Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

GreySun369
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jun 2011, 11:10 am

I haven't touched this game in a long time, but about a week ago I decided to give it a try again and I've become addicted to it.

It's just a really awesome and creative game, I love how your character changes over time depending on the choices you make, and I love all the different ways you can customize him or her. Plus the way this game makes fun at British culture but at the same time shows the beauty of the culture is really cool touch, especially because unlike most fantasy RPG games this one doesn't completely rip off Lord of the Rings.

My current character is a tough but beautiful tomboy who uses katanas and pistols. I dressed her in a pair of adventurer pants with leather gypsy shoes, a corset under a crop top jacket, some monk gloves, and a pair of sunglasses from the Knothole Island DLC: all these clothes are dyed black and burgandy. She also wears black and red make-up with a dark flame tattoo on her chest, and her hair is worn in a braided ponytail I got from the See the Future DLC. Her dog (who I named Foxglove) was turned into a Husky by a potion from the See the Future DLC and he wears a bow tie collar I found on Knothole Island. She's also a lesbian, and as soon as I get to the quest Love Hurts I will make her fall in love with Lady Grey after she helps bring her back to life and the two will get married.

I think she sounds really cool, definetly one of the more creative characters I have ever made in the game. 8)

aldent8807
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

15 Jun 2011, 7:17 pm

Yup. Just picked up the Platinum Edition yesterday, along with MK vs DCU and a new copy of AC2 at Wal-Mart(also both Platinum Editions, I believe) Heading to a friend's house in a few hours to DL all the DLC, then coming home to game it up. Probably end up making a male for my first 2 or 3 characters, my very first going my usual path of evil, katana and.....probably rifle wielding male. Not sure on the garb yet, will probably leave him in the commoners outfit or some protective but not too heavy armor for quite awhile.

I REALLY wish they had thought through this more when they made Fable 3, especially since Fable 3's character is your Fable 2 character's offspring, so it would've made sense for some(if not all) money and whatnot to get passed down to your Fable 3 character. Would've been a real boon to several people, like me, who, in Fable 3, went for the good path the first time, not even LOOKING at the good characters the wrong way if I could help it, lowering the taxes, building the schools, chartering expeditions and whatnot to unlock new areas to find new treasure to take the cost off of the townsfolk and into the kingdom's treasury(or whatever it was called) And then I still ended up getting pwned by the damn darkness s**t(can't remember what its called)

Anyway, Fable 2....great game, great combat, great atmosphere, love the Fable series, and if it weren't for the better firearms in Fable 3, its probably my favorite of the series. And I played F1:TLC, so thats saying something.

Sorry for the off-topic postage.

One-Winged-Angel
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jun 2011, 7:58 pm

The only thing I don't like about Fable 2 is that the male protagonist is fugly.

aldent8807

15 Jun 2011, 8:09 pm

One-Winged-Angel wrote:
The only thing I don't like about Fable 2 is that the male protagonist is fugly.

I'm straight, but I will say hes not bad for a combat trained street orphan. You wanna talk fugly, then lets talk about the female protagonist as a child. THAT is fugly.