Page 9 of 13 [ 207 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next

Telekon
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

28 Nov 2011, 10:59 pm

Verdandi wrote:

Look at the bottom of the screen - there should be a command to "unlock" the shout. It's "R" on the PC, I don't know what it is on the 360 or PS3, but it should tell you.

Once you unlock the shout, that will cost a dragon soul to be able to use it. You also have to unlock each level of a shout (unless it was taught to you by someone else) with a separate soul. So it can cost three souls to fully unlock one shout.

Worked. Thank you.

Basagu
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

29 Nov 2011, 5:28 am

Gunna start a new characted and play the game on Master difficulty, any tips?

ScrewyWabbit
Veteran
Veteran

29 Nov 2011, 12:38 pm

Bradleigh wrote:
I feel a bit sorry that I amI restricted in the equipment, wear ancient shrouded gloves and boots, so that I have have stealth and stealth attack bonus, and wearing archmage's robes and Morokei for %100 magic regen each. Sucks that looks a bit strange and my face keeps disapearing., At least it lets my chaacter almost continuosly use spells.

Where did you find the archmage robes? Off the top of my head the best robes I've found give 75% magika regen bonus and I think 25% destruction cost reduction, but they are only like neuromancer or adept mage robes.

Basagu
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

29 Nov 2011, 12:54 pm

The Winterhold college quest line, You should also get Morokei from that questline, since its a drop from a boss,

They`re fixing the dissapearing face bug in the next patch though.

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

29 Nov 2011, 1:39 pm

Basagu wrote:
The Winterhold college quest line, You should also get Morokei from that questline, since its a drop from a boss.

Yeah, that's where I got the blooddrain battleaxe.

Also I heard something about leveling up with the game engine, that most of the enemies increase in stats with you? If that's the case I can see where it makes sense to get to lvl 100 on only a few things and try to keep your levels down respectively just to keep the advantage in your court. I suppose certain level-triggered quests might take longer but it would probably be easier to go that route.

@Basagu - that might be your ticket; keep your specialties somewhat narrow to keep the levelups slow relative to your attack and defense increases.

“Love takes off the masks that we fear we cannot live without and know we cannot live within. I use the word "love" here not merely in the personal sense but as a state of being, or a state of grace - not in the infantile American sense of being made happy but in the tough and universal sense of quest and daring and growth.” - James Baldwin

Bradleigh
Veteran
Veteran

29 Nov 2011, 7:27 pm

Yeah probably good to focus on a few things, I would imagine that it would get quite hard if you tried to level out one-handed, two-handed, archery, destruction , and wearing equel amounts of light and heavy armour. It is quite cool playing different characters and seeing how a two handed character can smash enemeies, mages can really blow through enemies, and archers can cause surprisingly heavy damage from a distance. It is kind of recomended to get out of any of the first three standing stones as they can increase levels before you have the personal experience to fight enemies.

One of things I have enjoyed about the game is that it has given a reason for mages to wear robes that you would expect mages to wear, rather than full glass armour that I would wear in oblivion. But really archmage's robes and Morokei are so usefull that you probably won't wear anything else as a mage.

I am trying to colect ebony armour though, so far equiped my mannequin with gauntlets, boots, and shield, just need the helmet and the main armour, I was a bit annoyed that my brother went through a mission and randomly found ebony in the dungeon, and despite me being about the same level (or a little higher) I found bad drops. Well I kind of now how to turn them into daedric once I get 100 conjuration, already uised the alter to get frost and storm atronach tomes.

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

29 Nov 2011, 11:19 pm

Yeah, and I kind of cringe now when they're forcing me to level up because I know that my enemies are getting stronger and I'm getting more average the more I spread myself out. I think at the most I've taken to lock-picking and sneaking; just because I need them for quests that I want to complete, and I'm trying to keep my mage stuff down to destruction and conjuring, perhaps even destruction will take second place; I'm dabbling with enchantment a bit for money's sake as well as smithing but even with those I wonder if I'm putting more stress on my character than I want. I'm lvl 30 right now, hopefully I can stave off more ups for a good while or at least significantly slow them down.

