Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 

Renatus
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

08 Jul 2012, 7:10 pm

One thing that will be coming out within the next year or two is an MMO based on white wolf's World Of Darkness. I'm a huge fan personally and once it's out, the real world is going to disappear for a long time.

If you don't know the World of Darkness is an old fashioned RPG from the early 90s that revolves around vampires and other supernatural creatures. There have been a few video games based on the series already but those weren't MMOs.

If you're interested check out Vampire the Masquerade: Bloodlines. Torrent it, don't buy it, because if you do buy it ALL the money goes to the publisher rather than the developer, since due to the pressure the publisher put on the devs, and their forcing the release before it was ready during a time when there were several other major fully finished games coming out, the dev company died not long after the game came out. As a result, if you do buy it, the developers wouldn't receive a single penny of that money.

All that being said it is looking fantastic so far but I'm left with a few questions for everyone.

Do you find yourself naturally favoring playing a Malkavian like I do?

Idk I can't think of any of the others I was going to ask that I thought of earlier but I'm in a hurry so I'l lleave it with that for now.

Cadawell
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

08 Jul 2012, 7:26 pm

I bought VtM:B years ago. I should dig it up again if there's an MMO coming out.

Malkavians are definitely awesome. I went into the game without knowing anything about World of Darkness, so my first character was a Gangrel with the insectoid subtrait because: half-insect feral vampire. Enough said. But if I were to replay it I'd definitely go with a Malkavian or a Nosferatu. They're just more interesting to play, whereas the other types are more streamlined.

Infoseeker
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

09 Jul 2012, 7:34 am

Sounds fun, I had a friend let me play with them WoD in a modern San Fransico setting. They had to give my character a trait "Common Sense" leveled up to 2. So that the game master could challenge my actions and keep me alive a little bit longer. lol

Rakshasa72
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jul 2012, 10:26 am

World of Darkness has always be about Live Action Role-Play to me. After playing TSW this weekend I could see it working as a very story based "Sandbox" MMO. Also I hope that they will include atleast all the major core WoD character types Vampires, Werewolves, Mages and Changelings. If they do I'll be playing a Changeling. If they don't I'll be playing a Malkavian who thinks he's a Changeling.

DeaconBlues
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jul 2012, 12:30 pm

The question is, will it be based on the old WoD, or the new? And will it center around Kindred, Garou, Mages, or Hunters? (Pretty sure Prometheans won't be the basis for a nWoD game, at least in the beginning...)

(Keys:

Old WoD - Vampire: the Masquerade, Werewolf: the Apocalypse, Mage: the Ascension, Changeling: the Dreaming, Hunter: the Reckoning, Wraith: the Oblivion

New WoD - Vampire: the Requiem, Werewolf: the Forsaken, Mage: the Awakening, Changeling: the Lost, Hunter: the Vigil, Promethean: the Created)

TM
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jul 2012, 6:15 pm

I'm halfway trying to ignore this game as it seems like just the kind of game that could start my massive multiplayer crack addiction again.

Esseth
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

15 Jul 2012, 7:42 am

Waiting for this muchly. and Ventrue for life "We rule the world, so you don't have to."

NeueZiel
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jul 2012, 7:26 pm

I too am a fan of the World of Darkness pen and paper ruleset. Me and some online friends actually put together a custom campaign with fighter jet pilots that used a modified version of the WOD rules and I added some custom perks.

Its a cool system when all I've ever played is D&D and Call of Cthulhu. I don't really see the point of ANOTHER mmo, people don't really rp in video games anymore and after playing World of Warcraft since its release I can't find myself getting excited for another massively multiplayer roleplaying game where you kill monsters and either don't interact with people at all or you're forced to in a way that's very obnoxious. Another game for people to get addicted to I guess $$$. :roll: