Page 212 of 276 [ 4406 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 209, 210, 211, 212, 213, 214, 215 ... 276  Next

Enigmatic_Oddity
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jul 2019, 7:47 am

I finished Touhou 13 - Ten Desires, by which I mean I cleared it in a single credit on normal difficulty... I've still yet to seriously try harder difficulties. That makes it the second game in the series I've managed to do that on, the first being Touhou 7 - Perfect Cherry Blossom. I want to finish playing others in the series on normal though before attempting hard modes. This is my final boss kill on my 1CC clear. It's not a particularly skilful kill to be honest, and I got through more from having pooled a lot of resources and keeping them until the endgame.

I've since started playing Touhou 14 - Double Dealing Character now. It's definitely on the harder side compared to the others I've played. Particularly with this game, memorisation of the stages seems to be important due to mechanics that reward risky gameplay, which means knowing when it's safe to take risks based on knowledge of what's about to spawn and where optimally to position yourself. I've finished the game on normal difficulty using continues, so now begins the process of trying to finish it without them

Andrejake
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jul 2019, 9:23 am

Final Fantasy XIV and Super Mario Maker 2.

Noca
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jul 2019, 6:48 pm

Horizon Chase Turbo, it is a Top Gear SNES copy/remake?

Enigmatic_Oddity
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jul 2019, 4:59 am

I finished Touhou 14 - Double Dealing Character, after many attempts against its final boss. In total it took me about 10 hours to get the 1CC clear. I liked it more than Ten Desires, it was a fair bit harder and the mechanics were both simple and yet more interesting, with an improved risk/reward dynamic. It took me about a hundred tries to be able to figure out how to do the Mallet 'You grow bigger' spellcard, and as evident from the below I still never really nailed the Bewitched Sword 'Shining Needle Sword' even after a hundred attempts, opting to just use bombs to get past it.

After that I've since gone back to older games, between playing the sixth and eighth entries in the series. I managed to 1CC the 8th game, Imperishable Night. But it was a pretty messy kill, and I pretty much flubbed all the final spell cards which don't count towards progress but are extras for bonus points.

[/quote]

martianprincess
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jul 2019, 11:31 pm

Kingdom Hearts 3... slowly, but surely.

I like wild orchids and neighbors with wide orbits

Murihiku
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jul 2019, 7:47 am

Civ 6: Gathering Storm

There's the rub, the task.

– Virgil, The Aeneid (Book VI)

yelekam
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jul 2019, 3:17 am

Europa Universalis IV

Enigmatic_Oddity
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jul 2019, 11:15 pm

I picked up Touhou Fantastic Danmaku Festival 2, a game that released a few months ago. It's an unofficial remake of Perfect Cherry Blossom. I'm blown away by how high the production is, and at its creativity. The bosses and stages have a lot of distinct visual flair, with classic characters reimagined with various themes - Alice Margatroid for example being given an Alice in Wonderland theme, and a new character that just wants to fall asleep, with dream sequences with sheep hopping across your screen. There's another character that's brought back with a Lovecraftian theme, summoning creepy eldritch abominations to kill you. The visuals are a step up from the last game, with some pretty backgrounds and more animated bosses and character portraits. The spellcards look fantastic; on the final boss I was killed when she sprouted a cherry blossom tree underneath me and I wasn't even mad because it looked awesome. And the music is across the board excellent.

I finished the main game on normal, but it'll probably be a while until I put the game down.

kdm1984
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

20 Jul 2019, 9:53 am

Super Mario Maker 2 (Switch) and Animal Crossing: New Leaf (3DS)

Bradleigh
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jul 2019, 2:56 am

I have been play The Sinking City, I love me some Lovecraft. What I don't like, is going into the basements, it is meant to be a bit of a spooky game, yet not the kind that relies on something like jumpscares, where the mood is some of the best. Unfortunately I am a bit of scaredy cat in games, and the building tension of going into any building of not knowing what is going to happen, and I have built the plan of going up floors first because the basement always feels inherently darker and where freaky stuff feels the worst. I would say that the game has made me respond a good amount of "what the heck is that", which is exactly what it is meant to give as part of the Cthulhu mythos. It does feel like it is missing a bit of polish, especially compared to the Call of Cthulhu game from last year, although I beat that one quicker.

I do think there are interesting differences, where CoC made you feel a bit more helpless yet more stuck along a path with really so few enemies and stealth sections that were a bit boggy. I can't remember if sanity played much of a gameplay in CoC, but I kind of like how it works in TSC where there are sounds that can give the player anxiety and creating hallucination like effects. Good for expressing to the player a sense of raising anxiety of what is real, and just needing to step away from whatever is affecting sanity.

Kuraudo7777
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jul 2019, 2:31 pm

Radiant Historia Perfect Chronology.

"A memory is something that has to be consciously recalled, right? But it's different from a memory locked deep within your heart. Words aren't the only way to tell someone how you feel...As long as I'm with you, as long as you're by my side, I won't give up even if I'm scared." Tifa Lockheart, Final Fantasy VII

Enigmatic_Oddity
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jul 2019, 7:03 am

I bought and played through Higurashi When They Cry Chapter 7 - Minagoroshi. Every time I play a chapter I think to myself this is the best chapter ever, and again I thought that after finishing this one. It's always worrying playing an episodic series like this because there's the chance that all the questions and mysteries the earlier chapters raise don't get addressed well in later episodes, but that hasn't been the case with this series. This chapter came back to a lot of the interesting themes raised in earlier episodes, like domestic violence and the role and power of people within communities to speak up. And it had such a tense and climactic third act that had me yelling at the characters on the screen. I can't wait for the final chapter, but given how long it's taken for this one to release it will probably be a while.

Noca
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jul 2019, 11:05 pm

Final Fantasy Tactics: The War of The Lions for android

I love this game, I played the original on PS1 and this version has new content that wasn't in the original. FF Tactics is my favourite Final Fantasy.

KoalaKid1578
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

03 Aug 2019, 4:59 pm

Final Fantasy XIV! This has been consuming all of my life that past couple of months.

Glflegolas
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

05 Aug 2019, 7:12 am

The Long Dark. Trying to get to the summit of Timberwolf Mountain. Wish me luck!

Myers-Briggs personality: The Commander
Asperger's Quiz: 79/111, both neurodiverse and neurotypical traits present. AQ score: 23 Raads-r score: here

Wolfram87
Veteran
Veteran

06 Aug 2019, 3:41 am

Rimworld with the Random storyteller. Getting attacked by man-eating Yorkshire Terriers and got support from space in the form of drop pods filled with freshly dead blowfish.