Page 104 of 276 [ 4404 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 101, 102, 103, 104, 105, 106, 107 ... 276  Next

Skilpadde
Veteran
Veteran

10 Mar 2016, 10:10 pm

Pokemon Rumble World

love you and miss you, dear boy

Stop the wolf kills! https://www.thepetitionsite.com/takeact ... 3091429765

Nist498
Veteran
Veteran

10 Mar 2016, 11:30 pm

Currently playing Nuclear Throne and Neon SXZ. NT is really starting to piss me off with its many BS situations.

All magic comes with a price! - Rumplestiltskin

Misery
Veteran
Veteran

11 Mar 2016, 2:46 am

Nist498 wrote:
NT is really starting to piss me off with its many BS situations.

Better get used to it. There's some actual, genuine problems with the game... as in, broken things... but Vlambeer is TERRIBLE about dealing with it.

Lil' Hunter, for instance, and the issues with the floor he appears in. There have been non-stop complaints about it... FOR OVER A YEAR. A freaking YEAR. Usually there's more than one raging topic at a time on the forums about this. So every update, everyone hopes for fixes. And every update, what happens? Oh, great... even MORE useless sound effects that we didnt need (seriously, they spent more time doing sound effects than fixing important things). ALL they have to do is fix the spawn problem that appears on 5-3. Big Dog's floor... 3-3... had the EXACT same issue way back when, and that DID get fixed, so that stage is no longer always a cheap disaster. But 5-3? Ignored! For a year!

And that's just THAT problem. There's also stuff that was only sort of half-finished and became, thusly, half-pointless (crowns, the Jungle level that NOBODY EVER GOES TO because it's freaking pointless), a variety of other bugs, and many balance problems.

But every update... time to make totally insignificant balance changes (the tiny, hard to notice, "why did they even bother doing that" sort of things) and add more sound effects!

Really, I applaud their design skill, but when it comes to balancing/fixing stuff, Vlambeer... hasnt the foggiest damn clue what they're doing. Some people might say "well YOU try doing that with a game and see how well it goes for you!" but at this point I *have*, and kinda already know what I'm doing, in my contracted work for another indie dev (in a game that is, in fact, in the same genre). I've ended up having alot of control over that game's balance, which means I make the changes as I see fit, and really... it's not THAT hard to spot the damn problems in a game and decide that they need changing. Particularly if you've got anyone loudly complaining about something.

I actually had an extremely negative scathing review of the game up for quite some time, until one of the devs convinced me that they definitely did care about all the problems, and were TOTALLY working on them. So I took it down, waited to see what'd happen. 2 months later, FINALLY another update, and.... very extremely minor (as in, hardly noticable) balance changes, bugfixes, and something with the daily system. Ugh.

Currently I'm torn between putting the damn review back up or not.

It's not a bad game, but... you do need patience for it. It's a good game if you can get into it... but it could have been sooooooo much more, if they were to handle things correctly, instead of OMG SOUND EFFECTS every freaking update.

I still play it a bunch, but... it doesnt have the sheer fun that Isaac does, because NT's problems tend to just suck that away sometimes.

There, that's one rant over. In case you cant tell, this particular thing bugs me just a bit.

Lace-Bane
Veteran
Veteran

11 Mar 2016, 3:29 am

Started a new game of Minecraft on the PS4 yesterday...
Been working on an underwater base to store my stuff.

Misery
Veteran
Veteran

11 Mar 2016, 4:52 pm

So, Mario Maker had an update again. Yet again, it was unexpected. Keys, locked doors, pink coins (max 5 in a level, get all 5 and you get a key), and for whatever reason, the giant Skewers from Super Mario World.

Just 4 new items, and I'm already amazed at the amount of possibilities that were just added.

Keys can also be attached to enemies, allowing for forced boss fights (finally).

And also, the ability to dive into the level view, and see, up close, where everyone died in the level, both front and back sides. I can now look at spots where people died in places WHERE IT'S IMPOSSIBLE TO DIE. I just... I cant... what.

SparkyCosmos
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

11 Mar 2016, 5:15 pm

Misery wrote:
So, Mario Maker had an update again. Yet again, it was unexpected. Keys, locked doors, pink coins (max 5 in a level, get all 5 and you get a key), and for whatever reason, the giant Skewers from Super Mario World.

Just 4 new items, and I'm already amazed at the amount of possibilities that were just added.

Keys can also be attached to enemies, allowing for forced boss fights (finally).

And also, the ability to dive into the level view, and see, up close, where everyone died in the level, both front and back sides. I can now look at spots where people died in places WHERE IT'S IMPOSSIBLE TO DIE. I just... I cant... what.

I still need to get that game. At first I didn't really think I'd get much fun out of it because I am bad at level editors, but now I realize it's amazing. And the fact it keeps getting free updates is amazing.

curiouscat1993
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

11 Mar 2016, 5:33 pm

Final Fantasy V

Misery
Veteran
Veteran

11 Mar 2016, 8:09 pm

SparkyCosmos wrote:
Misery wrote:

I still need to get that game. At first I didn't really think I'd get much fun out of it because I am bad at level editors, but now I realize it's amazing. And the fact it keeps getting free updates is amazing.

