Page 7 of 13 [ 207 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 13  Next

Bradleigh
Veteran
Veteran

27 Nov 2011, 10:11 am

Just discovered a glitch with the mannequins that allows you clone armour, used to to give an ally a set of Nightingale armour, makes them look like Tamriel's version of Batman. Got to be some irony in a servent of Azura running around in an outfit for the service of Nocturnal. The glitch would be easy to exploit for lots of gold, first found out when it kept respawning shrouded hood instead of the cool Nightingale hood.

Erisad
Veteran
Veteran

27 Nov 2011, 12:02 pm

I'm so frustrated with Skyrim right now. The manual I bought for it keeps saying that the recommended level for places is level 6. Then I go in there and I get my ass kicked. I'm level 18 for crying out loud. Struggling with a Companion's quest that requires me to kill a bunch of Silverhands-bandit people. I think the quest is called "Purify" or something like that. I'm almost out of their dungeon too but it's the last group that keeps killing me no matter what I do. I'm in the Driftwood refuge if that helps. >.<

Basagu
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

27 Nov 2011, 12:38 pm

^What skills are you leveling?

Erisad
Veteran
Veteran

27 Nov 2011, 12:41 pm

Basagu wrote:
^What skills are you leveling?

Destruction, heavy armor, one handed combat, restoration mostly. Stuff I would use in battle, which is why I'm confused as to why I'm still dying so much. The beast form has proven less than useful for me as well, in fact I die faster as a werewolf than normally. >.<

Basagu
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

27 Nov 2011, 12:43 pm

You`re keeping your spells up to date or are you still using spells like Flames?

Erisad
Veteran
Veteran

27 Nov 2011, 12:45 pm

Basagu wrote:
You`re keeping your spells up to date or are you still using spells like Flames?

I have flame bolt, flame rune, the second form of the ice spell and lightning bolt. That's about it. Are there higher levels of spells that just aren't available to me yet?

Jetfox
Veteran
Veteran

27 Nov 2011, 2:14 pm

Verdandi wrote:
Nice. :)

I went and joined the Stormcloaks, and I'm debating going back to an earlier save and staying neutral a bit longer.

Earlier this year, someone on this forum tried to use my love of Plants vs. Zombies to tell me I can't possibly run this game (also, I said you don't need a top line video card to make it look good), but it looks fine to me.

well i don't think my graphics card is that bad. heck the game set itself for high graphics on first run based on my computer, but it ran so damn slow that i backed it down to get it to run at a decent speed.

i'm a stormcloak for life, or at least on my nord character. i don't like the legion much, really because they do whatever the high elves tell them to do. they turned their back on talos who was not only a hero to the nords but the one who built the empire which the legion comes from. no wonder the nords are pissed.

course i haven't played anything before oblivion, and i haven't even finished oblivion yet.

Basagu
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

27 Nov 2011, 2:20 pm

I think i`m addicted!

Ambivalence
Veteran
Veteran

27 Nov 2011, 2:45 pm

I've reached level 38 (or thereabouts) and have killed four people so far. One was an accident. I pickpocketed the Briar Heart from a Briar Heart, and the poor sod fell over and died on the spot... :D The other three were all sinister necromancer/evil wizard types who gave me little choice.

Also a couple of dozen undead and magical creatures that I had no choice but to kill. The College of Winterhold plot line kept putting me in positions where someone had to die. :( I haven't gone far into the main plot-line yet - managed to convince the chief draugr in Bleak Falls to walk into giant swingy axe blades. As I've done Meridia's quest and promised to use her undead-smitey sword I may declare open season on the draugr as they're not technically living. :)

As my character very rarely use weapons and doesn't wear armour, I found the twink's guide (Elder Scrolls games have broken mechanics? Stop the press!) upthread very amusing. Though I did sit and cast "Muffle" a couple of hundred times at one point when I was stuck in a dungeon and needed to be able to pacify the undead... :)

The year is still young.

Basagu
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

27 Nov 2011, 2:52 pm

On what difficulty is everyone playing? i`m thinking about doing a playthrough on master.

Erisad
Veteran
Veteran

27 Nov 2011, 4:03 pm

Basagu wrote:
On what difficulty is everyone playing? i`m thinking about doing a playthrough on master.

...easy. And I'm still dying all the time. I think I need to start over with a new character.

DemonAbyss10
Veteran
Veteran

27 Nov 2011, 4:27 pm

Current character is lvl 38-40, somewhere in there. Its a Nord named Svarog, I like to call him the juggernaut...

