Page 8 of 8 [ 128 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

Rorberyllium
Veteran
Veteran

25 Mar 2013, 12:59 pm

Schneekugel wrote:
I found "Zelda - A Link to the Past" great, because you never knew when it really ended. So you have adventured the whole world -> get some goodie and you can adventure everything again. So whenever you got something new as new bombs, or the fire or coldstaff, the bumerang, .... it allowed you new ways at places you have already been.

You just described every Zelda game. Also in a looser sense, every Metroid and Igavania game.

Schneekugel
Veteran
Veteran

26 Mar 2013, 4:36 am

But Metroid is no phantasy. ^^ Its the same with Warcraft and Command & Conquer. I loved Warcraft to the extreme, but I never got into Command & Conquer. So technical they are equal, same game concept and so on...but who wants tanks, when you can have dragons? ^^

SabbraCadabra
Veteran
Veteran

26 Mar 2013, 5:07 am

I wouldn't say every Metroid game. Hunters wasn't really like that, and Idunno about Other M, but I have my doubts...

Rorberyllium
Veteran
Veteran

26 Mar 2013, 10:46 am

SabbraCadabra wrote:
I wouldn't say every Metroid game. Hunters wasn't really like that, and Idunno about Other M, but I have my doubts...

Those don't count.

Violetvee
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

26 Mar 2013, 8:04 pm

My favorite has to be Majora's Mask. I can't wait for that to get a 3DS remake. It'll be awesome. Wind Waker's a close second, although I think Phantom Hourglass was the first LoZ I actually finished.

cyberia
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

27 Mar 2013, 3:18 am

I love them all, but I think my favourite one is Wind Waker. The graphics are so cool, and I like the story a lot. And Tetra was awesome too.

Thaeliscyn
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

28 Mar 2013, 2:12 am

Every one of them has their own unique features by themselves, and they're all awesome, but Wind Waker takes the cake for me. The unique artistic style and sound design really punched a hole for me. First time going to Dragon Roost Island and hearing it's theme was one of the better feelings I've had in gaming.

Twilight Princess a close second, the Wolf-Link mechanics definitely put a spin on things, when you'd traverse through old areas with a completely different mindset.

Apparently I haven't played enough 2d Zelda games (only played Link to the Past and Minish Cap, both still great games). Perhaps I'll take a suggestion here and try to play another one.

SabbraCadabra
Veteran
Veteran

28 Mar 2013, 5:15 am

Rorberyllium wrote:
Those don't count.

Oh......