Locked out of my Starcraft 2 account

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

Jono
Veteran
Veteran

29 Nov 2012, 2:39 am

I just tried to log into the Starcraft 2 forums to make a post and then all of a sudden I get the message "this account has been blocked due to suspicious activity". Now, the e-mail that got sent to me said that "this could happen because you logged in from a new location or it could mean that someone else is trying to hack into your account". Well, I did try to log into the forums from work but I've successfully posted from there before and I played the game and even got some achievements while I was in Bathhurst last Christmas, but the block only just happened now. When you go to the security page to recover your account, it asks verification by either asking for the CD key or to answer your battle.net security question. Now I've got the CD and box with the CD key written on it but it's at home, so that means that I can't recover my account until I get back home this afternoon which is annoying. I never play games at work, I just wanted to post on the forums.

Kyton
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

29 Nov 2012, 9:45 am

yeah they do that manually, so its normal that it took a bit to lock you, fraid theres nothing you can do about it til you get home.

Jono
Veteran
Veteran

30 Nov 2012, 5:46 am

I changed my password and got my account back.