Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

muffinhead
Toucan
Toucan

02 Aug 2016, 9:29 pm

I bought it a couple days ago during a steam sale because I had heard good things about it. I thought it was quite good, not perfect. I cried like a baby half the time because I'm such a sucker for emotional storylines like the one in the game,

Extrication
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

03 Aug 2016, 1:11 am

I've only seen a bit of Let's Play footage. I hear it is a bit on the short side, for the price.

muffinhead
Toucan
Toucan

03 Aug 2016, 11:43 am

Extrication wrote:
I've only seen a bit of Let's Play footage. I hear it is a bit on the short side, for the price.

It is, hence me buying it when it was "only" $4

vegam
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

03 Aug 2016, 2:10 pm

I watched a few Let's Plays but never picked it up for myself.

The idea looked interesting (I like the idea of getting to explore a house and trying to learn about the family that lived there based on their possessions, the layout of the home, etc.) but from what I saw it didn't seem to have quite ... enough to justify the price.

Contact me at: [email protected]

muffinhead
Toucan
Toucan

03 Aug 2016, 2:54 pm

vegam wrote:
I watched a few Let's Plays but never picked it up for myself.

The idea looked interesting (I like the idea of getting to explore a house and trying to learn about the family that lived there based on their possessions, the layout of the home, etc.) but from what I saw it didn't seem to have quite ... enough to justify the price.

I agree, people are completely justified for complaining about the $20 price tag. I really stretched out the game play (looking at everything, stopping to simply look around,) and I got 3 hours of gameplay from it, but for most people we're talking about 1-1 1/2 hours for $20. When I first saw the game trailer, I was pretty captivated, so I would've eventually bit the bullet and spent the full price anyway.

Enigmatic_Oddity
Veteran
Veteran

04 Aug 2016, 1:06 am

I enjoyed it. There was a fair bit of critical praise around it and a lot of backlash afterwards prior to me making the purchase. I didn't think it was the best thing ever, but it was engaging and for me worth the price. Interesting story, characters, and an excellent attention to detail in the setting.

I do prefer cheaper, shorter games though. $20 for 3 hours of a quality experience sounds pretty good to me. I tend to get a lot more enjoyment from them than $110 games that supposedly last for hundreds of hours that you get bored of after the first 10.

Korvan
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

07 Aug 2016, 5:51 pm

I got my copy free from the PlayStation store last month but was originally going to purchase it. I liked the exploring part of the house and the story was rather sweet - but it wasn't as great as I expected it to be. I would play through it again just to grind some achievements and to listen to the developers notes as its always interesting to hear how these smaller independent companies get a group of artists together to create the final product - but after that I probably may not play it again.

The only click and point/storytelling game I would repeat regardless of achievements already being earned is 'Tales from the borderlands'.