Page 226 of 276 [ 4407 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 223, 224, 225, 226, 227, 228, 229 ... 276  Next

honeytoast
Veteran
Veteran

24 Sep 2020, 10:21 am

Undertale!!

~~~~

believe in the broken clock and who's side will time be on?

charkie
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

24 Sep 2020, 10:52 pm

honeytoast wrote:
Undertale!!

Undertale is a game that I've resisted playing for a long time because it's too popular but at some point I'm going to have to play it, aren't I?

I've been playing Stalker: Call of Pripyat. It has strengths and weaknesses over the first game, it feels more consistent but less interesting in practice. The game would be improved massively if there were hostile human enemies but even bandits don't hassle you, they're just another faction. Ultimately it feels too safe, so it's a little boring; Shadow of Chernobyl was all rough edges but it was engaging because you had to think about what you were doing. That said, the open level design and open-ended objectives were a good idea and would have worked if there was any kind of friction involved in exploration. The atmosphere also feels heavier since the areas feel less like levels and more like... areas.

I've been playing Hatsune Miku: Project DIVA Future Tone consistently for the last couple of months. Big recommendation for anyone who wants a cute anime rhythm game with like over a hundred songs.

I was playing Ys Seven but I think I've quit it. It's completely uninteresting. Big fan of Oath in Felghana, Origins, Ark of Napishtim and Lacrimosa of Dana but this is dull. I guess it was the beginning of a pivot in gameplay that they pretty well perfected by Ys 8, but here it's just a waste of time.

MjrMajorMajor
Veteran
Veteran

25 Sep 2020, 3:01 am

Fire Emblem Three Houses

Noca
Veteran
Veteran

25 Sep 2020, 12:41 pm

FFIX with Morguri mod which puts Square Enix's remasters to shame.

PiersBall
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

02 Oct 2020, 7:54 am

I just play stupid phone games(

seaweed
Veteran
Veteran

03 Oct 2020, 3:37 am

just built my first pc and i'm mostly playing the witcher 3 rn. i may be behind the times but i've had a kind of convoluted history with gaming and i'm finally having fun :D

Enigmatic_Oddity
Veteran
Veteran

05 Oct 2020, 6:07 am

I've been playing Genshin Impact. It has awesome production quality for a free to play game, with a well crafted open world and interesting combat. It's very clearly derivative of a lot of different games, with a world that feels like Zelda Breath of the Wild, melee combat reminiscent of Nier: Automata, and a story and cast of characters that feels ripped from a Tales game. But what it lacks in originality it makes up for in its execution. I'm also enjoying its fairly unique setting; despite emulating Japanese animation in its visual style it's more Chinese in its setting, themes and mythology.

Besides that I've been playing a fair bit of The Walking Dead: Saints & Sinners. It's a really polished game with some brilliant melee combat. I'm not familiar with the source material, but I like that like the Telltale games I've played it has moments in its questing where you're presented with moral dilemmas and choices, and the game just rolls with however you play. You're never sure if you made the right choice. I'd say so far its campaign isn't quite as good so far as Half Life Alyx's, but I wouldn't hesitate to call it the second best VR title to release this year.

GGPViper
Veteran
Veteran

05 Oct 2020, 6:24 am

Vaporum: Lockdown.

Is good. Is Legend of Steamrock Grimpunk.

Babear
Butterfly
Butterfly

06 Oct 2020, 10:38 am

I am playing pokemon sword, super smash bros and lets go eevee

Noca
Veteran
Veteran

11 Oct 2020, 5:05 pm

Dune 2000 with an HD mod and a user-created single-player campaign called War of Assassins: Sandstorm. I really wish I could produce more than one unit at a time... :x It is so tedious.

kaiouti12
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

12 Oct 2020, 8:59 pm

Trying my best at Fallout 4 with all DLC. I've completed Fo3 (w/ dlc) years ago, now I want to do the same for Fo4.

I've skipped New Vegas because it keeps crashing infinity loading etc on me. So I guess I miss out until I try some fixes after Fo4. Thats if I can be bothered going backwards graphically and technically.

TurnpikeAl
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

25 Oct 2020, 9:22 am

