Page 230 of 275 [ 4399 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 227, 228, 229, 230, 231, 232, 233 ... 275  Next

Fixxer
Veteran
Veteran

13 Mar 2021, 11:21 am

Paper Mario. I was a big fan of Super Mario RPG : Legend of the Seven Stars. In fact, I didn't think I'd get into Paper Mario, because there is only Mario and an additional helper in blattles, as opposed to 3 characters etc. Finally, Paper Mario a good game!

MidnightRose
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

26 Mar 2021, 8:49 pm

I have 13 hours on Red Dead 2 according to Steam (high honor play-through if anyone cares). Still in chapter 2, just did the mission where Arthur and Lenny get drunk in Valentine, which was good fun. Finally got my Tennessee Walker (I named him Baldwin) back after that mission where they make you buy a new horse. My favorite moment so far was probably that first bounty mission. After hogtying the guy I took his horse back up the trail until I could whistle for my horse and, just kind of guessing that it would work, used my lasso to lead both horses back into town.

We just had a nice trail ride in the night ambience. I'm taking everything real slow, talking to people in camp, doing side missions, walking around and taking in the sights. The game is like ASMR for me, super relaxing.

MidnightRose
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

28 Mar 2021, 5:46 pm

Alright cool, so I tried to rescue some dudes from lawmen and got into a big shootout and my horse died. RIP Baldwin. Plus I forgot to put my bandana on and have a $100 bounty in the St. Denis area. I've still got my thoroughbred Emily though, who is an objectively better horse. But I got attached to my first horse. :(

Bradleigh
Veteran
Veteran

28 Mar 2021, 6:39 pm

I have been re-playing Bloodborne for a while, had been wanting to try a bloodtinge character build, something that was only semi effective until I got the blood katana, but then gives a high risk in health drain but high reward in relatively fast and high damage. I had one non-final boss in the main game and were into the DLC, and the first boss is a bit of a doozy, so I thought to have a break.

Decided to pick up the Final Fantasy VII Remake, since it was free on the Playstation Network, never played the original or got that into FF games. The combat was pretty involved, I think the first boss was showing that I was being ineffective and should use proper strategy since I almost used up all the healing items and even fell at one point, which I do like a game that actually forces me to use items. I think it has kept in engaged, and I have at least gotten past the point in being able to rest.

MidnightRose wrote:
I have 13 hours on Red Dead 2 according to Steam (high honor play-through if anyone cares). Still in chapter 2, just did the mission where Arthur and Lenny get drunk in Valentine, which was good fun. Finally got my Tennessee Walker (I named him Baldwin) back after that mission where they make you buy a new horse. My favorite moment so far was probably that first bounty mission. After hogtying the guy I took his horse back up the trail until I could whistle for my horse and, just kind of guessing that it would work, used my lasso to lead both horses back into town.

We just had a nice trail ride in the night ambience. I'm taking everything real slow, talking to people in camp, doing side missions, walking around and taking in the sights. The game is like ASMR for me, super relaxing.

RDR2 is a good game. With that mission where you had to save your gang members from the jail, there was pretty much no way not to get a bounty, the best answer would be to actually spend all your money on gear like weapons and stuff, and then turn yourself in to get rid of the bounty while not really costing money. I liked to dress my Arthur Morgan up as dapper, with a top hat.

I also recommend when able to aim for the full satchel upgrades, it will give you a lot more carry space, especially helpful with carrying more food. You are going to want to eat often to keep him at a healthy weight, which might take a little while to figure out, and not having to worry too much by having a lot of food on you means that you might not need to worry about doing hunting and cooking when you don't want to, since you can cook a whole lot at once.

MidnightRose
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

30 Mar 2021, 6:40 pm

Bradleigh wrote:
RDR2 is a good game. With that mission where you had to save your gang members from the jail, there was pretty much no way not to get a bounty, the best answer would be to actually spend all your money on gear like weapons and stuff, and then turn yourself in to get rid of the bounty while not really costing money. I liked to dress my Arthur Morgan up as dapper, with a top hat.