It's definitely worth it, yeah. And yes, level making can be tough, but the key to it is to take your time. A good level is not made in 30 minutes. Mine usually take a good 6 hours or so to do, and ALOT of testing. But they come out quite good and are well-received, so it's been worth the time. The important thing to remember is that if you're not having a good time playing your own level as you continue to test it, chances are, nobody else will either.

My only tip though is to avoid Expert mode when doing the 100-Mario-Challenge. From my experiences, "Expert mode" basically translates to "bad level trash heap". Super lazy level design that leads to cheap deaths? Or how about insta-death "troll" levels where you just die the moment the level starts? Yep, all of that and more. Or of course, the Super Meat Boy wannabe levels (I really hate those). People usually just get frustrated and angry with that mode instead of a good challenge. There's better ways to find a challenge.

And with this update they now add "Super Expert Mode", to which I say.... WHY? I tried it ONCE earlier today. And just.... Never... Again. I dont even care that there's a few mystery mushroom costumes to unlock. They're not worth it.

But other than that... the game is fantastic.

Alliekit
Veteran
Veteran

12 Mar 2016, 7:43 pm

At the moment I'm playing farcry primal which is awesome! Graphics are amazing! I'm also playing a bit of civ :)

GGPViper
Veteran
Veteran

14 Mar 2016, 4:23 am

Back to playing Pillars of Eternity. A lot of changes with the latest patches, including a much-needed weapon rebalance, so guns don't outshine all other weapons... So I built a party from scratch.

The_Blonde_Alien
Veteran
Veteran

14 Mar 2016, 10:31 am

I'm playing the Fire Emblem Awakening Demo endlessly (mainly beacuse I'm waiting for the real game to arrive!) as well as some healthy doses of Fire Emblem: the Sacred Stones (it's a gameboy game given to those who got the 3DS early).

The only thing I hate about the Fire Emblem Awakening demo is that it forces you to play as male Robin which, if you cannot tell by my profile picture, I have gender dysphora, which means that any video game that forces me to play as a guy already reminds me of all the gender issues I'm currently encountering. And when you have problems like that, you most certainly don't want reminders. :roll:

I can get why the demo doesn't allow to cuztomize your avatar, but it does't even let you choose your char's gender (which by the way would hardly make a difference in the first few chapters of the game.) I just don't see the sense in it.

Sorry if I sounded as if I rambled about my gender issues. I've been through a few frustrating days. -_-"

-Thomas Jefferson

Kuraudo777
Veteran
Veteran

14 Mar 2016, 10:42 am

I'm playing FE: Fates Revelation, and so far I'm having so much fun!
^Hugs! :heart:

A memory is something that has to be consciously recalled, right? That's why sometimes it can be mistaken and a different thing. But it's different from a memory locked deep within your heart. Words aren't the only way to tell someone how you feel.” Tifa Lockheart, Final Fantasy VII

dcj123
Veteran
Veteran

14 Mar 2016, 11:21 am

System Shock 2

Since I finished Bioshock and System Shock 2 kinda led to Bioshock a bit. Also they are making a System Shock 3 so I need to brush up on it.

Lazershow
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

14 Mar 2016, 4:46 pm

Right now im playing bioshock and Disgaea 1. Afterwards i plan to play Ratchet and Clank for the upcoming movie.

Misery
Veteran
Veteran

15 Mar 2016, 3:01 am

More Mario Maker today.

Finally, I have been able to do a not-at-all-linear level based on exploration, where the player must get 5 of the pink coins (apparently there can be up to 10 total) to get the key to enter the boss door. And then after that, finally, a boss fight that the player cant just run past, since Bowser holds a second key that opens up the exit door.

Forcing exploration or boss battles wasnt doable before unless you got really weird with some things, now it can be done much easier in ways that actually make sense.

Of course the challenging part is keeping it fun and interesting, but I know what I'm doing here.

Making a GOOD boss fight though... not so easy. Just dropping Bowser near his bridge isnt good enough, nope. Gotta get creative. There are Magikoopas involved to help him out. One is nailed to a track. This is entertaining.

Did discover though that I shouldnt give the Magikoopas wings in Bowser's castle. Normally it causes them to fire bizarre wing shots, that cause all transformed things to have wings (and thus, be more dangerous/hilarious) but it has the strange added property of giving them the ability to create Cheep-cheeps (the fish) which they normally cannot make. Those fish + the lava in the castle = unstoppable horrible thing. You dont expect it until you encounter some for the first time, that's for sure...

Earthbound
Veteran
Veteran

15 Mar 2016, 5:25 am

Stardew Valley, The Witcher 3 and Plants vs Zombies Garden Warfare are the games I play the most right now.

Stardew Valley- This is the best Harvest Moon/Rune Factory style game on PC (in my view at least). Very fun!

Witcher 3 is amazing- but one of my big issues with it.. rarely any penalty for stealing stuff! Makes me think they could've just thrown huge piles of loot in areas, rather than take the time to click each thing to get stuff. :lol:

Garden Warfare- This silly shooter is pretty fun! I don't play many shooters but this one has me hooked in. Plus I want the rewards for max level. If you get max level in original- in the sequel you get special things (wont spoil it here).