Page 224 of 276 [ 4406 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 221, 222, 223, 224, 225, 226, 227 ... 276  Next

roccoslife
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

08 Aug 2020, 9:11 am

Noca wrote:
Command and Conquer Red Alert remastered. Unit AI is so infuriating, especially trying to load troops onto a transport. Despite that the game is still fun. Still prefer C&C 1 as Red Alert too many missions are solved by just spamming massive hoards of one tank unit where as in C&C 1 units were more valuable and were difficult enough to require careful strategy and micromanagement in most every level.

Wish theyd remaster tiberium sun. Online multiplayer on that game was a huge part of my childhood, over dialup too :lol:

Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 107 of 200
You seem to have both Aspie and neurotypical traits

Butterfly88
Veteran
Veteran

11 Aug 2020, 6:30 pm

Brawlhalla

Stardust_Dragonfly
Veteran
Veteran

11 Aug 2020, 7:08 pm

Final fantasy 12

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

12 Aug 2020, 1:58 am

Stardust_Dragonfly wrote:
Final fantasy 12

I have often seen it advertised.
It seems to have excellent graphics, but how is the gameplay?
Is it more a game for females?

Skilpadde
Veteran
Veteran

12 Aug 2020, 2:09 am

Still ACNH, with the occasional Wordify and Subara City

love you and miss you, dear boy

Stop the wolf kills! https://www.thepetitionsite.com/takeact ... 3091429765

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

12 Aug 2020, 2:27 am

The Last of Us 2

Skilpadde
Veteran
Veteran

16 Aug 2020, 3:15 pm

Just downloaded Jumping Joe and friends
It's frantic but fun

love you and miss you, dear boy

Stop the wolf kills! https://www.thepetitionsite.com/takeact ... 3091429765

charkie
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

20 Aug 2020, 9:42 pm

Replayed Doom 2016. Great game. Started Doom Eternal. Everything they changed in this one seems to make the game worse... 2016 had tight encounters where you had to stay aware of your surroundings and use your tools, but otherwise you were free to do it however you wished. Eternal is messy. You get attacked from all directions and you have designated counters for most of the enemies, it feels overdesigned.

ALSO, the style is really ugly. 2016 was less advanced technically but it looked better. Don't get me started on the glowy pickups. Ugh. The whole aesthetic here is bad.

Bradleigh
Veteran
Veteran

21 Aug 2020, 2:34 pm

charkie wrote:
Replayed Doom 2016. Great game. Started Doom Eternal. Everything they changed in this one seems to make the game worse... 2016 had tight encounters where you had to stay aware of your surroundings and use your tools, but otherwise you were free to do it however you wished. Eternal is messy. You get attacked from all directions and you have designated counters for most of the enemies, it feels overdesigned.

ALSO, the style is really ugly. 2016 was less advanced technically but it looked better. Don't get me started on the glowy pickups. Ugh. The whole aesthetic here is bad.

This video goes into how the mechanics, especially those that changed from the previous game, and thus how it expects you to play it differently.

You can't play it the same as the 2016 game. The game purposefully makes things like max ammo of each weapon lower so that you have to constantly change to manage your resources effectively, and there is new traversal mechanics you have to constantly be moving around the different battlefields using them so that you don't get surrounded from being attacked on all sides. I think that it is a bit of an adjustment but not too bad when you get yourself to unlearn what felt comfortable in the previous one.

Stardust_Dragonfly
Veteran
Veteran

22 Aug 2020, 3:41 pm

Pepe wrote:
Stardust_Dragonfly wrote:
Final fantasy 12

I have often seen it advertised.
It seems to have excellent graphics, but how is the gameplay?
Is it more a game for females?

I'm not sure whether it's aimed more at females or males (I always think of shooting games as male-aimed but then I know females who love COD etc. :lol:). What I can say is if you like open-world games you'll probably like this! I feel the main story is quite short compared to the massive amounts of side quests you can do. I think it would also appeal to anyone who likes puzzles- a lot of the game is quite maze-like. The one thing I've heard complained about is the battle system because you can basically set it to automatic through use of gambits (I didn't think it made sense because if thats annoying just switch them off or set them for other things :lol:) but it's quite cool because you can use it in different ways (e.g setting up an auto healer, getting someone to steal items). The graphics are really lovely and the open-world really gives you a chance to appreciate them. :)

This is my favourite FF game but I tried to give a non-biased answer.

Wolfram87
Veteran
Veteran

22 Aug 2020, 5:48 pm

Grim Dawn + expansions. Very competent diablo-style hacky-slashy-freezy-burny goodness.

charkie
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

22 Aug 2020, 8:05 pm

Bradleigh wrote:
charkie wrote:

This video goes into how the mechanics, especially those that changed from the previous game, and thus how it expects you to play it differently.

You can't play it the same as the 2016 game. The game purposefully makes things like max ammo of each weapon lower so that you have to constantly change to manage your resources effectively, and there is new traversal mechanics you have to constantly be moving around the different battlefields using them so that you don't get surrounded from being attacked on all sides. I think that it is a bit of an adjustment but not too bad when you get yourself to unlearn what felt comfortable in the previous one.