I've been playing "Epic Pinball," which is probably my favorite pinball video game ever, and you can get the full version now for only six bucks (https://www.gog.com/game/epic_pinball_t ... collection). I also got an NES Classic recently (overpriced, but not as bad as the SNES Classic), because I missed Mario and Kirby games, and you can't get the good ones for the PC, so I've been playing a bunch of those recently, too.

Disclaimer: Views I express are my own and don't reflect any employer or associated entity.

Enigmatic_Oddity
Veteran
Veteran

26 Oct 2020, 5:30 am

I recently started playing and then could not put down Outer Wilds until I'd completed it. It's really rare for me to do that for a game that's not short these days, but so much about it was completely novel to me. I'm really glad I played it.

It's a first person adventure game that has you explore the galaxy, and so much in its setting is simulated that it blew my mind. Early on you're shown how the gravity of the nearby moon constantly exerts a force on everything on the planet you're on, and that demonstration isn't just for show. There's plenty of interactions where puzzles and platforming must take into account the gravity of nearby bodies. For example, there's a planet that's constantly losing mass over time in the game, and as it does its gravity becomes progressively weaker, so much so that it becomes possible to go into orbit around the planet jumping from its surface. What's even more boggling is that all of these interactions happen whilst you're playing across the in game galaxy, regardless of where you are situated within it.

The structure of the game is unique as well, giving you absolutely little concrete incentive to do anything. A huge amount of the content in the game is assembling in your head the mysteries of the game setting, and so much of what you'll do will be purely done to satisfy your curiosity. There's no additional abilities or equipment you'll gain through the course of the game, and though there's tons of clever puzzles in the game, none are of the obtuse variety that the genre is typically known for. It's really refreshing to have a game that doesn't feel it necessary to constantly lead the player with a carrot or stick, that isn't some aimless sandbox game. The free form structure fits into the game's themes, questioning the purpose of humankind with existentialist musings.

It's probably one of the best games I've played in the last decade. But nobody I know seems to have heard of it or is interested in it. I highly recommend it.

Besides Outer Wilds, I've returned to splitting time between Osu! and Touhou Perfect Cherry Blossom. I've played Osu! for six years intermittently but I decided to try and get better at it, buying myself a tablet for it. I've got to the point where I can consistently clear any 3 star map, and with some effort can clear some 4 star ones. As for Touhou Perfect Cherry Blossom, I finally managed to clear its Phantasm stage, which features the true last boss. I'm not sure how many attempts it took to clear the stage but I'm guessing it probably took around 50+ attempts.

DeepHour
Veteran
Veteran

27 Oct 2020, 6:17 pm

Quake, Mission Pack 1: Scourge of Armagon

An expansion pack for the original 'Quake', from around 1997. I first played Quake in DOSBox two or three years ago, and it was tough going with the antiquated platform making the gameplay extra difficult (sluggish controls and framerate). I've just discovered the Quakespasm sourceport though, and it makes playing this a far more straightforward business. Switching weapons is still awkward though: 'mousewheelup ' works okay, but 'mousewheeldown' seems buggy.

Udinaas
Veteran
Veteran

27 Oct 2020, 6:48 pm

Oblivion

uncommondenominator
Veteran
Veteran

27 Oct 2020, 7:09 pm

TurnpikeAl wrote:
I've been playing "Epic Pinball," which is probably my favorite pinball video game ever, and you can get the full version now for only six bucks (https://www.gog.com/game/epic_pinball_t ... collection). I also got an NES Classic recently (overpriced, but not as bad as the SNES Classic), because I missed Mario and Kirby games, and you can't get the good ones for the PC, so I've been playing a bunch of those recently, too.

Epic Games made some of the funnest cheap PC titles - Epic Pinball and One Must Fall were some of the most entertaining. I still have backup copies of the games I bought 25 years ago on floppy disk. Interestingly, Epic Games is still around today, just under a different name.

Also, you can get almost ANY console game for PC if you have the right emulators :D
I use my PC to play NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube, Gameboy, Gameboy color, Gameboy advanced, Sega, Sega Genesis, X32, Sega CD, Sega Saturn, Sega Dreamcast, Sega Gamegear, PS1, PS2, PS3, and Atari 2600.