Page 1 of 4 [ 55 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Joshp406
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

19 Jun 2011, 11:13 pm

I've played both 3 and New Vegas, and can safely say, THEY ROCK (3 moreso than NV, Broken Steel DLC, 'nuff said). To those who've played any of the games, whats your take on the series?

Tomasu
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jun 2011, 4:18 am

(SPOILERS FOR FALLOUT NEW VEGAS AT THE BOTTOM OF MY POST)

^^ Yaye greetings Joshp406,

I believe that I have enjoyed playing Fallout 3 and Fallout New Vegas very much indeed (however I am very sorry as I believe that I have not as of yet completed the happy main quest for Fallout New Vegas as of yet and I am currently playing this happy game). ^^ I believe that although I enjoyed very much playing Fallout 3, I believe that perhaps Fallout New Vegas may be considered my favourite game of these two games. ^^ I believe I enjoy very much playing within the Hardcore mode and have also installed a happy little mod very recently named Project Nevada.

(SPOILERS: ^^ I believe that within Fallout New Vegas, I have just visited the magical little Legion fort, and have awoken the Securitron army of Mr. House.)

Wallourdes
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jun 2011, 6:58 am

I've played the all the games, from fallout 1 up to New Vegas.
I was really disappointed at 3 and New Vegas, although they looked great they missed the dynamic atmosphere from 1 and 2.

SabbraCadabra
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jun 2011, 7:08 am

I loved Wasteland and Fallout (1). Still need to play 2, I kept dying at the beginning :oops:

After that I'm skipping 3 and hoping that New Vegas has plenty of patches.

kittie
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jun 2011, 8:15 am

Hmmm - I have a PS3, should i get a Fallout to occupy me during the holidays!?

Tomasu
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jun 2011, 9:03 am

kittie wrote:
Hmmm - I have a PS3, should i get a Fallout to occupy me during the holidays!?

^^ Yaye greetings kittie,

I believe that I enjoy these games very much indeed. However I am very sorry if you may not enjoy these games. ^^ I perhaps believe that Fallout New Vegas contains additional roleplaying elements that Fallout 3, and also I personally feel that the happy main quest is not so linear as that within Fallout 3. I believe Fallout New Vegas contains an optional "Hardcore Mode", who causes your little character to feel hunger, sleep deprivation and thirst. Also this mode cause ammunition to have weight. Therefore, I believe that this is very fun to attempt to manage these happy little traits and perhaps is very lovely for roleplaying.

However, perhaps Fallout New Vegas may be considered perhaps a little of greater difficulty than Fallout 3 and perhaps Fallout 3 may be purchased for less cost than Fallout New Vegas. ^^ I perhaps personally may recommend Fallout 3 initially if you are not certain if you may enjoy these games due to these reasons. ^^ However I believe that if you enjoy roleplaying very much, I believe that happy pixies may recommend Fallout New Vegas. I am very sorry if this is silly and incorrect of me.

markitzero
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jun 2011, 1:44 pm

FALLOUT 3 and NewVegas is nice but the thing with FALLOUT 3 on the PC it can be unstable with or without mods.

Ravenitrius
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jun 2011, 12:42 am

I'm a fan of the fallout series. Actually I am a obsessed fanboy of the series. Played Fallout 1, 2, Tactics, Van Buren Tech Demo (Original Fallout 3 Build thingy), Fallout 3 and New Vegas. Preferred New Vegas over 3 and 2 over 1.

Subotai
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jun 2011, 4:05 am

I only played 1 and 2, never beat them but I still have them so who knows.

I really like the combat system.

MU
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

21 Jun 2011, 6:33 pm

I never heard of Fallout before Fallout 3, but I heard Fallout 3 was great, so I got it, and agreed with wherever I heard that review from. However, I've never beat it or got the expansion packs. I also got New Vegas, but only got through the first mission and stopped. I don't think the games are bad, hardly. I'm always being distracted by other new games, or work.

I like the green interface over New Vegas' yellow interface.

liveandletdie
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jun 2011, 9:15 pm

I really liked the graphics in fallout 3 and enjoyed the games/side quests but it did glitch a lot.

Haven't tried vegas yet...has the price dropped? probably has by now...maybe i will buy it when I build me next comp.

Tomasu
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jun 2011, 4:21 am

MU wrote:

^^ Greetings MU,

I perhaps believe that one may change this colour within the options menu. I am very sorry if I am incorrect.

Ravenitrius
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jun 2011, 1:14 pm

Tomasu wrote:
MU wrote:

^^ Greetings MU,

I perhaps believe that one may change this colour within the options menu. I am very sorry if I am incorrect.

This is correct. I changed mine to blue all the time.

MU

22 Jun 2011, 4:39 pm

Okay! I'll look into the options menu

Tomasu
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jun 2011, 5:29 pm

MU wrote:
Okay! I'll look into the options menu

^^ I apologize MU, I believe this menu may be named "Settings" as opposed to "Options".

JPanzer
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jun 2011, 10:46 pm

With The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim using a brand new engine I'm hoping the next Fallout will use that and be set in urban America again. The Mojave Desert is a reddish-grey, not the grey-grey I'm used to in my virtual desolate post-apocalyptic landscapes :D

Anyone else looking forward to the next bit of New Vegas DLC, Old World Blues? I felt the previous two were disappointing, but this one has a talking lightswitch so you know it can't go wrong.