Anyone interested in playing a free MMO as a group?

Page 5 of 5 [ 77 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

ZpykeEboto
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

29 Jul 2012, 11:56 pm

NeueZiel wrote:
Rebel_Nowe wrote:
Yes it is. =D

Now suggest a game. `-`

I wish there was an official Pokemon MMO. All of the unofficial ones are just a mess compared to any real MMO.

Funnily enough the new pet battle system in WoW is about as close to a pokemon mmo has we will probably ever get. There is a type tree with strengths and weaknesses, you can capture wild pets of the same species with varying stats and they learn moves that do offensive damage, heal, etc. There is also a pokedex style journal with flavor text for each pet. There are npc trainers for you to battle. Sadly you can't rebattle them (at least not yet) but you can challenge other players. Cute midi style Warcraft 2 music plays while you battle as well

You get 3 pets instead of 6 though. Its not available on live yet either and won't be until the big 5.0 patch (in September most likely). Its pretty fun though, I have to fight myself not to get on the beta and do more stuff because I'll lose all my progress when it goes live.

That.... makes me want to play WoW... on a pserver. I still hate the idea of $15 a month plus expansion costs.

And Idk how well the Pkmn unofficial mmo's have gotten, but I did get the installer at some point. It's always worth a shot.

However, there's a much more efficient and faster way to get your Pokemon goodness. I'd have to find it on my computer again, but it essentially lets you just create a room and play with friends with your own created team of Pokemon. You can customize what Pokemon they are, what random stats they have, their EV and IV's as well as they skill set, as long as it's all within the natural bounds of that Pokemon. And then you just set it as a team, etc, etc. That might be one alternative to any Pokemon madness out there.

Rebel_Nowe
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jul 2012, 11:34 am

I looked at a couple of them. They are just messy. Nobody has the programming skill necessary to put in a traditional, simple interface or deal with an active community.

I was trying to find something more unique, but we could go for something on the border of unique and traditional goodness, by which I mean Perfect World:

http://mmohuts.com/review/perfect-world
http://www.mmobomb.com/review/perfect-world

It's kind of pretty, but, on low settings, I was able to run it a few years ago on a crappy laptop that could barely run its own vista. Everyone gets either a mount (some flying) or wings. It's rather traditional in gameplay style, but rather unique in direction. You can be a human or elf or anthropomorphic animal race that I don't remember the name of, and there are lots of classes.

ZpykeEboto
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

30 Jul 2012, 5:22 pm

Rebel_Nowe wrote:
I looked at a couple of them. They are just messy. Nobody has the programming skill necessary to put in a traditional, simple interface or deal with an active community.

I was trying to find something more unique, but we could go for something on the border of unique and traditional goodness, by which I mean Perfect World:

http://mmohuts.com/review/perfect-world
http://www.mmobomb.com/review/perfect-world

It's kind of pretty, but, on low settings, I was able to run it a few years ago on a crappy laptop that could barely run its own vista. Everyone gets either a mount (some flying) or wings. It's rather traditional in gameplay style, but rather unique in direction. You can be a human or elf or anthropomorphic animal race that I don't remember the name of, and there are lots of classes.

I saw that a long time ago. Considered it, but.... It's a lot of grinding, and VERY traditional. A vanilla EQ would probably offer more diversity, honestly.
However, it is supposed to be big on customization...

If you want to look at "traditional" mmo's by the standard WoW set.... There's FlyFF. I'm not too sure about that one. It's supposed to have tons of bosses and levels, but again, way farming and grinding oriented, and repitive.
Runes of Magick: This game is high on the side of power, for some reason. It didn't seem hard at all when I gave it a shot. But the point of the game is to play on a PvP server and then get high level gear to do the PvP events, mainly Guild Wars and Server Wars. Guild Wars being the most interesting, but I didn't get that far to even try it.
Allods Online: I hear this game has a HUGE world, and is very stable without much lag and UI issues, etc. Other than that, it's very much a WoW-clone, without anything unique to itself, really, except airships and airship battles. There's also some PvP modes, but I never actually played it to know what they are, and they were never listed anywhere.

Oh yeah, Maplestory: Herp derp. No. I cannot recommend this game. Even private servers are nearly impossible to play without grinding and farming. Both p-servers and the official servers are buggy as hell, and with many exploits, hackers and people ruining the game in various ways, among it's game design flaws. So that was a joke.

Pondering
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jul 2012, 5:52 pm

Tried perfect world and the darker version forsaken world... Both extremely grindy, quest grindy, and majorly pay to win. There's nothing special about it IMO, besides for perfect world's graphics and character customization. They also have built in bot systems, so it's common to find players not actually playing, yet their character is doing stuff... Not everyone has a problem with that though.

Runes of magic, another massive pay to win WoW clone game, terrible graphics too. Very grindy.

Allods, I've heard great things about this game. Out of all these games and the WoW clones this is the one to play from what I have heard. They did just merge servers, due to a small spread out community so it should seem more active. It's pay to win, but you can farm for a long time to obtain cash shop items through those means, instead of spending money on the cash shop. I wish I could play it, but every time I go to install it, it errors out on me.

I would not recommend Maple Story either.

ZpykeEboto
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

31 Jul 2012, 1:03 am

Pondering wrote:
Tried perfect world and the darker version forsaken world... Both extremely grindy, quest grindy, and majorly pay to win. There's nothing special about it IMO, besides for perfect world's graphics and character customization. They also have built in bot systems, so it's common to find players not actually playing, yet their character is doing stuff... Not everyone has a problem with that though.

Runes of magic, another massive pay to win WoW clone game, terrible graphics too. Very grindy.

Allods, I've heard great things about this game. Out of all these games and the WoW clones this is the one to play from what I have heard. They did just merge servers, due to a small spread out community so it should seem more active. It's pay to win, but you can farm for a long time to obtain cash shop items through those means, instead of spending money on the cash shop. I wish I could play it, but every time I go to install it, it errors out on me.

I would not recommend Maple Story either.

I have to wonder... When you say "pay to win," do you mean there's no way to get the items outside of real cash? Like in Allods Online, I'm pretty sure Runes of Magic had a system where you could buy some cash items with in-game money, via the shop or trade with other players.
And from what little of the forums I read, Perfect World did that, too. Never really even glanced at Forsaken World, though, so I have no idea what it is.

I think when it comes to "pay to win," I think of MapleStory, and how incredibly bad it was. It seriously had people paying hundreds and thousands to get what they wanted/needed. They now have a cash item trade system in place, but the high rates still don't help non-paying members because of the huge inflation from scammers, merchanters, hackers, botters and gold farmers.
That's what I see when I hear "pay to win."

TheOtherMe
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

08 Aug 2012, 11:27 am

I am currently in love with wakfu. I got the idea from this thread. I did actually pay the 6 euro for a month.

Tomasu
Veteran
Veteran

13 Aug 2012, 4:40 am

^^ Yaye greetings everyone. I am very sorry to bother you all, however I perhaps wondered if anyone may wish to play the free to play game named World of Tanks? ^^ I believe that I have read very lovely articles for this game within the PC Gamer magazine (in addition, I believe that the current issue of the PC Gamer magazine contains some free items and in-game monies for this game).

EDIT: I believe that this little game may be found at www.wargaming.net.

Pondering
Veteran
Veteran

05 Sep 2012, 12:54 am

I am considering playing Dragon Saga, because I'm bored out of my hair. Anyone with me? I hear they are implementing a new update, that adds many things like sets, mobs, zones and what not from ragnarok, over to dragon saga.

Epsilon
Toucan
Toucan

05 Sep 2012, 8:06 am

I play Dragon Nest every now and then; it has action-oriented combat that promotes mobility and skill. I am playing as an Engineer (someone who can summon robots and turrets) and it is an above average game for me so far. It is free to play, but two drawbacks are gender-locked classes and amount of inventory space.

BlueMax
Veteran
Veteran

05 Sep 2012, 3:16 pm

Has anyone done the private WoW server thing yet?

What about something more outer-space-y?

DrPenguin
Toucan
Toucan

06 Sep 2012, 11:17 am

World of tanks is fun, War Thunder is great (currently playing that one on Beta), also got char's on Lord of the rings online.

Btw I'm a member of IGC (http://www.internationalgamingcommunity.com/site/) we play several games including those above eve, F1and guild wars 2, and have a teamspeak server. We're mostly Europe but have a few from the US (there an eclectic bunch but nice, and relatively sane) your welcome too look us up.

physicsnut42
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

09 Sep 2012, 2:50 pm

Wafku looks like an epic game. If we do that, I'm definitely in.

Pondering
Veteran
Veteran

11 Sep 2012, 5:45 am

I just quit my game... So am seriously searching for a new one, and I think it would be cool if a bunch of us or even a small number of people here could get together and do some stuff ^^... My main requirements, no super duper spec requirements please, and of coars eno crazy pay to win/freemium games!