metroid for the NES. I am a huge fan of the Metroid games, but my first experience with the series was with Super Metroid for the SNES. I regreat that I have never been able to play the original.

9) Earthworm Jim. This game looked awesome back in the mid-90s when it came out. I've never played it, though.

10) Boogerman. Same as above.

There are many others as well, but I think I will stop with these 10 because I could probably go on forever with this. :oops: What about you guys? Just some highlights will be fine, because I realize the lists could end up very long if we tried to be comprehensive about it. :?

Kalister1
Veteran
Veteran

13 Mar 2008, 1:36 pm

Portals

Katanoki
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

13 Mar 2008, 4:32 pm

Where do I start...

Ninja Gaiden. I own it and actually watched a friend play it, but never got around to trying it myself. The original Halo's campaign. For now, Pokemon Battle Revolution, since I'd love some online playment. Some MMOs... Civilization, Warhammer, the original Warcraft games (I play WoW, though). The DS Trauma Center. Most of the Final Fantasy series. Some other stuff I can't remember just yet.

KingdomOfRats
Veteran
Veteran

13 Mar 2008, 4:51 pm

STALKER-shadow of chernobyl,waited for that since it was first announced,was desperate for it,and look how many long delays they had,it was no duke nukem forever style waits,but was bad enough.
By the time it had come out,had given up on pc gaming and was xbox,ps2 and psp only.
Would have been great had it come out on xbox or the 360 as well.

Quote:
Ninja Gaiden

That one is on own to buy/play list.

>>>help to keep bullying off our community,report it!

DukeGallison
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

13 Mar 2008, 5:33 pm

There really aren't any games I regret not playing, although there are plenty that I do regret playing :/

Arbie
Veteran
Veteran

13 Mar 2008, 5:33 pm

Any of the Zelda games for SNES (Played 1 and 2 on original but shamefully never played snes one).

Super Mario RPG.

Final fantasy 2 and 3 (U.S.) on snes. I have played them later on a game I rented for ps1, and emulators respectfully but it just isn't the same.

Devil may cry series ps2. The Ninja turtles fighting game on SNES. Mario cart. Street Fighter 3.
Countless others I am sure I have forgotten.

Mage
Veteran
Veteran

13 Mar 2008, 6:29 pm

I regret not being able to play Ultima Online when it first came out. It did some really landmark things in the gaming world, and I would have liked to be there to see it happen. All other single player games I could always go back and play now if I really wanted.

SilverProteus
Veteran
Veteran

13 Mar 2008, 7:29 pm

Doom III. My computer doesn't meet the requirements. :roll:

violentcloud
Veteran
Veteran

13 Mar 2008, 7:56 pm

Berserk (PS2)
DAMN them for never releasing this in Europe. Damn them to hell.

Shadowbound
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

13 Mar 2008, 11:31 pm

I've played not played any of the Final Fantasy games. I can't bring myself to play any of them now because when I get into a series I have to play them from the start and going though all FF games would take a life time. ^^

Mage
Veteran
Veteran

14 Mar 2008, 8:51 am

Just play FFVI (3 in the US) and 7, those are generally recognized as the 2 best. They don't follow the same story for all of them, so it's not like you'll miss anything by not playing the rest. A lot of people like 10 too, but if you like non-linear play it's not for everyone...

Also, FF Tactics is one of the best turn based strategy games ever made, and it was made in between 6 and 7. They must have had a really good crew back then.

Psychlone
Veteran
Veteran

14 Mar 2008, 9:25 am

SilverProteus wrote:

I wouldn't feel too bad about that. That game is extremely resource demanding, so unless you're a gamephile who has thousands of dollars for computer upgrades then games like that are out of your reach usually.

I just really don't understand why the game companies think graphics are so important, you know? They are nice and all, but many of us can't afford $4000 computers every 2 years. :cry:

nomad21
Toucan
Toucan

14 Mar 2008, 11:04 am

Psychlone wrote:
SilverProteus wrote:

I wouldn't feel too bad about that. That game is extremely resource demanding, so unless you're a gamephile who has thousands of dollars for computer upgrades then games like that are out of your reach usually.

I just really don't understand why the game companies think graphics are so important, you know? They are nice and all, but many of us can't afford $4000 computers every 2 years. :cry:

That's a pretty big misconception about PC gaming. My current PC costed somewhere between $2000 to $2500 dollars, and it can easily play Doom 3, and all of those games maxxed out with no lag, and can play Crysis at ultra high settings. ;)

Doom 3 isn't that resource demanding compared to Crysis, now that game will give top-end compturs a run for their money.

digger1
Veteran
Veteran

14 Mar 2008, 11:59 am

SilverProteus wrote:

same here

neurodeviant
Veteran
Veteran

14 Mar 2008, 5:20 pm

Jak 2 and 3 (My 40GB PS3 won't play PS2 games :x )
Timesplitters: Future Perfect (as above)
ICO
Shadow of the Colossus
Super Mario Galaxy (and Sunshine)
Bioshock (PC won't run it)
Crysis (same as above)
Unreal Tournament 2004 (I could still get it, but people are moving to UT3)

Shadowbound
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

14 Mar 2008, 9:46 pm

Man a $500 PC could run Doom 3 maxed out