Mischief Makers 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Silpheed/ Gradius V 25%  25%  [ 2 ]
Ikaruga 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Astro Boy: Omega Factor 13%  13%  [ 1 ]
Total votes : 8

SyphonFilter
Veteran
Veteran

Location: The intersection of Inkopolis’ Plaza & Square where the Turf Wars lie.

02 Oct 2011, 7:19 pm

So who else likes Treasure's games? What's your favorite game developed by Treasure and why? Or are they equally good?

SabbraCadabra
Veteran
Veteran

05 Oct 2011, 12:00 pm

I haven't played too many of them (both Gunstars, Light Crusader, Ikaruga, Bangai-O, and the DS sequel), and the only ones I've beaten are Advance Guardian Heroes and Astro Boy: Omega Factor.

I don't know if I'd lump both Bangai-Os together as one option there. I never really cared for the original Dreamcast one, but I liked the DS sequel a whole lot.

I think I'm going to vote for Astro Boy.

SyphonFilter
Veteran
Veteran

Location: The intersection of Inkopolis’ Plaza & Square where the Turf Wars lie.

05 Oct 2011, 1:30 pm

SabbraCadabra wrote:
I haven't played too many of them (both Gunstars, Light Crusader, Ikaruga, Bangai-O, and the DS sequel), and the only ones I've beaten are Advance Guardian Heroes and Astro Boy: Omega Factor.

I don't know if I'd lump both Bangai-Os together as one option there. I never really cared for the original Dreamcast one, but I liked the DS sequel a whole lot.

I think I'm going to vote for Astro Boy.
I didn't like the Dreamcast Bangai-O either when I played it at a friend's house. I also don't like Missile Fury on the 360 since it's exactly like the Dreamcast version. And wile I agree with you that the DS Spirits version is good, it's the second-best version (the original Nintendo 64 version is the best, I think). Astro Boy is an awesome game,but Advance Guardian Heroes just idn't as good as the Sega Saturn original (gotta love fighting Golden Silver!).

SabbraCadabra
Veteran
Veteran

06 Oct 2011, 9:08 am

...I'm pretty sure the N64 game and the Dreamcast game are the same game...

SyphonFilter
Veteran
Veteran

06 Oct 2011, 11:22 am

SabbraCadabra wrote:
How you unleash missiles is different, and a few other things. Look it up on YouTube, if they have any gameplay videos, you'll see what I mean.

DialAForAwesome
Veteran
Veteran

06 Oct 2011, 11:59 am

For me it'd be Guardian Heroes followed by Rakugaki Showtime.

SyphonFilter
Veteran
Veteran

06 Oct 2011, 9:44 pm

DialAForAwesome wrote:
For me it'd be Guardian Heroes followed by Rakugaki Showtime.
I've never played Rakugaki Showtime or Stretch Panic. They don't look too fun to me. But I'm glad you like Guardian Heroes. The Saturn version is awesome, and I look forward to buying Guardian Heroes HD when it arrives on XBLA next week.

DialAForAwesome
Veteran
Veteran

06 Oct 2011, 11:53 pm

Stretch Panic really isn't that fun IMO, but Rakugaki Showtime can be fun once you've unlocked all the characters.

I don't have my 360 anymore (it red ringed for like the 3rd time and the disc drive was messed up so I got rid of it; no money for another 360 right now) so I can't get Guardian Heroes on Live yet.

And to think I sold my copy of Guardian Heroes for Saturn earlier this year thinking that I could just get it on 360 right away when it comes out.....

ZakFiend
Veteran
Veteran

07 Oct 2011, 10:00 am

It's a toss up between Gradius V, sin and punishment and perhaps Gunstar heroes.

Sin and punishment was pretty darn good. Something totally I did not expect from treasure for the Wii.

SyphonFilter
Veteran
Veteran

09 Oct 2011, 3:37 pm

ZakFiend wrote:
It's a toss up between Gradius V, sin and punishment and perhaps Gunstar heroes.

Sin and punishment was pretty darn good. Something totally I did not expect from treasure for the Wii.
Sin and Punishment is one of the best games ever made for the Nintendo 64. It is total awesomeness when you play with both the Game Speed set on Turbo and Frame Skip On.

SabbraCadabra
Veteran
Veteran

10 Oct 2011, 9:59 am

SyphonFilter wrote:
SabbraCadabra wrote:
How you unleash missiles is different, and a few other things. Look it up on YouTube, if they have any gameplay videos, you'll see what I mean.

I've played them both, didn't notice any difference.

SonicMisaki
Veteran
Veteran

10 Oct 2011, 3:29 pm

Headdy is a BAWSS. Dynamite Headdy for me!

If only they'd try making a Sonic game...

SyphonFilter
Veteran
Veteran

10 Oct 2011, 3:47 pm

SonicMisaki wrote:

The Japanese version of Dynamite Headdy seems like it has a different art style than the North American/ PAL versions. While I'm on the subject of version differences, have you seen the original Japanese intro of Alien Soldier? Sega shouldn't have changed the broken misspelled English or changed A-Human to Sierra.

SonicMisaki
Veteran
Veteran

11 Oct 2011, 7:23 pm

SyphonFilter wrote:
SonicMisaki wrote:

The Japanese version of Dynamite Headdy seems like it has a different art style than the North American/ PAL versions. While I'm on the subject of version differences, have you seen the original Japanese intro of Alien Soldier? Sega shouldn't have changed the broken misspelled English or changed A-Human to Sierra.

Oh, you mean this?
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VXvKfDmbM1g[/youtube]
I agree.

SyphonFilter
Veteran
Veteran

11 Oct 2011, 8:21 pm

Yeah.