Page 211 of 276 [ 4407 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 208, 209, 210, 211, 212, 213, 214 ... 276  Next

Lace-Bane
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jun 2019, 5:50 pm

“borderlands 2” recently got a new expansion that’s free for now... will probably try that soon.

otherwise, have mostly been playing “yakuza 6: the song of life” while waiting for “judgment” to release later this month.

SuperEuroNEET
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

11 Jun 2019, 6:19 pm

Lace-Bane wrote:
“borderlands 2” recently got a new expansion that’s free for now... will probably try that soon.

otherwise, have mostly been playing “yakuza 6: the song of life” while waiting for “judgment” to release later this month.

That reminds me. I played through a lot of Yakuza Kiwami 2 when it released on PC not long ago. I liked it, but not as much as Zero. I'm waiting for the PC port to be fixed before I play more, because it's sort of broken in terms of performance. Haven't played Yakuza 6 because I'm waiting for these games to release on PC, but I hope that happens sharpish along with the 3-5 remakes they're promising. Judgment, too.

Kuraudo7777
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jun 2019, 3:49 pm

Fossil Fighters.

"A memory is something that has to be consciously recalled, right? But it's different from a memory locked deep within your heart. Words aren't the only way to tell someone how you feel...As long as I'm with you, as long as you're by my side, I won't give up even if I'm scared." Tifa Lockheart, Final Fantasy VII

Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

15 Jun 2019, 7:57 pm

I've taken a break from videogames, but I watched gameplay of Drakenguard 3. Weirded me out. I thought this clip was something an amateur 3d modeler made, an uncolored work in progress, but no it was the final boss battle. 8O
The character designs and artwork was all I knew about it before, which I'm a huge fan of. But the actual gameplay and the dialog was a huge wtf. Kinda liked it though, memorable.

Bradleigh
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jun 2019, 1:53 am

I have been playing Cadence of Hyrule. I am a big Legend of Zelda fan, but I was a bit worried because I don't think I have that good rhythm, so I thought I might have trouble or not enjoy it so much. But I actually really enjoy it and having a lot of fun. The rhythm thing is pretty easy to get a hang of, and really can mostly have it play out like some other action RPGs, that can give you a more deliberate time to plan next move, although some things do alter the rhythm. Been specifically playing as Zelda, rare to get a chance to play as her in games. Actually kind of like the whole rhythm thing, so decided to get the original Crypt of the Necrodancer, which happened to only be $6.

Enigmatic_Oddity
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jun 2019, 7:30 am

Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night. Only played a couple of hours but so far it's been bloody good. I love the diverse weaponry; within the first half hour you have about eight weapon classes at your disposal, from slow but powerful two handed swords to fast martial arts, or ranged weaponry. There's Symphony of the Night style quarter circle D-pad circle special moves. And that's just the primary weapons; you also have at any given time two other active magic abilities that recall Aria of Sorrow's magic system where enemies all have spells you can learn from killing them. The music is immediately appealing and had me turning up my audio as soon as I heard it. And so far the level design has been good, with lots of paths opening up shortcuts to earlier sections, and classic motifs like the shortcut back to a save point right before encountering a suspiciously open and expansive area.

Sometimes things get lost visually in ways that would be less likely to happen were the game sprite based, such as the occasional projectile. On the large boss fights who occupy a large part of the screen, it can be difficult to ascertain which parts of the boss count as 'foreground' and thus within a hitbox. There's the occasional background object that you can mistake for a platforming element, and sometimes the edge of platforms isn't where you'd expect it to be from appearances. The game has the inherent issues of being a 2.5D game, and it's the only gripe I have with the game so far.

madbutnotmad
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jun 2019, 8:37 pm

I continue to play Hitman 2, which i really like. And see how big the game is in terms of how many levels
and opportunity for OCD people to perfect their gameplay

In such cases you could potentially squeeze years of gameplay out of this game.
awesome.. if it wasn't so personal. (don't ask about that comment, can't really explain)...

DeepHour
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jun 2019, 6:14 pm

Playing the original Call Of Duty. I've owned the disc for a few years, but it wouldn't run on any laptop I had. Just tried it on a T60 Thinkpad with x1400 ATI Radeon graphics chip, and it actually loaded!

:D

rogueone
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

23 Jun 2019, 8:50 pm

RAID: World War II

It's my all time favourite video game. I love it a great deal.

Basically it's like that Tarantino movie "Inglorious Basterds", you play as one of four crazy soldiers doing anything possible to win WWII

abbynied
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

24 Jun 2019, 9:26 pm

I play a lot of video games and I bounce from one to the other but today I spent a good chunk of time on Rollercoaster Tycoon Classic. It's on Steam and it's a reboot of RCT 1 and 2 from the early 2000s. This is one of my favorite games ever and I have gotten pretty good at it. I have never stopped playing it since it came out. I am half way through the scenarios and there are a lot of them. I can make a very successful park but also I have done some pretty evil stuff. It's still fun after all these years but I feel like I have pushed the game in every direction and there is nothing else to learn.

Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

27 Jun 2019, 12:33 am

Spyro Reignited

It's all three original games (which are said to be the best.) made to look better. I feel like it's true to the original, can even have the original soundtrack on. Super pretty and nostalgic.
I'm almost finished with the second game, Ripto's Rage.

barber
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jun 2019, 3:32 pm

Path Of Exile (on ps4)
running some maps and other endgame bits in league.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jun 2019, 3:37 pm

Almajo88 wrote:
What Are You Playing Right Now?
I just rolled up a half-dozen player characters for a Metamorphosis Alpha game.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

Enigmatic_Oddity
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jul 2019, 5:37 am

I finished Bloodstained and loved it despite its flaws. There's been a ton of clones of the formula over the years but it nailed the Castlevania gameplay like others haven't. There's been some furor about technical issues in the game but thankfully in 50 hours I didn't run into any. I'm looking forward to playing it again when the second playable character gets released. Should be a very fresh feel to the game as they usually change up the gameplay systems for the second character, like removing the levelling or shard system or a set weapons loadout.

Since finishing I picked up Touhou 13 - Ten Desires. I've been playing the earlier games for the last few months and this popped up on Steam, so I bought it since it's one of those series that's so old it's pretty much impossible to source without sourcing a pirated CD-ROM (I know, what's that?). I have seven hours on it so far and I finally have got to a point where I can consistently get to the final boss on the normal difficulty. But it just wrecks me very quickly. I like the game a lot, it looks and feels better than the older ones I've played, with some quality of life improvements, and the mechanics are simple. It's easier than the others I've played, but I don't know if that's because it's actually easy or I'm just used to the gameplay of the series now. It also has some pretty awesome music tracks.

TwilightPrincess
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jul 2019, 10:46 am

Mario Maker 2

It’s good, family fun!

Laeril
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

04 Jul 2019, 7:53 pm

Lord of the Rings Online.