Anyone interested in playing a free MMO as a group?

Page 1 of 5 [ 77 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Rebel_Nowe
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jul 2012, 7:34 pm

Between the obvious MMO playerbase here and a few threads lately talking about having discussions here but not really making friends, I thought this could be a good idea. I figured that it would be a good way to hang out with each other and just be casual. If you're interested, suggest games or criteria.

I personally don't prefer classic point and click games, but I realize those are the most common, so I'm open to one of superior quality. I've considered giving mabinogi another shot now that I'm on better internet than I was the first time around.

I've been curious about Wakfu, a turn based strategy MMO run by Squeenix, but I haven't actually tried it. Is anyone familiar with it? It also seemed like it could be a good fit for the WP community.

Any thoughts?

StormCrow
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

22 Jul 2012, 8:16 pm

if it can run on my comp, then I'm in.

Maybe we can have a section in Second Life, or some clone of it.

Rebel_Nowe
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jul 2012, 8:35 pm

I don't do life sims. I need a real game with quests and goals and such. I need something to not be bored. =/

And we'll have the coolest, most awkward guild ever. =D

TheOtherMe
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

23 Jul 2012, 3:46 am

Are you interested to play the coming Elder Scrolls MMO? It's not published yet, but I guess I'll have to buy it. I really do hate the fact that it's multiplayer, but what can you do? Times change.

NeueZiel
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jul 2012, 4:01 am

I'd be interested in Wakfu -maybe-, I like how it looked. Its too bad Ragnarok Online isn't free to play anymore, I use to love that game!

transformingcar
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jul 2012, 10:15 am

it depends, what all games are there? I used to play a few MMO games. if you can give me a list of games to play. I'd like to join in!

NeueZiel
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jul 2012, 10:31 am

I'm up to join Wakfu (its free right?), Ragnarok Online or even World of Warcraft if we had a server and guild. Anything else probably no, not really into shooters, last one I played online was AVP2 on the pc. It'd be great to join a game with a WP presence.

Rebel_Nowe
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jul 2012, 11:54 am

TheOtherMe wrote:
Are you interested to play the coming Elder Scrolls MMO? It's not published yet, but I guess I'll have to buy it. I really do hate the fact that it's multiplayer, but what can you do? Times change.

I am, but I'd rather we did something free to play, so every lonely, broke, young aspie can join us. Oh, and before someone goes literal on that, I specify young because most adults can put together $15 a month.

transformingcar wrote:
it depends, what all games are there? I used to play a few MMO games. if you can give me a list of games to play. I'd like to join in!

Oh lawd hundreds.

http://mmohuts.com/gamelist

And that's not all of them. If you're not familiar with the MMO world, but are interested in playing, you could just look into popular suggestions.

NeueZiel wrote:
I'm up to join Wakfu (its free right?), Ragnarok Online or even World of Warcraft if we had a server and guild. Anything else probably no, not really into shooters, last one I played online was AVP2 on the pc. It'd be great to join a game with a WP presence.

That's two for Wakfu. I really think this one could be a good fit for us. For those interested in more info:
Official North American Wakfu Website

Tomasu
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jul 2012, 1:40 pm

^^ Greetings everyone. I believe that Lord of the Rings Online is a very magical free to play online game.

EDIT: I believe that playing Wakfu shall be very fun also.

Last edited by Tomasu on 23 Jul 2012, 2:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Colinn
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jul 2012, 2:21 pm

I checked out Wafku and I liked the look of it. I've rarely dabbled with MMO games, but this looks like a fun one to try. Plus, it would be better as a group so count me in.

Last edited by Colinn on 23 Jul 2012, 2:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Rebel_Nowe
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jul 2012, 2:37 pm

Tomasu wrote:
^^ Greetings everyone. I believe that Lord of the Rings Online is a very magical free to play online game.

EDIT: I believe that playing Wakfu shall be very fun also.

I don't think that I could run LOTRO, so there are probably quite a few people who couldn't.

If wakfu keeps gaining momentum, I say we download and give it a shot. I'll probably have to wait to download it overnight, but I can be on in the next few days. This could be great.

transformingcar
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jul 2012, 4:37 pm

Quote:
If wakfu keeps gaining momentum, I say we download and give it a shot. I'll probably have to wait to download it overnight, but I can be on in the next few days. This could be great.

Agreed, I guess that means making an account on that wedsite as well. which also means haveing to share our in-game names in order to find and play with eatch other, I like this idea. I'll give it a shot, so long as another wrongplanet memeber will do the same.

transformingcar
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jul 2012, 4:39 pm

Quote:
That's two for Wakfu. I really think this one could be a good fit for us. For those interested in more info:
Official North American Wakfu Website

make that at least three for Wakfu, I'm in for this as well...

angelofdarkness
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

23 Jul 2012, 4:50 pm

i would join but i dont know know what game i could play

Pondering
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jul 2012, 5:13 pm

NeueZiel wrote:
I'd be interested in Wakfu -maybe-, I like how it looked. Its too bad Ragnarok Online isn't free to play anymore, I use to love that game!
Ragnarok online is free, hosted under Gravity Corporation. Wakfu is actually P2P, but I think it may* have a free trial.

NVM It's a premium subscription, which heavily limits F2P'ers from what I just read... I'm in though I suppose, maybe the turn based action won't be so bad.

NeueZiel
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jul 2012, 5:18 pm

Pondering wrote:
NeueZiel wrote:
Ragnarok online is free, hosted under Gravity Corporation. Wakfu is actually P2P, but I think it may* have a free trial.

Oh well gee that's pretty damn cool then. I might have to check out RO again sometime for nostalgia, that game was so grindy but I loved it.