Page 1 of 7 [ 108 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next

Simonono
Veteran
Veteran

16 Feb 2011, 7:04 pm

So, are you going to get one of the two and catch the all new generation of Pokémon? Or do you think it has lost it's originality and has run out of ideas? Has anybody played an import of it from Japan, and if so, is it any good?

Either way, I'm definitely going to buy Pokémon Black, as it is my tradition, to buy the main series games as soon as they come out. I think my family think I "grew out of Pokémon" years ago, but I never will. It's not something to "grow out of" anyway. Everybody of all ages has the right to play the games, or even watch the show if they want. Even if some see it as a guilty pleasure.

It played a massive part in my childhood, years of it, to a possibly mentally ill level :lol:, I was that madly in love with it. I even heard the music, outside of playing it, if you get what I mean. If I find my Game Boy Advance SP, I'm definitely going to re-play Pokémon Blue and Gold, since the DS won't play them :evil:.

I've seen the complete list of the new generation, and I have to say it is the weirdest bunch I have seen yet. It makes me worry that they may have ran out of ideas (there's even some ice cream ones :lol:) but then, I don't reckon the original 151 can be beaten. 8)

So what are your opinions on Black and White? Do you think they look awesome :D, or bad? :( Care to share any great moments from the previous games? I'd love to discuss. :)

P.S: Your opinions on the games are fine, but if you bring hatred towards me, say for liking Pokémon, I'm leaving WrongPlanet.

Bradleigh
Veteran
Veteran

16 Feb 2011, 7:55 pm

Definetly going to get Black aswell, I am a big fan so no brainer. It looks like they finally gave the english names for the new pokemon so that is good, I will probably buy the guidebook when the game comes out so I can learn all of their names.

I do think it is a bit interesting some are a bit simular to already existing pokemon: Oshawott is an otter like Buisel, Purrloin is yet another cat, Drilbur is a mole like Diglet (though different enough), Tympole is a tadpole like Poliwag. Well even so they don't look like copies.

Roxas_XIII
Veteran
Veteran

16 Feb 2011, 8:18 pm

I'm getting White, Suisei (my gf) is getting Black. I've actually already pre-ordered it, paid in full, so all I have to do is bike 2 blocks down to Gamestop from my house on the day after my birthday (March 6) and pick it up.

It'll give me something to do when I'm on that 10 hour epic journey by Greyhound bus up to visit Suisei in Casper.

Happy New Year from WP's resident fortune-teller! May the cards be ever in your favor.

IdahoRose
Veteran
Veteran

16 Feb 2011, 8:35 pm

I'm looking forward to this game! I think that the new Pokemon are the most awesome-looking ones since the 1st 151. I'm going to get the black version.

So has anyone decided on their starter yet? I think I'll go with Tepig, since it's kind of my tradition to go with the Fire-type ones.

BottleCap
Veteran
Veteran

16 Feb 2011, 9:12 pm

I'm going to start with Oshawott. I might try to get the other two in trades that are unwanted, especially Snivy.

I spoiled all sorts of information on myself because of the internet, but still. My favourite pokemon is Purrloin (the purple cat). I like the way they're animated. Even though some of my most used pokemon aren't in their final evolution stage, I'm still going to use them in wifi battles. I have the first two 2nd generation Legendary trio shiny pokemon and I'm going to get the 3rd next week in the mystery gift. That way, I can access Zoroark, then breed with Ditto and..... Zorua! ^_^

I'm going to buy the black version.

Cyanide
Veteran
Veteran

16 Feb 2011, 11:59 pm

Wow, they really have run out of ideas! I saw quite a few ripoffs of older pokemon on there. The most blatant one had to be the buffalo which looked way too much like Taurus... (only with more fur).

but despite that, I still may get it eventually. I'd have something to trade my Soulsilver poke's to.

bigbadbeast2007
Toucan
Toucan

17 Feb 2011, 12:05 am

pokemon?!? is that still around! I remember playing red, blue, and later gold silver on the gameboy! so much fun! i know i am 28 but who cares the series were very addictive!! ! :P

Plywood
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

17 Feb 2011, 7:28 am

I assumed the buffalo was a new evolution.

MCalavera
Veteran
Veteran

17 Feb 2011, 7:37 am

bigbadbeast2007 wrote:
pokemon?!? is that still around! I remember playing red, blue, and later gold silver on the gameboy! so much fun! i know i am 28 but who cares the series were very addictive!! ! :P

I really think they should end the series for good after Black and White. It's been going on for too long.

It was well enough with the first and second and third generations, but now they're just pushing it too much.

But hey, money makes money.

Bradleigh
Veteran
Veteran

17 Feb 2011, 8:51 am

I think I will go for Snivy, it is a snake and generally looks cool, well I don't really find the pig or otter as an attractive alternative. My 18 year old brother brother will probably go for the Oshawott as he often gets the water one, and my 9 year old brother will probably go with Tepig as he'll probably think it looks tough.

Anyway surprise is that the buffalo guy can actually be either male or female unlike Tauras which is only male.

Chances are they will remake Ruby and Saphire next for the 3DS next.

xxZeromancerlovexx
Veteran
Veteran

18 Feb 2011, 6:27 pm

Being a Pokemon fan since Pokemon Blue, I am nothing but excited. My starter will be Snivy. I've only had 2 grass type starters in my life, Bulbasaur on Blue and Chikorita on Crystal. I really like all the new Pokemon, my favorite being Vanilluxe.

-Down, The Birthday Massacre

PhoenixGamma
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

19 Feb 2011, 7:34 am

Buyin' Black. I've played White with an emulator but I want to play it for real this time. It'll be weird playing with an English version since I already know most of the Japanese pokemon, I'll be so confused with all these different names,

Simonono
Veteran
Veteran

19 Feb 2011, 9:13 am

PhoenixGamma wrote:
Buyin' Black. I've played White with an emulator but I want to play it for real this time. It'll be weird playing with an English version since I already know most of the Japanese pokemon, I'll be so confused with all these different names,

I've played Black with an Emulator. It had a patch on it so it was English. But translated straight from Japanese, so the names are even weirder. :)

ShenLong
Veteran
Veteran

21 Feb 2011, 12:37 pm

I preordered black because my bro wants white. I still hate Reshiram(odd tuft around crotch area bugs me. Japan fail), but I like the technological theme better than the natural theme. I still think that most of the new pokemon either suck, look uninspired, derivative, or just plain weird, but it's definitely a step up from D/P/Pl where I felt like there were barely any new Pokemon at all. I like the way the battle system is now. It's much more fluid. The 4th Gen's battle animations and system were barely a step forward from Gen 3.

As for starters, I'm choosing Snivy/Smugleaf as opposed to what I traditionally get (water starters). The faint smile and look of Snivy always manages to crack me up. Too bad the evos suck.

holy_littleanimekid
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

22 Feb 2011, 3:48 pm

i cant wait til this game comes out it looks so kool i already played japense version

Akari-Seishin
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

23 Feb 2011, 10:55 am

yea im getting black ^^ pokemon has been me since childhood :D helped me deal with school atleast xD and keeps me from bordom in study skills. but it should end after this x.x or atleast make a new main character! i mean really its been going on long enough, *for me ive known of pokemon since kindergarden and im now a senior in high school* so yea been going on for a long time now. i might get the fire one *i havnt looked up the info on the game yet cause knowing me i might just look up japanese walkthroughs on youtube and kno how the game turns out before i get it xD*