“Love takes off the masks that we fear we cannot live without and know we cannot live within. I use the word "love" here not merely in the personal sense but as a state of being, or a state of grace - not in the infantile American sense of being made happy but in the tough and universal sense of quest and daring and growth.” - James Baldwin

Dingo7
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

30 Nov 2011, 5:03 am

Smithing is now maxed out... full set of dragonscale armour improved to legendary... only exception being the helmet and shield... being dragon plate rather then dragon scale... i like the plate shield and helmet to much to be concerned about the extra weight...

One handed now about 60ish... cant remember where everything else is...

Considering making a kajiit character...

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

30 Nov 2011, 2:41 pm

BTW, anyone born witness to the Great Crab yet? Thought this would be worth glazing a few braincells with. ;)
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9g_g7uYFWYw[/youtube]

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

30 Nov 2011, 3:19 pm

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QVDYUQ3k5Ek[/youtube]

Last edited by techstepgenr8tion on 30 Nov 2011, 8:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Jetfox
Veteran
Veteran

30 Nov 2011, 6:58 pm

aw dang the video is craping out on me. yeah i spread my character out pretty thin in this game. oh well.

i lost my hacked companion, i should have got that mod before hand, damn. can't get him back again.

DuneyBlues
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

30 Nov 2011, 7:17 pm

Stupid Ulfric/Galmor or Seasons Unending/Joining the Stormcloaks Glitch.

I can't progress through the game.

I'm still waiting for the patch in the mean time I've been cheating using the Armor Duplication Glitch and the XP Book Glitch. I'm a level 56 with Daedric Armor :)

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IcRv2hrJWF4[/youtube]

Last edited by DuneyBlues on 30 Nov 2011, 7:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

DuneyBlues
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

30 Nov 2011, 7:20 pm

Lol at the Aslful.. I hope Bethesda isn't focusing on patching the silly glitches.

Just like this one:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=endscreen&NR=1&v=F5-kO_iIzhU[/youtube]

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

30 Nov 2011, 8:40 pm

DuneyBlues wrote:
Lol at the Aslful.. I hope Bethesda isn't focusing on patching the silly glitches.

Just like this one:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=endscreen&NR=1&v=F5-kO_iIzhU[/youtube]

That one is pretty good, I think my favorite is still the suicidal flying deer where you see it levitating about 50 or 60 feet up and then it just drops on a tree and dies.

I kinda hope they don't focus on these too much either, it adds an element of comedy to the game. :)

Things I would like to see in the next one:
- break down the armor you don't want for crafting materials (ore, leather, etc.)
- a workable road map for dual wield where you have some good techniques (even go a little Filipino on it - siniwali, espada y daga, etc.)
- use of weapons for deflection; shields are way overrated unless you're using them as weapons, even then you can slip and fade with a single or two-handed weapon IRL just fine.
- some Easter egg caverns; stuff not related to any main quest that ends up being truly HUGE, like hours on hours of deep elaborate caverns that you only find if you take the initiative to go exploring.

Telekon
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

30 Nov 2011, 8:55 pm

There are a lot of pauses during gameplay. I hope the patch is able to fix them.

DemonAbyss10
Veteran
Veteran

01 Dec 2011, 12:16 am

techstepgenr8tion wrote:
DuneyBlues wrote:

Just like this one:

That one is pretty good, I think my favorite is still the suicidal flying deer where you see it levitating about 50 or 60 feet up and then it just drops on a tree and dies.

I kinda hope they don't focus on these too much either, it adds an element of comedy to the game. :)

Things I would like to see in the next one:
- break down the armor you don't want for crafting materials (ore, leather, etc.)
- a workable road map for dual wield where you have some good techniques (even go a little Filipino on it - siniwali, espada y daga, etc.)
- use of weapons for deflection; shields are way overrated unless you're using them as weapons, even then you can slip and fade with a single or two-handed weapon IRL just fine.
- some Easter egg caverns; stuff not related to any main quest that ends up being truly HUGE, like hours on hours of deep elaborate caverns that you only find if you take the initiative to go exploring.

Well you sorta have the last one. Blackreach + all the inter-connected dwemer ruins.

Yes, I do have a DeviantArt, it is at.... http://demonabyss10.deviantart.com/