Page 2 of 3 [ 39 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Verdandi
Veteran
Veteran

Location: University of California Sunnydale (fictional location - Real location Olympia, WA)

28 Mar 2012, 12:37 pm

I would like to see more games with options beyond killing, and often the constant killing does get tedious.

transformingcar
Veteran
Veteran

28 Mar 2012, 1:11 pm

i dont see what the problem is, killing is always fun! i dont need to take another option, not when I can shove a grenade in a brute's mouth, then watch his head explode! (saints row) or decapitate a bunch of cops! (GTA) and let's not stop there! send in an nuclear airstrike! (world in flames) of course it's nice to have a varity methods to choose from... i love video games...

Verdandi
Veteran
Veteran

Location: University of California Sunnydale (fictional location - Real location Olympia, WA)

29 Mar 2012, 3:14 am

transformingcar wrote:
i dont see what the problem is, killing is always fun! i dont need to take another option, not when I can shove a grenade in a brute's mouth, then watch his head explode! (saints row) or decapitate a bunch of cops! (GTA) and let's not stop there! send in an nuclear airstrike! (world in flames) of course it's nice to have a varity methods to choose from... i love video games...

Then there are plenty of games to provide you with entertainment. What's wrong with asking for more entertainment options?

I actually find combat in some games overly tedious and time-consuming, because it seems like that's all you ever do.

ZX_SpectrumDisorder
Veteran
Veteran

29 Mar 2012, 3:22 am

Less killing, more rape.

transformingcar
Veteran
Veteran

29 Mar 2012, 7:11 am

Quote:
I actually find combat in some games overly tedious and time-consuming, because it seems like that's all you ever do.

whow, don't jump to conclusions. im into just about every kind of game, killing or not, or even RPG's or simply the sims or hamsterball you name it I would play it. actually hamsterball is a pretty good game...

Verdandi
Veteran
Veteran

29 Mar 2012, 12:14 pm

transformingcar wrote:
Quote:

whow, don't jump to conclusions. im into just about every kind of game, killing or not, or even RPG's or simply the sims or hamsterball you name it I would play it. actually hamsterball is a pretty good game...

You said you didn't see what the problem is. I explained what my problem is. How is providing my perspective jumping to conclusions?

DanRaccoon
Veteran
Veteran

29 Mar 2012, 12:36 pm

ZX_SpectrumDisorder wrote:
Less killing, more rape.

Japan may have what you're looking for :p I heard of a game once where you go around raping as many people as possible. I've never seen it so I don't really know if it is true and I'd recommend caution if you're going to try and Google it.

http://www.youtube.com/user/DanRaccoon

RushKing
Veteran
Veteran

29 Mar 2012, 1:46 pm

But games with hostile environments tend to be more thrilling. For me it doesn't, since there are so many different strategies you can use when targeting opponents and defending yourself. For me, it really comes down to the games mechanics, not whether or not it has killing in it.

Last edited by RushKing on 29 Mar 2012, 1:55 pm, edited 2 times in total.

fraac
Veteran
Veteran

29 Mar 2012, 1:54 pm

I tasted the Call of Duty series and I'm not sure it's for me, seems a bit brainless. I can't get Amnesia: The Dark Descent to work yet but it's about threat and fear rather than killing, apparently you don't even have a weapon.

I'd like more inventive forms of killing people in games, and in general.