Page 1 of 1 [ 11 posts ] 

Boxman108
Veteran
Veteran

05 Mar 2012, 10:31 am

Going for collecting all the weapons, weapon upgrades, fish, sidequests, max llevel(if there is one?), etc. in NieR has given me the idea for this thread. What all games have you completed fully, or at least what you consider to be? Or anywhere near close to 100%ing them? Are there some you've just givven up on? Some you might be proud of? Perhaps extra challenges you've done after doing so, like the three heart challenge or nuzlock? May as well make a list for myself, so here are mine from what I can recall:

Legend of Zelda - Despite being one of the more difficult games in the series, finding everything isn't exactly difficult. I'll admit I did use a guide once or twice to find the last few dungeon locations and how to get through Level-9(place is confusing as hell), so I might have skimmed over where to find the Blue Ring or the master key(is that what it was called?). Should be noted I haen't bothered with the second quest.

Oracle of Seasons - Got eerything except for one heart piece on my latest run. After hours of searching pretty much the whole overworld, I looked up where it was on a guide, and found that the one I was missing was held by Maple the witch, whom you encounter randomly on certain screens. Even then, whether the heart piece actually shows up is random, and depending on where it falls she can get it before you do or be stuck in a place you can't reach. Ugh. Maybe I'll attempt it again sometime.

Majora's Mask - Got all the masks, sidequests, and fairy upgrades, and all that completed. Found I only need two heart pieces, but the problem is that you have to do these stupid archery mini games in order to get them. They wouldn't be so bad if you didn't have to pretty much get an absolutely perfect score without missing anything, all within a time limit. That, and you have to complete each twice because they give quiver upgrades first.

The Wind Waker - Actuall did this one pretty recently, just before the release of Skyward Sword. Getting absolutely everything in this game was kind of a pain. Having played it repeatedly ever since I got it on release way back in 2003(man that's almost like 100 years ago), a lot of things felt like just going through the motions and I'd commited most everything to memory. Still, some Sea Charts and heart pieces were confusing to get, since you're once again forced to play some mini games more than once. Nothing as bad as those archery ones, but it's just weird to expect more than one prize. Guess I'll admit I haven't actually done any of the Tingle Tuner stuff, and used an Action Replay to get the figurines I couldnn't get without it. :p Three hearted the game not too long ago either, and nevver once even had to use any fairies or potions.

Twilight Princess - Pretty much just as easy as getting everything in LoZ, barring the stupid Poe fetch quest. The mini game with Cucco gliding over Lake Hylia was annoying as well, but other than that, stuff was generally easy to find or accomplish. Especially considering the stupid idea to put two heart pieces in every dungeon. In the middle of doing a three heart run of this, complete with no shield and glitched so that I can keep the wooden sword. Probably not gonna go for stuff like the hidden skills or the magic armor.

Super Metroid - Not quite, but at the end of my first(and so far only) run through the game, without any guide, I got 89% item completion. I figured I'd just go back and get everything else after, but it seems that it's impossible to get back out of Tourian, which is disappointing, as it's possible to head back out of what is the last area in the other games for the most part.

Metroid Prime - Used a guide, which I'm not particularly proud of, but for some of the items I doubt everybody would ever find them all on their own.

Metroid Prime 2: Echoes - First Metroid game I played and completed. I'll also admit to using a guide for this, but only after I was certain I was at the end, and pretty much needed it to find all the temple keys and stuff. Wasn't about to go through Dark Aether without one considering that most of the enemies were a pain.

Metroid Prime 3: Corruption - Only had to use a guide for a couple of things on the Valhalla I beliee it was called, and even then I think the guide had its info wrong. Seems there's one particular room in Elysia that marks every other ittem in the game on your map for you, so that made things really easy.

Metroid: Other M - Probably the easiest Metroid game ever in pretty much every way(unless you, well, choose hard mode I suppose). Only needed to use a guide for the last two things I was missing. Everything else just seemed way too obvious. They really shoud make items appearing on the map an option that you can shut off if you want to.

No More Heroes 2: Desperate Struggle - Not that there's a whole lot to do outside the main stuff in this game. Just that, compared to the first, it seems it's a bit easier, since you don't have to go out and find Lolikov balls or whatever else. :p

Super Mario Galaxy - The only Mario game I've ever finished legitimately without glitches or using stuff like the Star road(well, other than the Paper Mario games, but those are spin offs), and the only one I've ever gotten 100% on. Even did the whole thing over again to get all 242(was that it?) stars Before I got bored and sold it, I tried to see what all levels I could do without the intended power ups, doing fancy wall kicks and :sequence breaking" I guess you could say. Made 'em much more difficult.

NieR - As I said, I'm not actually done with this, but I figured I may as well list it since I'm going for it anyway. At the moment I have 54% quest completion and 57% weapon completion. Don't have half the words since there's an achievement for getting that many that I don't have. I've had to look up a guide just to see how many quests you're supposed to have completed before the half way point, and almost missed one entirely. Figure I might continue my youtube run from this file instead of the other I've got, but then I guess others who've watched it might get confused as to exactly what I've done. Could just restart or make it a seperate run, but I'd rather not do some things over again. Fishing was a huge pain.

