Page 1 of 2 [ 23 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

pawelk1986
Veteran
Veteran

14 Oct 2012, 1:40 pm

My favorite is the EA, although their products are terribly expensive, but worth their price.

Boxman108
Veteran
Veteran

14 Oct 2012, 2:06 pm

Not sure I can say I have any particular favorite. I suppose Nintendo would be overall, but that's not quite fair to smaller developers. I do like Grasshopper Manufacture, or more specifically Suda51. Konami's made the MGS games which I love. Retro made the Metroid Prime games, as well as Donkey Kong Country Returns. Speaking of, Rareware used to be great. Same with Square Enix. Clover made the excellent Okami before it shut down, and similarly Cavia went under after having made NieR. I haven't played most of their games myself, but Valve seems to have considerable talent. Between the Saints Row and Red Faction games, it seems Volition has done pretty well.

While someone else is eating or opening a window or
just walking dully along...

charlulz
Raven
Raven

14 Oct 2012, 3:16 pm

Rareware back in the day, Donkey kong country 2 was magic. I also love gamefreak.

crmoore
Veteran
Veteran

15 Oct 2012, 12:55 pm

I'm a fan of the publishers from back in the day who are still putting out good games (Nintendo, Capcom, Konami, Sega). Activision is kind of hit and miss, as are companies like Rare, 2K, HAL, and Ubisoft. EA is definitely a "can't live with them, can't live without them" type of company. Probably my choice for the best developer of this era is Rockstar since I liked the GTA series and Red Dead Redemption is probably my favorite game for the XBox 360.

Recently, I've been expanding my horizons and checking out some of the games from developers like Bioware, Valve, and Infinity Ward. Thank God for used game retailers.

MagicToenail
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

17 Oct 2012, 8:44 pm

pawelk1986 wrote:
My favorite is the EA, although their products are terribly expensive, but worth their price.

Sims fans have a love/hate relationship with EA and nicknamed them " Enormous Assholes" but with the Sims, and Dragon Age, they are my favorite company left standing.

slovaksiren
Veteran
Veteran

17 Oct 2012, 9:02 pm

I used to be a bit of a Nintendo fan back in the day, but now I'm a really big fan of Valve, although it can take a long time for them to come out with games, the time and effort they put in the games really shows. I mean, long developing times can sometimes hurt the game like it did with Duke Nukem, but that was more due to poor time management, how one manages their time makes a huge difference.

Dantac
Veteran
Veteran

17 Oct 2012, 10:08 pm

Hmm it depends really.

Of all time but now defunct:

Origin systems (Wing Commander series, Strike Commander, Ultima, Ultima Underworld series)

Bullfrog (Syndicate, Magic Carpet)

Today I would say the only developer I still have any hope and trust is Square Enix (Final Fantasy series) but that is quickly fading away. Their products in the past 5 years have been abysmal and the original staff is no longer working with the company.

equestriatola
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Half of me is in the Washington state, the other Los Angeles.

17 Oct 2012, 10:09 pm

Nintendo for obvious reasons, Konami, Capcom. :D

The Canadian Football League - What We're Made Of

Feel free to talk to me, if you wish. :)

Every day is a gift- cherish it!

"A true, true friend helps a friend in need."

Laz
Veteran
Veteran

21 Oct 2012, 1:28 pm

Origin and Bullfrog were great in the 90's

Chris Roberts from Origin launched a kickstarter project recently which has promise

Paradox Entertainment are back in my good books after Crusader Kings 2 was released relatively b
game breaking bug free

Though im stilled pissed at them for not keeping tabs on Kerberos. Sword of the stars 2 was awful i should of taken the offer to get my money back

Kurgan
Veteran
Veteran

21 Oct 2012, 1:33 pm

Sierra On-Line

Magnus_Rex
Veteran
Veteran

21 Oct 2012, 1:54 pm

Troika Games. Unfortunately, not even Arcanum: Of Steamworks and Magick Obscura and Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines were enough to save the company.

Sorry for this terrible joke, by the way.

Civ001
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

21 Oct 2012, 2:20 pm

Paradox Interactive is one that I like. Althouhg their games are very buggy upon release so it is best to wait a month before they have been patched.

Michaelis
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

21 Oct 2012, 3:18 pm

Until they released WoW Cataclysm, I would have said Blizzard. However now I prefer Bethesda.

aussiebloke
Veteran
Veteran

21 Oct 2012, 9:25 pm

EA are you serious ? 8O

EA = Evil @ we are going to buy that great dev and shut it down, don't you just love cartels?

Knalraap
Butterfly
Butterfly

22 Oct 2012, 3:38 pm

Valve, Gearbox, Bullfrog (Dungeon Keeper was amazing) and Bioware.

Uprising
Veteran
Veteran

22 Oct 2012, 3:48 pm

Anyone who has written a stable "game maker" game and gives me the source files of it as open source for free.