Maxed out smithing, maxed out block, maxed out heavy armor, maxed out single-handed weapons. Working on alchemy and enchanting next. I have a fll set of dragon plate and daedric. Using the dragonplate until I feel like upgrading the daedric armor to its fullest potential.

Gonna be making a Female something Mage-thief that focuses on illusion and alteration for casting schools.

Yes, I do have a DeviantArt, it is at.... http://demonabyss10.deviantart.com/

Bradleigh
Veteran
Veteran

27 Nov 2011, 5:48 pm

Have not altered the difficulty.

If you keep dieing in a fight, you might want to play safe, maybe there are some parts in the enviroment that you can use to your advantage, I have also found possibly useing some necromancy spells on enemies you managed to beat can abe surprisingly effective. If it is too hard there are ways to prepare, various standing stones can have varied effects, the apprentice can increase magic regen by 100%, the lord can increase armour rating by 50 pts. Maybe get an ally to follow you into the quest, the one from the end of Azura's quest is powerfull in magic, or you can get a house carl, and you can give them some updated items as well. If you have not got it already get all three of unrelenting force from the main quest, it can be surprisingly effective at sending people flying, if you are lucky they might even glitch and get stuck. For destruction spells like Firebolt, Icespike and Thunderbolt, it is important to get the ability of doing destruction spells two handed will make enemies stagger, this can really help you slow their advance towards you down.

Dingo7
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

27 Nov 2011, 7:51 pm

My characters a level 18 Nord... One handed is on about 52... archery and blocking both about 40ish... light armor and smithing are somewhere close behind...

Still have Lydia as my follower... shes got a set of elven armor... as do i... but im wearing one of those dragon mage masks...

Thinking ill join the stormcloaks after some more neutral questing...

Verdandi
Veteran
Veteran

Location: University of California Sunnydale (fictional location - Real location Olympia, WA)

27 Nov 2011, 8:27 pm

Jetfox wrote:
well i don't think my graphics card is that bad. heck the game set itself for high graphics on first run based on my computer, but it ran so damn slow that i backed it down to get it to run at a decent speed.

i'm a stormcloak for life, or at least on my nord character. i don't like the legion much, really because they do whatever the high elves tell them to do. they turned their back on talos who was not only a hero to the nords but the one who built the empire which the legion comes from. no wonder the nords are pissed.

course i haven't played anything before oblivion, and i haven't even finished oblivion yet.

Oops, I didn't mean your video card, I meant mine - but mine looks fairly good in-game.

The main reason I'd join the Legion is I like Michael Hogan as a voice actor. Given that the Legion was about to behead me, there's not a lot of loyalty there, however.

I don't think it's as simple as doing whatever the Thalmor tells them to do. At first Titus Mede II refused Thalmor demands. It was only after exhausting the Empire's military expelling the Thalmor army from Cyrodiil that he finally agreed to their demands in exchange for peace. I suspect that banning Talos isn't any more popular in the Legion than it is anywhere else, although they have admittedly not yet rebelled.

And all the Thalmor are doing is eliminating Talos as a god so they can eliminate humanity and mortality as a possibility, thus opening the way to return to a mythic time during which all are immortal.

DemonAbyss10
Veteran
Veteran

27 Nov 2011, 9:57 pm

Verdandi wrote:
Jetfox wrote:

Oops, I didn't mean your video card, I meant mine - but mine looks fairly good in-game.

The main reason I'd join the Legion is I like Michael Hogan as a voice actor. Given that the Legion was about to behead me, there's not a lot of loyalty there, however.

I don't think it's as simple as doing whatever the Thalmor tells them to do. At first Titus Mede II refused Thalmor demands. It was only after exhausting the Empire's military expelling the Thalmor army from Cyrodiil that he finally agreed to their demands in exchange for peace. I suspect that banning Talos isn't any more popular in the Legion than it is anywhere else, although they have admittedly not yet rebelled.

And all the Thalmor are doing is eliminating Talos as a god so they can eliminate humanity and mortality as a possibility, thus opening the way to return to a mythic time during which all are immortal.

I kinda tied my nord up into the lore. Dark brotherhood storyline for one, as well as a certain someone is a Thalmor Contact *read stuff, and you may find out who*. Well, Someone is gonna die soon enough , and the systematic extermination of elves might be a possibility for him.

In the end, the High-elves are still butthurt over the defeat of their tyrannical empire of centuries past. *Ayleids for those who know. They just want a return to power.

Yes, I do have a DeviantArt, it is at.... http://demonabyss10.deviantart.com/