Gift/game for a 16 year old for 3d, ds system?

Page 1 of 1 [ 10 posts ] 

Michellen2008
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

22 Jul 2012, 7:25 pm

I am buying a game for a 3d, ds handheld game system, he is 16, what would be a good gift to buy him?

Thanks
Michelle

xxZeromancerlovexx
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jul 2012, 7:30 pm

Are there restrictions on what is and isn't allowed to play? I recommended Splinter Cell 3D. I just got a 3DS and only have 3 games for it, but I read the Splinter Cell book and bought one of the games and love it!

-Down, The Birthday Massacre

IdahoRose
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jul 2012, 7:41 pm

Does he like Kingdom Hearts? Try Kingdom Hearts 3D. It comes out at the end of this month. :)

UnLoser
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jul 2012, 8:06 pm

I'm 16 and I love Kid Icarus: Uprising.

However, he might only be into violent, realistic games, in which case the first guy's suggestion sounds better than mine.

joku_muko
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jul 2012, 8:28 pm

Ask him. Serious no offense intended. The only one who can answer that is him and he'd be happier getting what he wants.

soutthpaw
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

22 Jul 2012, 8:35 pm

Gift Reciept. in the box then if he wants something else he can exchange it.

Michellen2008

22 Jul 2012, 8:46 pm

Michellen2008 wrote:
I am buying a game for a 3d, ds handheld game system, he is 16, what would be a good gift to buy him?

Thanks
Michelle

It is a stepson - well like a step son I'm not married technically but been in a relationship for a few months and my family is well off, we are buying him a 3d ds system and it comes with 1 free game, thats what he wants for his birthday do we are getting it. I prefer older guys (I am an Aspie and cannot get along with people my own age very well) so I am with his dad 47 and I am 24, know a lot about about phones but hardly nothing about video games, that is why I'm asking this question and it is a surprise birthday gift his mother requested, so the 16 yo has no idea what we are getting him. His dad has ADHD and the 16 yo boy also has ADHD as his mother states. Thanks again. I can't tell him though what it is, it's a surprise, but I have to figure out before next month what game to buy. Im so confused its been overwhelming me what game to get. :( ugh...

MakaylaTheAspie
Veteran
Veteran

Location: O'er the land of the so-called free and the home of the self-proclaimed brave. (Oregon)

23 Jul 2012, 6:43 pm

I'd get him some Nintendo points so he can go on the internet through his 3DS and get any game he wants.

Tross
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jul 2012, 1:21 am

MakaylaTheAspie wrote:
I'd get him some Nintendo points so he can go on the internet through his 3DS and get any game he wants.

That's actually not a bad idea. If you don't know the kid's preferences, that may be the way to go. I would have said go with a Mario game, because starting with a Mario game is a tradition of mine with Nintendo systems, but if you want to be on the safe side, Nintendo points, or a Gamestop gift card aren't bad options. I'm sure he'll love it either way, and that he'll appreciate the thought that went into it, and a 3DS is a really thoughtful gift.

muslimmetalhead
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jul 2012, 9:24 am

I'm 16 in a couple of weeks, and I was really eyeing that Resident Evil game.

Kingdom Hearts, Zelda:Ocarina of Time, and Super Mario are all pretty good too.