I just finished it, I wouldn't say that I found it overly difficult on Ultra Violence difficulty (though I didn't do any optional challenges or encounters, I was already a little worn from just finishing the previous game) but there were a few irksome mechanics. Obviously a lot of people don't like Marauders and I'd tend to agree, they don't add any special level of pressure to encounters in terms of overwhelming you, you're generally forced to fight them as 1-on-1 as possible or alternatively exploit the environment to manage them while you do reduce numbers as you would any other high-risk pressure source... meanwhile actually fighting them is tedious and whether or not they go for another attack or instantly punish you with a projectile seems unpredictable regardless of range. Another big problem imo is the number of enemies that spawn is much higher and it makes enemies unmanageable, I think maybe the sound design is also not as good at communicating directionality, so while you can dodge attacks from unseen foes and plan enemy control in Doom 2016, here you basically just get attacked from all directions and simply react by escaping from the mass when you have to. There are too many superfluous mechanics too like blood punch + chainsaw + the uh sword thing you get? They're slightly different each obviously but I don't think any of them add any depth— blood punch could be removed completely and the sword could easily be an enhanced+separate chainsaw charge for strong enemies rather than its own weapon. Flamethrower adds nothing too. And ammo being limited is almost entirely compensated for by chainsawing weak enemies, so rather than adding much resource management you simply have to use the regenerating chainsaw charge on an infinitely respawning weak enemy. The platforming is a waste of time and the game doesn't always lead you to the progression path very clearly so you waste more time finding the exit or worse solving a "puzzle".

I'm being very critical here but I did enjoy the game overall, I just don't think it's as good as 2016. I did like the boost or dodge or whatever the game calls it, dodging and doing aerial maneuveurs is fun. Landing perfect shots with the shotgun's sticky grenades while zipping around is very satisfying, most of the weapons are good though I'll admit I stuck to my sticky grenades and micro missiles a lot... those micro missiles do insane damage on larger demons. I do miss the overpowered upgrade for the 2016 rocket launcher that lets you get double damage using remote detonation just before impact, because by comparison the rocket launcher here feels weak.

Oh and the game performs amazingly well. On a Vega 56 at 1440p I got around 100FPS on average. Some levels looked really nice (the Mars section in particular, city levels were good too). I could never fault the technical aspects of idtech games.

I got a 144Hz monitor lately so I'm sort of bingeing on FPS games. Not sure what I'll play next though!

Bradleigh
Veteran
Veteran

22 Aug 2020, 10:09 pm

charkie wrote:
There are too many superfluous mechanics too like blood punch + chainsaw + the uh sword thing you get? They're slightly different each obviously but I don't think any of them add any depth— blood punch could be removed completely and the sword could easily be an enhanced+separate chainsaw charge for strong enemies rather than its own weapon. Flamethrower adds nothing too. And ammo being limited is almost entirely compensated for by chainsawing weak enemies, so rather than adding much resource management you simply have to use the regenerating chainsaw charge on an infinitely respawning weak enemy.

Blood Punch does not require ammo pick-ups, instead recharging after a couple glory kills, to do more blood punches you would have to be a bit more careful not to kill enemies straight out while in a chaotic fight, and is very effective specifically with Cyber-Mancubus and Arch-Vile. And the crucible has rare drops but is much quicker than chainsaw and really help when something like a Tyrant shows up in the middle of a fight.

I never noticed that the chainsaw regenerated, I don't think that I ever used it frivolously enough to notice. If I known I probably would have used the chaingun more often, which is useful against Hell Knights and Dread Knights, but ate up ammo that would be useful for headshots.

And I did forget about the flamethrower a lot, I think that I was mostly reminded by some challenges, but had some uses in longer drawn out fights, and allowed riskier play, maybe as someone not super perfect at shooters.

charkie wrote:
The platforming is a waste of time and the game doesn't always lead you to the progression path very clearly so you waste more time finding the exit or worse solving a "puzzle".

I think that depends on how much one might be interested in the hidden secrets. I 100% it all, got every secret, completed every challenge and upgraded every weapon, which made me pretty intimately familiar with the platforming

Bradleigh
Veteran
Veteran

22 Aug 2020, 10:18 pm

As for what I have been playing, it is Ghost of Tsushima. The game kind of tricked me earlier by making me think that I was being shameful as a samurai, since I was using all the stealth techniques rather than fighting head on, so I at least when certain characters were around I tried to be a more honorable samurai by learning to do the challenge thing, only to find out that it literally affects nothing. The game story assumes you do all the techniques like stabbing in the back anyway.

I have had to unlearn a bit of how I played Sekiro, since you could parry easier in that game through mashing the guard button a certain way, while Ghost of Tsushima requires you to really pay attention to enemy movements. The ability to change armor and charms on the fly can make some of the game easier since you can just change when relevant like Erza from Fairy Tail. Also been conflicted how for the best experience when I should do what, like do stuff side stuff early on or wait to get fun tools that I would get later.

AnthonySanderson
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

25 Aug 2020, 9:49 am

Apex Legends and Valorant.

honeytoast
Veteran
Veteran

26 Aug 2020, 1:48 am

Stardew Valley! I’ve been getting back into it again since I can’t afford the new Harvest Moon/Story of Seasons game yet.

~~~~

believe in the broken clock and who's side will time be on?