Possibly-controversial new Pokemon concepts

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

dan_aspie
Raven
Raven

06 Aug 2016, 6:55 am

I had a few ideas for new Pokemon concepts recently. The first two were initially going to be based around angels and demons, but I knew that certain groups of nut-jobs out there would b***h and moan, as they always do. However now I think I can redo them just enough to not be detected by such detestable wastes of life. The third entry is a recent concept.

I'd like to know what you think. I've been an on-and-off fan of Pokemon for years. I'll try to get concept art up as soon as I'm able!

Hiropion, the Heroic Pokemon: The name is a combination of hiro (the literal Japanese translation for hero), and champion. This Pokemon is benevolent and righteous, and makes a life doing heroic deeds and protecting the innocent. It is a Fairy/Electric type, relating back to the original concept of an angel. It's ability Rising Light prevents all damage being super-effective except from it's rival.

Vilenemy, the Fiendish Pokemon: The name is a combination of vile and enemy. This Pokemon is malicious and devious, often playing tricks on its victims and praying on the weak. It is a Dark/Fire type, relating back to the original concept of a demon. It's ability Falling Shadow prevents all damage being super-effective except from it's rival.

Occuris, the Sight-Force Pokemon: The name is a combination of occult (in Latin it means knowledge of the hidden, referencing that nothing can hide from the Pokemon) and iris. The design isn't finalized but it will definitely include an eyeball of some kind. It is a Ghost/Dark type, so only Fairy will be super-effective (fitting, since light can blind the eye, and Fairy is virtually the light-type). It's ability is No Guard, an existing ability, which causes all moves used by the Pokemon to never miss (also fitting, since Occuris sees all, and therefore could find weak-points with no effort).

SonicMisaki
Veteran
Veteran

06 Aug 2016, 3:40 pm

Occuris, Occuris, what do you see?

But seriously, these could be interesting gimmicks, even coming from Game Freak rather than you. I'd imagine Hiropion and Vilenemy becoming the mascot legends for hypothetic Rainbow and Chrome entries, respectively.

My only question is, why not Fairy/Fighting or Fairy/Flying for Hiropion? I'd think that up as it, being the Pokémon version of Angemon, naturally associates with justice and bravery.
Heck, even Fairy/Fire since some higher classes of Christian angels, from what I've heard, tended to have fiery features.

dan_aspie
Raven
Raven

06 Aug 2016, 6:21 pm

Fairy/Fighting is definitely doable. Psychic and Flying moves would only be super-effective if they came from Vilenemy, so no worries there.

I'll name-change Hiropion slightly to Hirodian. The former sounds very similar to Drapion, an existing Pokemon with no relation whatsoever. The words hero and guardian are also very synonymous.

I have a fourth entry too:

Farthane, the Lonely Pokemon: Name is a combination of fart and methane (the gas commonly produced by farting). Design is unknown at this time. It will be a Normal/Poison type, and will have the ability Nasty Smell, which causes moves that make contact to miss more often (because no one wants to get near a smelly gas, right?).

dan_aspie
Raven
Raven

07 Aug 2016, 2:12 am

My attempt at drawing a Pokemon failed. Using the outline of Ace, aka experiment 262 from Lilo and Stitch fame, I tried to draw a super-heroic type, but instead it ended up as my own design of Mighty Mouse.

Sorry everyone, but I seem to have difficulty translating what I visualize in my head onto a physical medium. :cry:

This was supposed to be Hirodian!