Oh no, it wasn't a story mission, it was just one of the strangers you encounter in the open world. You know, sometimes you see lawmen going along the trail on a wagon with prisoners in the back? You can choose to intervene or not. I chose to because I thought maybe the people were innocent. My actual plan was to just hogtie the two drivers so I could free the prisoners without killing the lawmen, but I didn't think so many more cops would show up once I attacked the drivers. It's the Wild West and we were the only men on the trail. How did they even call for backup? Radio? Emergency transponder?

I'm still mad they killed my horse lol. But the game is still pretty fun, haven't played it in a couple days because I've been busy with work but I have the day off tomorrow. Going to Saint Denis for the first time was breathtaking though, I'm looking forward to going back once I clear my bounty. Such a gorgeous game.

Yakuzamonroe
Toucan
Toucan

02 Apr 2021, 4:28 pm

Wizard Legends. Highish-paced action rogue-like with an incredible soundtrack.

barber
Veteran
Veteran

05 Apr 2021, 11:39 am

I'm playing Dark Souls remastered.

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

06 Apr 2021, 1:39 pm

The Sims 2. I play this because I have all the expansion packs and I know all the cheats and I prefer the layout than the Sims 3 and 4 (well I haven't tried Sims 4 but I've tried Sims 3 and I didn't think much to it to be honest).

But sometimes I get bored on the Sims 2. I keep changing families because I can't settle on which family to play. The kids get on my nerves because they keep dancing together with teens and adults which is really annoying. And I like having toddlers but if there's teens in the house they seem to see to the toddler more than the parents do. You're a teenager for Christ sake, you should be doing your homework or going out with your friends, not changing your baby brother or sister's diapers! Let the parents do that!

I know I can turn free will off but then that's not good either. The Sims just stand around and it's kind of freaky. I just wish their automated actions involved more useful things instead of parents dancing with their children all the time. Or the Sim with the best cooking skills goes out and plays catch when the children are starving and need their dinner.

SabbraCadabra
Veteran
Veteran

07 Apr 2021, 10:52 pm

Still trying to (re)beat all of the Zelda titles before BotW2 comes out.
Working on Skyward Sword ATM, but more recently I'm almost finished with the original game (the FDS version), because it just had its birthday. I suddenly realize that it's been a really long time since I completed the B quest.

...I got completely stuck trying to find dungeon 3 and gave up and checked a map online ¬_¬ Turns out I had forgotten about illusion walls and completely overlooked the recorder. Oops.

Bradleigh
Veteran
Veteran

15 Apr 2021, 11:54 am

Whew, I finished Final Fantasy 7 Remake, which was a lot. I mean, some places said it was about 40 hours, but I was almost twice that. But I actually managed to beat a game, a JRPG at that, which I feel like that is something I actually rarely manage. Well, there are a few trophies I could go after. I rather enjoyed the game, I liked how it acted in ways like a mix between real time action with some stuff similar to turn based, I got kind of addicted to it. Especially the ones that it so I actually had to strategize by swapping and balancing techniques, although final battle really did not seem that difficult when I just kept using regen, haste and Life Saver.

Kind of wonder if I should go back and try XV, which I stopped fairly early.

threetoed snail
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

15 Apr 2021, 3:42 pm

Played Yoku's Island Express a couple of weeks ago. It's a "pinball platformer". It's short, but really good!

Playing Firewatch right now. Seems very mysterious so far, no idea where it's going. My brain has been feeling somewhat limited lately, so the very slow pacing is welcome. It's also pretty cool to imagine living in a watchtower in the middle of a forest (without having to deal with the real-life risks and inconveniences associated with it...).

SabbraCadabra
Veteran
Veteran

16 Apr 2021, 12:21 am

Bradleigh wrote:
Whew, I finished Final Fantasy 7 Remake, which was a lot. I mean, some places said it was about 40 hours, but I was almost twice that. But I actually managed to beat a game, a JRPG at that, which I feel like that is something I actually rarely manage.