There are others I just won't do. Tried with Sonic Adventure 2: Battle, and did evvery single mission for Sonic, Shadow, and Eggman, but got fed up and finally just used an acttion replay to unlock everything else. I remember using a Gameshark one afternoon, trying to catch every single Pokemon in Gold, not realizing there was a cheat just to get the Pokedex full instantly. :p So what about you guys?

While someone else is eating or opening a window or
just walking dully along...

ZX_SpectrumDisorder
Veteran
Veteran

05 Mar 2012, 10:34 am

I don't think I could ever do it, tbh. The idea of scouring every area of a game looking for pigeons or something irritates me.

Venger
Veteran
Veteran

05 Mar 2012, 12:38 pm

I've gotten 100% in seven of those games you listed. By the way did you play through the Metroid Prime games on hard difficulty when collecting every item/scan?

Boxman108
Veteran
Veteran

05 Mar 2012, 12:56 pm

Venger wrote:
I've gotten 100% in seven of those games you listed. By the way did you play through the Metroid Prime games on hard difficulty when collecting every item/scan?

Nah, I suck at those games enough as it is on the easiest difficulty. :P Might go back and try just for the sake of it, though.

Venger
Veteran
Veteran

05 Mar 2012, 1:08 pm

Boxman108 wrote:
Venger wrote:

Nah, I suck at those games enough as it is on the easiest difficulty. :P Might go back and try just for the sake of it, though.

I only got a perfect game on hard difficulty in the first Metroid Prime. In Metroid Prime 2 and Metroid Prime 3 I just played through on normal difficulty.

Boxman108
Veteran
Veteran

05 Mar 2012, 2:18 pm

Venger wrote:
Boxman108 wrote:
Venger wrote:

I only got a perfect game on hard difficulty in the first Metroid Prime. In Metroid Prime 2 and Metroid Prime 3 I just played through on normal difficulty.

Well congrats. Which versions of the games did you play? I found the first two games on the Metroid Prime Trilogy disc easier just because I find pointer controls better, but I heard they tweaked some stuff like how much damage some enemies do or whatever else.

Venger
Veteran
Veteran

05 Mar 2012, 2:45 pm

Boxman108 wrote:
Venger wrote:
Boxman108 wrote:
Venger wrote:

Well congrats. Which versions of the games did you play? I found the first two games on the Metroid Prime Trilogy disc easier just because I find pointer controls better, but I heard they tweaked some stuff like how much damage some enemies do or whatever else.

I played Metroid Prime 1 and 2 on the Gamecube when they were new. And Metroid Prime 3 on the Wii when it was new.

DC1977
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

05 Mar 2012, 6:32 pm

I've also done the three Metroid Prime games, some others that spring to mind are

-GTA 3
-GTA San Andreas (Never want to do that again, Flying School.....ugh!)
-All of the Lego games up til now
-Assassins Creed 1 and 2
-LA Noire
-Final Fantasy 8 and 9
-Uncharted 1, 2 and 3

It's a thing I like to do, Tropies and gamerpoints were the worst thing to happen to me, can now be found carrying out some weird and wonderful tasks to get that 100 points or platinum. hey ho.

RW665
Veteran
Veteran

06 Mar 2012, 12:33 am

-Mass Effect 2
-Alice: Madness Returns
-Condemned: Criminal Origins
-Clive Barker's Jericho
-Assassin's Creed 2
-Eternal Darkness: Sanity's Requiem
-Psychonauts
-Kingdom Hearts
-Silent Hill 2

That's all I can think of right now.

Morbid Malign's askblog: http://askmorbidmalign.tumblr.com/

Shatbat
Veteran
Veteran

06 Mar 2012, 11:52 am

I always try to, but never seem to actually do it. There is always some annoying mini-game with no reward other than getting closer to that 100%, and I don't have a lot of tolerance for these. I last a lot longer when there is an actual reward though. Completing Winnie the Pooh's world minigames, and farming for hours to get enough materials to build all recipes, so I can get enough Oridecon + for an Ultims Weapon, best keyblade in KH II? Sure. I defeated Sephiroth, got all drive forms to max lv so I could have their special skills in base form (a long time farming exp. But defeating strong nobodies by just mashing X button while on the rather broken Final Form was even enjoyable). Doing all of those minigames with no reward needed to fill Jimini's Journal and get 100% completion? Naw. Good thing you don't need that to unlock the secret video while in Proud Mode.

SabbraCadabra
Veteran
Veteran

07 Mar 2012, 9:13 am

Shatbat wrote:
I always try to, but never seem to actually do it. There is always some annoying mini-game with no reward other than getting closer to that 100%, and I don't have a lot of tolerance for these.

Same here.

I do think Achievements and that sort of thing are kind of cool, but I have nowhere near enough patience for most of the ridiculous ones.