Page 213 of 276 [ 4407 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 210, 211, 212, 213, 214, 215, 216 ... 276  Next

KoalaKid1578
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

21 Aug 2019, 3:30 pm

Ah, very happy too see Hollow Knight get some love. One of my favorite games I've played in a long time. As of right now I've been playing No Man's Sky newest update in VR which has been fantastic. I hadn't played since a little after launch and was curious too see the QoL improvements they've made, and they've come quite a far way. The core gameplay is still pretty much the same, but I never had too much of an issue with that.

blackicmenace
Veteran
Veteran

22 Aug 2019, 7:21 pm

Well, I know what I will be playing when it is released.

Enigmatic_Oddity
Veteran
Veteran

26 Aug 2019, 9:52 pm

I played and finished Salt and Sanctuary. It was OK, I just didn't see the point of it. It was basically a 2D version of Dark Souls, with so many elements lifted from that game that it seemed to have no identity of its own. Like watching a Hollywood remake of a successful foreign film, it felt superfluous and as I played it I kept thinking I could be playing the superior version of it instead.

I also played Momoora 3 in anticipation of the upcoming release of Minoria, made by the developer of the Momodora series, which I loved the most recent iteration of. The game was fun and charming, and a good challenge. It's really obviously influenced by Cave Story, but unlike Salt and Sanctuary's aping of Dark Souls Momodora 3 felt it had new things to offer, even if it was a very short and linear experience. There were little nods to Cave Story, like an NPC character that dies unless you reach her in time by speedrunning the game, and a three phase final boss who resembles Misery. Not as good as its sequel, but entertaining in its own right and worth its meagre cost.

After many attempts I also managed to finish the Extra stages in Touhou 7 - Perfect Cherry Blossom and Touhou 8 - Imperishable Night. The Touhou 7 clear was particularly crazy because I died twice on the midboss, getting me down to my last life and then somehow managed to make a comeback. And I really just scraped through at the end, with zero resources by the last attack. Both were really fun bosses and challenging for me.

Infausto
Butterfly
Butterfly

01 Sep 2019, 10:17 am

Dragon Quest IX: Sentinels of the Starry Skies
It's a Nintendo DS game that's been one of my special interests since I was a kid. I cant even remember how many times I've played through it lol.
Unfortunately full completion is impossible no matter how much I want to try it since it relied on Nintendo's online functions to get post-game quests and certain items, and when I was a kid I didn't have internet/didn't know Nintendo was discontinuing anything related to my game so I never unlocked them for my game. My original game card was stolen though so I guess it wouldn't really matter that much after all. (I can get the post-game quests unlocked naturally by sending my game to someone and having them do it, but for the items they would be essentially cheated in...It would feel like desecrating the game to me, so I would rather live without them).
So far I'm having the smoothest playthrough I've ever done. Logged 37 hours and counting and my party hasn't had a single full death (everyone killed by monsters in one battle...) yet! So I've beat all bosses (so far, 19) up to the current one in one try. First time that's happened!

SaveFerris
Veteran
Veteran

01 Sep 2019, 10:20 am

Control

Hypocrisy is the greatest luxury. Raise the double standard

martianprincess
Veteran
Veteran

01 Sep 2019, 11:00 am

Infausto wrote:
It's a Nintendo DS game that's been one of my special interests since I was a kid. I cant even remember how many times I've played through it lol.
Unfortunately full completion is impossible no matter how much I want to try it since it relied on Nintendo's online functions to get post-game quests and certain items, and when I was a kid I didn't have internet/didn't know Nintendo was discontinuing anything related to my game so I never unlocked them for my game. My original game card was stolen though so I guess it wouldn't really matter that much after all. (I can get the post-game quests unlocked naturally by sending my game to someone and having them do it, but for the items they would be essentially cheated in...It would feel like desecrating the game to me, so I would rather live without them).
So far I'm having the smoothest playthrough I've ever done. Logged 37 hours and counting and my party hasn't had a single full death (everyone killed by monsters in one battle...) yet! So I've beat all bosses (so far, 19) up to the current one in one try. First time that's happened!

I LOVED that game! I was 20 at the time and would go online and get all the gifts, made me quite excited. I had a priest and taught her whips (mostly for my own amusement). I miss that game. I really like Dragon Quest in general. I had been playing Dragon Quest builders (the first one) when it came out for the Switch and it was pretty fun.

I like wild orchids and neighbors with wide orbits

Infausto
Butterfly
Butterfly

01 Sep 2019, 1:23 pm

martianprincess wrote:
Infausto wrote:

I LOVED that game! I was 20 at the time and would go online and get all the gifts, made me quite excited. I had a priest and taught her whips (mostly for my own amusement). I miss that game. I really like Dragon Quest in general. I had been playing Dragon Quest builders (the first one) when it came out for the Switch and it was pretty fun.

