Page 1 of 3 [ 37 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

kxmode
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

19 Jul 2012, 2:59 pm

Launching August 28, 2012

If you have absolutely no clue what Guild Wars 2 is about please review the following videos.

- Top 10 Reasons to be interested in Guild Wars 2
- Guild Wars 2 MMO Manifesto
- Guild Wars 2 teaser
- Guild Wars 2 Gamescom 2011 Trailer

Guild Wars 2 versus...

- Other MMOs
- WOW
- SWTOR
- TERA
- WOW vs. RIFT

A sample of various dynamic event boss fights. These are like raids but take place outdoors, and because there's no DPS, tank, healer spec required anyone can truly join the battle. As players join or leave the battle the difficulty scales, and anyone who participates is rewarded.

- Tequatl the Sunless, a level 58 undead dragon boss
- The Shadow Behemoth, a level 15 boss monster
- Champion Rotting Ancient Oakheart, a level 10 nature elemental boss
- The Frozen Maw, aka the "Dragon Shaman"
- Nageling Giant, a level 18 giant cyclops boss, notice all the dead town NPCs. The Giant actually walks around the town killing everything
- The Shatterer, a level 50 dragon boss

If you have not noticed by now there are no pre-rendered cinematics. All footage is recorded in-game. For more information about this game go here.

Beta Weekend Event begins Friday, July 20 and runs through Sunday, July 22.

Last edited by kxmode on 19 Jul 2012, 11:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Teredia
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jul 2012, 8:27 pm

ive waited too looong for this. ive had iit on pre-order since last year!!

NeueZiel
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jul 2012, 9:07 pm

I pre-purchased the big CE and have been in the beta but have very mixed feelings about this game. I'm thankful it has no monthly fee so I don't have to feel commited to the game, past the initial plunk of cash I put into for the toy (Neve unboxing it) and the book. Still, I've been regaining my hunger for games in the midst of a big drought/lack of funds so I might get enjoyment out of this beta weekend. Had a hard time enjoying the previous betas, the game just seemed very boring but I didn't get very far.

Tidal
Butterfly
Butterfly

20 Jul 2012, 8:08 am

I have pre-purchashed the digital version, I haven't played any of the betas apart from one day of the first one, so I hope I will enjoy the full release more.

MeerkatFetish
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

20 Jul 2012, 12:08 pm

About 1 hour and 50 mins until the last beta is up and running! *so excited* :lol:

NeueZiel
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jul 2012, 11:36 pm

I really wish we could keep our characters from the last beta because I'm really tired of the human zone but don't like the other races aesthetically. I'm having a decent enough time but the npcs and voice acting in this game bug me a bit. Really tired of Queensdale, I think I'd warm up to the game more if I got to do something besides save the cows and whatnot and apparently that's possible, I just need to find an asura gate.

edit - the asura area is awesome, I'm just exploring on my human. The game looks really nice with everything cranked up to highest settings, a lot different from "best performance". I'm very impressed by rata sum.

edit 2 - [img][800:851]http://i.imgur.com/XAKlI.jpg[/img] I like it!:P

kxmode
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

17 Aug 2012, 8:03 pm

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qOMQxVtbkik[/youtube]Lyrics by Ree Soesbee. Music composed by Jeremy Soule. Sung by Asja.

Fear not this night. You will not go astray. Though shadows fall still the stars... find their way.
Awaken from a quiet sleep. Hear the whispering of the wind.
Awaken as the silence grows in the solitude of the night
Darkness spreads through all the land and your weary eyes open silently.
Sunsets have forsaken all and must open their eyes now
Nightmares come when shadows grow.... Ice glows and heartbeats slow
Fear not this night. You will not go astray. Though Shadows fall still the stars find their way

And you can always be strong. Lift your voice with the first light of dawn
Dawn is just a heartbeat away. Hope is just a sunrise away

Distant song of melody scoring through the night to your heart.
Auroras make circumstance in the solitude of our life.
Pleading silent arias gently grieving in captive misery.
Darkness sings a violent song yet our hope can still rise up
Nightmares come where shadows grow. Lift your voice lift your heart
Fear not this night. You will not go astray. Though shadows fall still the stars find a way
And though the night skies fill with weakness. Fear not, press on. Hold out and take my hand!
Fear not this night! You will not go astray. Though shadows fall still the stars find a way!
Fear not this night! You will not go astray. Though shadows fall still the stars find a way!

And you can always be strong. Lift your voice with the first light of dawn!
Dawn is just a heartbeat away.... Home is just a sunrise away....

Last edited by kxmode on 18 Aug 2012, 5:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Pondering
Veteran
Veteran

18 Aug 2012, 6:25 am

Anyone forming a WP based clan in GW2 or planning on making groups? 10 more days...

Vomelche
Veteran
Veteran

20 Aug 2012, 1:40 pm

What servers will everyone be playing on? I have not decided yet, but I would go with a high pop one, hopefully fort aspenwood if it doesn't get full right away. Maybe will make a guild too with a funny name.

Tsproggy
Toucan
Toucan

21 Aug 2012, 1:50 am

I was going to ask how you figure out that beta weekends are coming up as I don't see anything on the main page mentioning and I can't login to play on this beta weekend despite it being the 20th right now and me having a pre ordered, installed game with an account. Also, I like the idea of being in a WP guild, even if all we do is talk about ourselves and listen to nobody. I'm no leader so i'm not even going to throw my hat in for establishing a guild.

Belial
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

21 Aug 2012, 10:23 am

Tsproggy wrote:
I was going to ask how you figure out that beta weekends are coming up as I don't see anything on the main page mentioning and I can't login to play on this beta weekend despite it being the 20th right now and me having a pre ordered, installed game with an account. Also, I like the idea of being in a WP guild, even if all we do is talk about ourselves and listen to nobody. I'm no leader so i'm not even going to throw my hat in for establishing a guild.

That's not a beta weekend, its the head start for those that pre-purchased. A WP guild would be interesting, you can join multiple guilds in GW2 I believe.

kxmode
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

21 Aug 2012, 12:09 pm

Tsproggy wrote:

http://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/ is where I go to find all this information. For example if you prepurchased you can play the stress test today from 12pm - 4pm PST. Just make sure your client is updated as Arenanet has been releasing a flurry of updates ahead of the 25th headstart launch. I would have not known about the stress test if I wasn't on Reddit.

Pondering
Veteran
Veteran

25 Aug 2012, 12:37 am

OUT IN LESS THAN TWO HOURS! WOOOOT

Belial
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

25 Aug 2012, 10:29 am

They really improved the graphics and performance A LOT for this game. I remember being totally underwhelmed by the beta, visually and performance wise, getting less than 20 fps running on low settings. Now I can run on ultra so far and it feels really smooth. I played every other race during beta but I think I really like the sylvari the most because A: they glow in the dark and B: You have A LOT of options to make a very cool looking, different sylvari. Now I just can't decide on elementalist or necro.

Vomelche
Veteran
Veteran

26 Aug 2012, 12:05 pm

Necro is more OP with life leech. Elementalist is a flexible class, supposably can heal too.

I started on the Fort Aspenwood server, if anyone wants to join pm me.

Rarrarr
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

26 Aug 2012, 1:27 pm

Does anyone know if there is going to be a trial? I hope there is. I'm not 100% sure if i can buy it just like that.. I have to have tried it first.