Page 1 of 2 [ 17 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

blitzkrieg
Veteran
Veteran

11 Sep 2023, 8:27 pm

I have heard that this is supposed to be a good Bethesda game, comparable to the likes of Fallout 4 & The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim.

I have read mixed reviews, however. Some say it is an excellent AAA title, whilst others say it is overhyped and makes little improvement over the titles mentioned above.

Has anyone played this yet?

Gameplay clip below:

Garthilium
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

12 Sep 2023, 5:21 pm

if you do get it, it has a slow start, like 12 hours or so before most people say it picks up. I'm waiting to get it on pc till it is more optimized or there are mods that work well to fix it. and that it is on sale. seems to expensive imo.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

12 Sep 2023, 5:25 pm

It sounds interesting and it makes chuds seethe.

I'd probably consider buying it if I thought my potato could run it.

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

markitzero
Veteran
Veteran

12 Sep 2023, 5:54 pm

From what I heard is that it is in my wheelhouse because me being a Fallout 4 Player. If my Ryzen 5 Rig can't run it my laptop can but I need to get another m.2 drive for my laptop to install into the second Slot.

blitzkrieg
Veteran
Veteran

12 Sep 2023, 6:13 pm

Garthilium wrote:
if you do get it, it has a slow start, like 12 hours or so before most people say it picks up. I'm waiting to get it on pc till it is more optimized or there are mods that work well to fix it. and that it is on sale. seems to expensive imo.

Yeah, I will wait for a sale also. £59.99 is way too high to spend on any video game, for me. :o

Interesting, regarding the slow start!

blitzkrieg
Veteran
Veteran

12 Sep 2023, 6:14 pm

funeralxempire wrote:

Chuds haha, what a word.

Oh dear, it is time for an upgrade! :lol:

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

12 Sep 2023, 6:16 pm

blitzkrieg wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:

Chuds haha, what a word.

Cannibalistic Humanoid Underground Dwellers (except they no longer have the descency to remain underground).

Not to be confused with the ethnic group found in Western Russia and Estonia.

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

blitzkrieg
Veteran
Veteran

12 Sep 2023, 6:26 pm

funeralxempire wrote:
blitzkrieg wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:

Chuds haha, what a word.

Cannibalistic Humanoid Underground Dwellers (except they no longer have the descency to remain underground).

Not to be confused with the ethnic group found in Western Russia and Estonia.

I didn't know there was an ethnic group of the same name.

The more you know!

Garthilium
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

15 Sep 2023, 5:03 pm

markitzero wrote:
From what I heard is that it is in my wheelhouse because me being a Fallout 4 Player. If my Ryzen 5 Rig can't run it my laptop can but I need to get another m.2 drive for my laptop to install into the second Slot.

what specs is your r5 pc? also nice blog :3

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

15 Sep 2023, 11:53 pm

Not sure yet, I would need to upgrade to an xbox series x to try it, but when I do upgrade to that I do want to try it.

blitzkrieg
Veteran
Veteran

16 Sep 2023, 2:34 pm

Sweetleaf wrote:
Not sure yet, I would need to upgrade to an xbox series x to try it, but when I do upgrade to that I do want to try it.

I take it you don't play games on the PC, then?

I think it is multi-platform in any case, and is indeed on the Xbox Series X.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

03 Feb 2024, 4:43 pm

blitzkrieg wrote:
Sweetleaf wrote:

No, I don't have a PC....I have a crappy laptop I bought off amazon to replace my old acer that was kind of crapping out, I forgot to look at the processer and it's a a crappy celeron processor so I am an idiot for buying it. a good PC would probably cost like 900-1,000 or more, so though me and my boyfriend would like to have one it would take a while of saving up for it.

But now me and my boyfriend bought a Xbox series X with christmas money we got from family because walmart had it on sale for a while. So I have been able to try starfield, I like it so far.... basically, space skyrim. But also initially things looked kind of washed out and idk I just thought it would look better, but just recently they did an update that seems to have fixed that quite a bit.

Overall, I like playing it, but maybe it was a bit overhyped...it's certainly not as mind blowing as I was lead to believe due to all that hype.

blitzkrieg
Veteran
Veteran

03 Feb 2024, 4:45 pm

Sweetleaf wrote:
blitzkrieg wrote:
Sweetleaf wrote:

No, I don't have a PC....I have a crappy laptop I bought off amazon to replace my old acer that was kind of crapping out, I forgot to look at the processer and it's a a crappy celeron processor so I am an idiot for buying it. a good PC would probably cost like 900-1,000 or more, so though me and my boyfriend would like to have one it would take a while of saving up for it.

But now me and my boyfriend bought a Xbox series X with christmas money we got from family because walmart had it on sale for a while. So I have been able to try starfield, I like it so far.... basically, space skyrim. But also initially things looked kind of washed out and idk I just thought it would look better, but just recently they did an update that seems to have fixed that quite a bit.

Overall, I like playing it, but maybe it was a bit overhyped...it's certainly not as mind blowing as I was lead to believe due to all that hype.

A lot of people have been disappointed with Starfield, apparently. You are not alone in thinking it has been overhyped.

jeh666452
Butterfly
Butterfly

10 Apr 2024, 9:56 pm

I just don't find any of the space era RPGs to be as good as the modern-to-near-future era/past era RPGs like Fallout or The Elder Scrolls.

roronoa79
Veteran
Veteran

19 Apr 2024, 9:55 pm

I've heard few positive things about Starfield. I've heard multiple people say the game feels empty, environments lack content, space travel is not very interactive, the writing is bland to the point that some wonder if it is AI generated, and missions are painfully basic and pointless ("Go tell this person this", "Go back to that first guy and tell him I said this!", ie: we are in the future and none of you people have email or anything?). Again, I haven't played it, but that's just what I've heard. Another "blockbuster" that was hyped because it came from a big studio, but then it just shows how that studio has lost its way and stagnated.

jeh666452 wrote:
I just don't find any of the space era RPGs to be as good as the modern-to-near-future era/past era RPGs like Fallout or The Elder Scrolls.

Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic and Mass Effect are two great space RPG series by Bioware that I would recommend to a skeptic like yourself. Outer Worlds is a more recent title from Obsidian (the studio that did Fallout: New Vegas) that has been very well-received. I hear good things about XCOM as well, if you are into strategy rpg's.
If you are open to JRPG's, then some good ones with space settings would be the Xeno series (esp. Xenosaga on PS2), the Star Ocean series, the Phantasy Star series (mainly old Sega consoles, the 4th game on the Genesis/Mega Drive is considered the best and most accessible one), Rogue Galaxy for Playstation 2, and Infinite Space for Nintendo DS.

Δυνατὰ δὲ οἱ προύχοντες πράσσουσι καὶ οἱ ἀσθενεῖς ξυγχωροῦσιν.
Those with power do what their power permits, and the weak can only acquiesce.

- Thucydides

blitzkrieg
Veteran
Veteran

20 Apr 2024, 7:31 am

I am surprised many people buy this game considering its high retail price, despite the disappointing reviews.