Anyone interested in playing Final Fantasy XI

Page 1 of 1 [ 13 posts ] 

Pompei
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

05 Sep 2012, 4:25 pm

I played the game several years ago as a red mage, beat Maat on the first try and got up to level 73 when the top level was 75. I had over a million gil and all kinds of fancy gear before I quit.

I just bought the game again and am starting over since I have lost all my identifying data and do not think I can recover my old characters. It would be fun to play with a group of aspies. We could have an aspie only linkshell. You can download the software to play the game for $10 at gamestop online. You get 30 days free then there is a $14 monthly fee.

If anyone is interested in joining me in the game send me a pm and I will tell you what world I am in and my character name.

joku_muko
Veteran
Veteran

11 Sep 2012, 6:36 pm

I'm currently scheduled to plat a game at the end of this week on my PS3 or I'd start now. I have a key to the full game (bought when it was super cheap on Amazon for like $5 for Abyssea collection like 6 months ago), but I would probably start with the trial first to get more free time. :D I've played the game a few times think the highest I ever got was to dual spec (forget lvl), but hear it is a lot easier to solo now... I would be starting sometime next week 17th, 18th. I think you can get rewards so if you are interested PM me your info or wait and I will tell you mine and you can get them. Have you had any other interested parties? I work full time too if that will be a problem.

DiscardedWhisper
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

11 Sep 2012, 6:50 pm

Scorpion Harness - 20 million gil!

Yeah, I admire your tolerance for pain if you want to go back to that torture device.

I ran a summoner/white mage for about a year. Don't let that summoner part fool you, I rarely, if ever, got to flex that muscle. My job was to endlessly spam cure 2 and occasionally cast cure 3. Every now and then I could bring out Garuda for a group haste or Fenrir for the attack buff, but that was about it. Everything in that game cost 20 million gil, if you didn't have the 20 million gil items no one would party with you. Then you sit in Jeuno for 2 hours trying to get a party which disbanded after the second pull.

And don't get me started on HNMs and Chinese Gil Farmers... :evil:

I did have some fairly high end gear including Dynamis pants, Yin Yang Robe and + 1 Elemental Staves. But looking back I wonder if it was all worth the headache. Certainly it wasn't when I tried to make a Blue Mage... :(

joku_muko
Veteran
Veteran

12 Sep 2012, 8:27 pm

Are you gonna play too DW? You seem upset, but cant tell. I do know they made it easier to level you can even solo.

joku_muko
Veteran
Veteran

16 Sep 2012, 12:35 pm

Anyone? I'm ready to play if anyone is also going to!

NeueZiel
Veteran
Veteran

16 Sep 2012, 2:55 pm

I kind of want to play this game because I love Final Fantasy and dig the idea of playing as a summoner or black mage. Is there still a monthly fee?

joku_muko
Veteran
Veteran

16 Sep 2012, 5:02 pm

Yes there is!

NeueZiel
Veteran
Veteran

16 Sep 2012, 8:49 pm

I looked it up, apparently 12$ for the first slot then 1$ more for each subsequent character so if I just go with one toon it'll be about 12 monthly for me. I'll buy it on steam when I have the funds just to try it. How does the game work? Do you level up your job classes like in Final Fantasy Tactics so I could say..raise levels as a black mage then grind summoner or something?

How much does it matter what race I play? I know I'm going to lean toward magic with summoners or black mages but I really don't want to make a tarutaru, would rather be a mithra or hume. Is it like WoW where the advantages aren't THAT important or is everyone forced to min-max with racial choice? I know the game is a lot more party oriented than WoW where you always solo while you're waiting for a dungeon or BG to pop.

joku_muko
Veteran
Veteran

17 Sep 2012, 3:10 pm

Haha, that's funny cause I'd only play a Tarutaru. Anyway, I can't answer your questions as I don't know the game enough, but I believe in the long hall it doesn't matter. Only thing I think that matters is who you are loyal to. Think last time I played was a Tarutaru loyal to Windurst. I do think I remember you do start in the city you are loyal to though. So, if we started loyal to different cities it would be a while before we would see each other. I still haven't started. Waiting for someone else to reply here first saying there are going to play too.

joku_muko
Veteran
Veteran

18 Sep 2012, 7:55 pm

Anyone? :cry:

Dantac
Veteran
Veteran

19 Sep 2012, 10:36 am

I do not play it anymore since the release of Abyssea turned the game into a pathetic WOW-like experience.

Did use to have a level 75 summoner and loved it. The game itself is incredible and I truly wish they'd re-release it with updated graphics.

FF14 is a flop. SE thought that they could make a clone of WoW with FF skins and themes and make lots of money. It flopped so bad SEnix is trying hard to turn it into a FFXI like game. They're failing miserably at it too. I'd say it will take them another year of big changes before it becomes remotely close to FFXI's level of gameplay and interactivity.

Hopefully by then they'll introduce Summoner to FF14 and then I might get into playing it. Right now i have the game disc sitting in my shelf.

NeueZiel
Veteran
Veteran

19 Sep 2012, 2:22 pm

I thought FF14 looked really beautiful, its a shame the actual gameplay is awful. One thing asian mmo's do really well is visuals, Aion and Terra look incredible even if they don't hold up as well to WoW and GW2. What server for FFXI are you all playing on? When I have money I'll come along to try it out.

joku_muko
Veteran
Veteran

20 Sep 2012, 6:49 pm

The only person playing is OP. I won't play unless I can get at least one other person. There is a 14 day trial.