Page 1 of 2 [ 17 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

seaweasel
Toucan
Toucan

01 Nov 2011, 7:54 pm

I got black ops and i am scared to talk into the mic =( what should i do?

MakaylaTheAspie
Veteran
Veteran

Location: O'er the land of the so-called free and the home of the self-proclaimed brave. (Oregon)

01 Nov 2011, 8:16 pm

What you should really be worrying about is not dying too much. There are nice people on Xbox Live.

MoonMetropolis
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

01 Nov 2011, 10:33 pm

MakaylaTheAspie wrote:
There are nice people on Xbox Live.

:lol:

http://www.facebook.com/groups/268572923155605/ <--- Join the Wrong Planet Facebook group... or else.

Sparx
Veteran
Veteran

03 Nov 2011, 2:58 am

Use some voice disguising software to make you sound like Darth Vader. :twisted:

Basagu
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

03 Nov 2011, 4:32 am

I also, am scared to talk into a mic.

But i played Black ops and my conclusion is, you don`t really need a mic because most people mute others with a mic!

kxmode
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

03 Nov 2011, 11:03 am

seaweasel wrote:
I got black ops and i am scared to talk into the mic =( what should i do?

Use a mic professionally. In other words keep your personal life to a bare minimum, if even that. Most of the time people will ask for things, you can simply acknowledge their request and proceed. If you do this then you give nobody any reasons to hate you and talk bad about you. If they still do then they're being jerks and you can mute them.

sMeow
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

03 Nov 2011, 12:04 pm

You can also find a guild/team or whatever community to play with some guys who are understanding your difficulties. That's what I did ; it wasn't so easy, but... things evolve gradually.

I'm sceptical about my sentences, in this post... hmm...

MakaylaTheAspie
Veteran
Veteran

Location: O'er the land of the so-called free and the home of the self-proclaimed brave. (Oregon)

03 Nov 2011, 6:34 pm

MoonMetropolis wrote:
MakaylaTheAspie wrote:
There are nice people on Xbox Live.

:lol:

*ahem* Lemme revise that. There may be nice people on Xbox Live. :lmao:

sMeow
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

03 Nov 2011, 6:51 pm

Quote:
*ahem* Lemme revise that. There may be nice people on Xbox Live.

I don't think you can talk to nice people by random playing on CoD anymore... most of them are just mad.

Situation 1 :

Quote:
"OMFGWTFBBQ you killed me, hackzor"

Situation 2 :

Quote:
"OMFGWTFBBQ ur using AKu, it's f*****g low blablah"

Situation 3 :

Quote:
"Wow, nice one...wait, we're on CoD, nobody say congratulations... OMFGWTFBBQ [...]"

Nah, seriously, I don't encountered a lot of "mature" players in CoD, except for my teams - usually, it's simple to see if a team is mature and open-minded or not.

Venger
Veteran
Veteran

03 Nov 2011, 8:12 pm

seaweasel wrote:
I got black ops

Why you get overrated COD:Black Ops when MW3 is about to come out? Black Ops is going to be old news soon.

MissAwkward
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

03 Nov 2011, 8:22 pm

I am also scared to talk into mic, even tho I want to make friends :(

MoonMetropolis
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

03 Nov 2011, 11:38 pm

I'm presuming you have a language impairment? If that's the case, you're probably better off not talking into your mic. The people on online games are, generally speaking, infamous for their crass immaturity and for behaving like drunken, ret*d 3-year-olds - especially on generic FPS games like Call of Duty, where most of the players are moronic 12-year-old boys. Why would you want to talk to those people in the first place?

Do you have Uno for XBLA? Try talking on Uno first. The people on there are generally more mature, although I still can't guarantee you won't be made fun of.

http://www.facebook.com/groups/268572923155605/ <--- Join the Wrong Planet Facebook group... or else.

SyphonFilter
Veteran
Veteran

Location: The intersection of Inkopolis’ Plaza & Square where the Turf Wars lie.

06 Nov 2011, 8:53 pm

I use a mic when I play Black Ops. I don't really say anything, though.

Keith
Veteran
Veteran

07 Nov 2011, 9:36 pm

Play with some real friends. Then play with one of their friends whom you do not know. Hopefully, the more friends join that you don't know (over time, not in one game) will make it easier to talk.

But you should not spam the mic with useless information.

Ollytheaspie
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

14 Nov 2011, 10:23 pm

most of the people of Modern Warfare 3 and most of the xbox live community are really immature and complete jackasses looking for a quick laugh and to point fun at people, although I've now been a member on XBL for 5 years and I will admit I've come across some top quality guys playing games and joined some clan groups and had some really good times, you have got to get lucky to find 'the nice guys of live'. If you want add me and we'll get some games in my tag is Olivares1207 don't be scared to add me :D

NeXus_Blueliner
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

03 Jan 2012, 6:53 am

I get like this too. I WANT to talk on mic just to 'fit in' and be like a lot of other people and just feel I'm a part of what they are. But like others have said, most on games like Black Ops are annoying little children or complete jerks that think they own everything and everyone. What I did was went on mic for periods of time with a friend doing the same. I ended up making mostly noises on mic as that's what I normally do off mic anyway. I also ended up talking to my friend a bit in the grudge kind of voice. I know I must of sounded silly to everyone else who could hear but I didn't care. There are some nice people out there who will talk without making fun of you or anything and will make you feel more at ease talking on mic. Just talk :) If anyone is mean, you can just mute them and if they start sending nasty messages, report them. Losers will be losers. Just think, nothing ventured nothing gained. As soon as you start to talk it'll become easier over time and you likely won't stop talking :D You may even end up singing like I do at times haha. I forget my mic is on sometimes :oops: