Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

VIDEODROME
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jun 2011, 10:24 pm

Okay the regular gaming laptop I have been using was battered in a vehicle accident. Amazingly it works but it has over heating issues when I try to run a big game like an MMO.

So for job reasons I got an HP Netbook so I could still have internet and use my GPS Mapping programs for deliveries. I've been trying to find some games that work on the netbook also because I might be getting another travel related job.

I kind of lean towards Real Time Strategy games but might be interested in a MMO if anything can run on a netbook. I read somewhere Perfect World runs but I'm skeptical. I also tried a free game Aika Online but gives a hardware issue. I think the Intel based graphics will be hard to over come.

GoonSquad
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jun 2011, 7:09 am

Lots of older games run fine on netbooks.

I have an aspire one/2gb ram and I have Pirates, Fallout 1&2, Fallout Tactics, Aliens v Predator (classic), Freedom Force & Freedom Force v The Third Reich installed.

They all play fine (some with a bit of tweaking).

If you google "netbook games" you should be able to find plenty of titles...

GOG and Steam are good sources to buy from since none of the games require a DVD drive...

SabbraCadabra
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jun 2011, 7:41 am

VIDEODROME wrote:
I kind of lean towards Real Time Strategy games but might be interested in a MMO if anything can run on a netbook.

If I didn't dislike RTS and MMO I could help you better, but I'm sure there's plenty of older games that'll run just fine.

Meridian 59 is apparently free now, I'm sure you could run it with no issues ;) http://www.meridian59.com/