Page 248 of 276 [ 4406 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 245, 246, 247, 248, 249, 250, 251 ... 276  Next

DeepHour
Veteran
Veteran

10 Sep 2022, 9:04 pm

Jenesis

Quite an old Doom II megawad by the very interesting and talented mapper Jimmy Paddock. I've completed the first 11 levels, and it's great stuff so far.

As is usually the case, it's obvious that this YouTuber knows the map inside out, including the secrets, but you can see all the same that it's a decent challenge.

SabbraCadabra
Veteran
Veteran

12 Sep 2022, 2:15 pm

Pocket Card Jockey.
I "beat" the game a while ago, but I still play it once in a while in the hopes of winning whatever that "all-star" race is called.

I've been invited to it a few times, but it is difficult >_<
I'm pretty sure this game artificially inflates the difficulty by stacking the deck against you, and it's just annoying...it's not fun at all.

But I just finished raising a horse who is ridiculously good (one of the blue ones). Really good stats, made it to level 10, and 7/11 wins (a couple of those were lost intentionally). So I guess we'll see.

I need to find a real game to get comfortable with, now that I've got a little more free time. Maybe an RPG. Maybe even something I've never played before! ;) We'll see.

MergLocksprocket
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

13 Sep 2022, 11:33 am

WoW is like my connection to the outside world

Factorio... The factory must grow. All consuming. Ever expanding.

Project Zomboid because bashing in zombie skulls is pretty fun

Yugioh Master Duel because slapping people with skull servants never gets old

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

14 Sep 2022, 1:55 am

I just spent several days replacing all of the sounds for the TC2000 mod, making small physics changes (altered the suspension geometry) and reskinning the cars (70% done). I've now got a race car that can do anything from stage rally, rallycross, street circuits, permanent road courses, dirt ovals, paved short ovals, intermediate speedways and superspeedways. Take that Gen 7 cars, I'd like to see you guys take on a rallycross circuit.

I also resolved the porpoising issues entirely. Apparently adding bump stops was the solution. If your springs are so compressed that the car is bottoming out, adding a few cm of rubber bump stops will keep the car from continuing to bottom out at high speed.

Other suspension changes helped improve how the car holds up to jumps and curbs. They won't handle a trophy truck track (trust me, I tried) but they will survive a few dozen laps around a rallycross circuit without breaking.

All 6 brands have distinct engine sounds too, along with all the right 80s era Group B and IMSA turbo noises. I love the different noises old race cars made and really wanted to incorporate that. Also, when a swarm of them start letting off the gas and downshifting for a corner it sounds like a gunfight from all the backfires.

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

Noca
Veteran
Veteran

14 Sep 2022, 3:34 pm

Secret of Evermore(SNES)

Murihiku
Veteran
Veteran

16 Sep 2022, 10:23 am

NGL, this new season of Fall Guys is actually pretty nice.

There's the rub, the task.

– Virgil, The Aeneid (Book VI)

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

16 Sep 2022, 1:14 pm

I've been tinkering with rFactor all week so hopefully I can make some time to actually play tonight. :nerdy:

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

SabbraCadabra
Veteran
Veteran

17 Sep 2022, 8:29 pm

I was playing DOOM 64 a bit last night =)
On a real N64!
...and I didn't get motion sick! =D

arekks
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

18 Sep 2022, 1:34 am

I read Muv-Luv (Extra and Unlimited)

I'm a little mad at anyone who recommended these.

I have yet to read through Alternate, but Extra and Unlimited are a complete waste of time together. I actually didn't hate Extra that much— it's a trite romantic high-school comedy plot but it at least has good presentation and a few funny moments— but Unlimited is a spit in the face.

There are a bunch of red flags and suggestions that there is something weird going on, but none of that is ever even brought up; instead, you have to deal with an even longer story that is just as trite as Extra but less humorous, and which tricks you into thinking it's some sort of mecha action story but in fact... is Extra with a different coat of paint.

Alternative had better be good. I don't hold out much hope though.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

18 Sep 2022, 2:07 pm

I redesigned my suspension layout/geometry substantially.

This altered my roll centres so I need to tweak my setups a bit, but the car handles curbs and bumps a lot better. I didn't directly copy an existing suspension but I drew influence from the one the car previously had, as well as one from a rallycross mod.

戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

r00tb33r
Veteran
Veteran

20 Sep 2022, 3:18 pm

Killer Sudoku

Aspiegaming
Veteran
Veteran

29 Sep 2022, 11:48 pm

Mega Man Zero ZX Collection. Trying out the Casual setting that's supposed to make especially the Zero series a lot less brutal.

If my darkness or eccentricness offends you, I don't really care.

I will not apologize for being me.

SabbraCadabra
Veteran
Veteran

30 Sep 2022, 7:26 am

Dragon Quest V =)

DuckHairback
Veteran
Veteran

03 Oct 2022, 1:48 am

I'm playing Fe - it's a 3d platformer I guess - and I love it. No story to speak of, no hand holding. It just dumps you in the game and you figure out what you're doing, sort of. And it looks lovely too.

DeepHour
Veteran
Veteran

03 Oct 2022, 10:49 am

The original Doom II with the Maps of Chaos and Brutal Doom Black Edition v3.36 mods. Very tough in places, even though I'm only playing on the third of eleven difficulty settings.

HeroOfHyrule
Veteran
Veteran

03 Oct 2022, 10:57 pm

Skyward Sword HD