Just gotta prepare yourself for Part 2, now B)

Bradleigh
Veteran
Veteran

16 Apr 2021, 1:27 am

SabbraCadabra wrote:
Just gotta prepare yourself for Part 2, now B)

I had my suspicions that they made the first part free for last month as to encourage people to play it and more likely to pick up the next one, and I am rather appreciative of that. I probably would not have played it otherwise, I have had my hand in a few Final Fantasy games before, I think there was a random PS2 game that I really did not get that interest (FFX2 maybe), I got FFXIII but I kind of quickly got bored of the characters and what people described as just a series of going down hallways. As I said I have played some of Final Fantasy XV, which I thought was charming, the boys fun, it just at the time felt a bit much, hard to wrap my head around things.

I thought that I had mostly just want to play RPG where the character was my making, which was why I thought the Final Fantasy VII Remake would not be for me, especially since I had minimal knowledge of the original, I beat Sephiroth in Kingdom Hearts. But I was honestly surprised at how investing the the Remake was, how the story was easy to understand, and the gameplay eased me into it from being more familiar of something like Kingdom Hearts, and how you can use multiple party members. Cloud was all rounder, although having high magic for a good part of the game kind of made him quite useful. With Tifa I could quickly gain action points for items and was my healer for a while but, but when I switched Cloud to healing she took over high damage. I did not really get Barret for a while other than hitting from a distance but giving him a huge amount of HP and able to take some of the damage of the others made him a beast of a tank. And Aerith's high magic attack carrying over to healing could make her an amazing healer when she was in the party, but was so slow and took me a while to realise that hasting her could be more useful, and a late ability to recover ally action points helped.

Makes me feel a little down that I can't think of many games that might give the same feeling of using a party in such a way that you switch between them to focus on what they bring. I am certainly looking forward to when part 2 might come out.

Udinaas
Veteran
Veteran

18 Apr 2021, 7:41 pm

Back to Skyrim. Trying to see how far I can get with only the inventory of the last person/creature I kill, plus whatever I can loot in between.

MidnightRose
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

21 Apr 2021, 2:30 am

Udinaas wrote:
Back to Skyrim. Trying to see how far I can get with only the inventory of the last person/creature I kill, plus whatever I can loot in between.

I always try to really RP my character in a TES game. I would keep my equipment and loot in a chest instead of wearing everything on my person. I got drunk with that one guy in the tavern and woke up in Markarth. All my equipment was in Whiterun. Then I started the Markarth conspiracy questline, got run out of town after trying and failing to fight Nepos (I was playing on the hardest difficulty). Ran out of town on my horse, then a dragon attacked. I had us jump into a river for cover (the river had formed a small canyon around it), and having never been in that area before, didn't know there was a waterfall there. My horse died in the fall, but I survived and fled into a cave to escape the dragon. Then I was sneaking around in this falmer cave with a simple sword and no armor. I refused to use fast travel (except for the carts) and went on a epic voyage all the way back to Whiterun with other adventures on the way.

My favorite moments in an RPG are usually the parts early on where you are scrounging for an edge over the rest of the game world. Once you have a bunch of gear and can power through things it gets more and more boring.

Udinaas
Veteran
Veteran

24 Apr 2021, 5:28 pm

MidnightRose wrote:
Udinaas wrote:

I always try to really RP my character in a TES game. I would keep my equipment and loot in a chest instead of wearing everything on my person. I got drunk with that one guy in the tavern and woke up in Markarth. All my equipment was in Whiterun. Then I started the Markarth conspiracy questline, got run out of town after trying and failing to fight Nepos (I was playing on the hardest difficulty). Ran out of town on my horse, then a dragon attacked. I had us jump into a river for cover (the river had formed a small canyon around it), and having never been in that area before, didn't know there was a waterfall there. My horse died in the fall, but I survived and fled into a cave to escape the dragon. Then I was sneaking around in this falmer cave with a simple sword and no armor. I refused to use fast travel (except for the carts) and went on a epic voyage all the way back to Whiterun with other adventures on the way.

My favorite moments in an RPG are usually the parts early on where you are scrounging for an edge over the rest of the game world. Once you have a bunch of gear and can power through things it gets more and more boring.

For most of my characters I RP alignment and factions so I can try different classes and races and have different experiences each time. I've never tried to RP on the level that you do.