My priest is my favourite party character! Every single time I restart the game I make him exactly as he was in the last playthrough lol, name and appearance and all...Even the exact same weapon class. I've only played a few of the other games and they were fun, but DQ9 is definitely the closest to my heart.

Irulan
Veteran
Veteran

05 Sep 2019, 3:52 pm

I play recently "The Stronghold. Crusader II." But I can't finish it, I am dealing with problems concerning some missions :(

Enigmatic_Oddity
Veteran
Veteran

09 Sep 2019, 10:08 am

Celeste got a new chapter! And it's unsurprisingly really hard! So that's what I'll be playing for a while. It's a treat to have a reason to go back to playing this game, though.

flownawy
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

09 Sep 2019, 3:10 pm

nothing, it's dumb

Kuraudo7777
Veteran
Veteran

09 Sep 2019, 8:59 pm

Infausto wrote:

DQIX was my first JRPG besides Pokemon. I played it so many times...

"A memory is something that has to be consciously recalled, right? But it's different from a memory locked deep within your heart. Words aren't the only way to tell someone how you feel...As long as I'm with you, as long as you're by my side, I won't give up even if I'm scared." Tifa Lockheart, Final Fantasy VII

Bradleigh
Veteran
Veteran

10 Sep 2019, 7:47 pm

I have been playing Castlevania: Symphony of the Night, kind of just felt like playing it after the perspective of playing Hollow Knight, and I am feeling much better than the first time I did. Got through the first half without actually too much trouble and into the second, aiming straight for the library to grind for the best sword in the game, but really shocked what happened. The first time I played I had to grind for a while, using equipment to boost my luck by repeatedly defeating enemies that could drop the Crissaegrim, a sword that has relatively high attack, but can be used while walking, has good range and hits four times. Should take a while to get, but playing yesterday on my birthday, I got two of them to drop by just getting other things and filling in the map, I think that it is supposed to have an incredibly small drop rate, and I got 2 from maybe no more than 20 kills. I think that I just used up all my luck, and with minimal effort I am now kind of wrecking the game.

I am also planning to make my way through RDR2, hopefully finishing it after not playing for ages. Have my weird complexes of afraid of finishing a game, but also needing for the experience to be complete. Had to take it slow to relearn things.

I am think after that, I might take a swing back at Sekiro, having been a while since I completed my first playthrough, I probably could go through another. Being able to experience while more skilled than the first time, but a bit of break so that I didn't just play it until fully done and never play again.

Enigmatic_Oddity
Veteran
Veteran

10 Sep 2019, 7:54 pm

I picked up and have played the first few hours of Blasphemous. I've loved what I've played of this game. At this rate it might be my favourite of the year. The combat and platforming is great, and it has such a wonderful, unique style that uses Spanish and religious motifs which permeates everything in the game's design. It's too common to see these sorts of games wear their influences much too proudly, struggling to break free to display their own identity. The sprite work and animation is gorgeous, both in gameplay and in its frequent use of full screen video.

I've played a lot of these sorts of games this year, with the best of them being Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night. But from what I've played of this so far, this is absolutely the better game. It's a more limited design compared to Bloodstained with more restricted options in combat, but it's in its favor, with far better balance.

Canary
Veteran
Veteran

11 Sep 2019, 2:19 pm

Found some good mods for Divinity: Original Sin 2. Forgot how much fun I had just with the combat.

beneficii
Veteran
Veteran

12 Sep 2019, 1:56 am

I'm currently playing Final Fantasy XIII, and I've just made it to Orphan's Cradle. :)

I actually really enjoy this game. I didn't have the gaming consoles for it when it came out, so I'm glad I was able to get it on Steam. Its story is really compelling and I enjoy the Crystarium/Paradigm/Staggering combat system.

Enigmatic_Oddity
Veteran
Veteran

19 Sep 2019, 10:48 am

It's 1am and I just finished Touhou 12 - Undefined Fantastic Object, probably waking my neighbours with an involuntary cheer. At this point I've finished most of the Touhou games on normal difficulty with a 1cc, so all that's left is the hardest games. This was one of the hardest in the series by far, having required weeks of practice. The bullet patterns are dense even from the early levels and death in this game is way more punishing than in prior entries, since you lose shot power each time. I just barely scraped through to the end. Overall I thought it was one of the best in the series, having liked the UFO mechanic and bullet patterns.

Last edited by Enigmatic_Oddity on 19 Sep 2019, 10:54 am, edited 1 time in total.