Page 2 of 3 [ 37 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

The_Perfect_Storm
Veteran
Veteran

05 Dec 2012, 11:20 pm

ebec11 wrote:
I meant evil as in hard, but evil as in evil is fun to hear about too :)

Rapelay

:twisted:

Metaljordy
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

06 Dec 2012, 2:31 am

Ninja Gaiden 2 for 360, one of two games I've ever rage quit and haven't gotten back to it
I got to this worm tunnel snake boss, had trouble with it, found a good way online to beat him, did that, beat him, game froze, I said "f**k it" and returned it to blockbuster

the other being Final Fantasy XIII, the disc 2 final boss, been going at him for days, keeps killing me, finally just gave up, that was over a year ago.

I am surprised

The_Perfect_Storm
Veteran
Veteran

06 Dec 2012, 10:15 am

Metaljordy wrote:

the other being Final Fantasy XIII, the disc 2 final boss, been going at him for days, keeps killing me, finally just gave up, that was over a year ago.

which boss is that? On PS3 the whole game is on one disc so I have no idea.

Could it be Barthandelus by any chance?

CrystalStars
Veteran
Veteran

06 Dec 2012, 10:36 am

The_Perfect_Storm wrote:
Metaljordy wrote:

Orphan is the final boss, and I'll admit the end-game boss battles got a little difficult in XIII.

GoonSquad
Veteran
Veteran

06 Dec 2012, 5:19 pm

The Walking Dead: The Game...

Is making grown men cry evil?

I just spent 45 minutes sobbing like a woman after finishing episode 5.... Partially because it's over and partially because.... well, I won't spoil it.

Early on, I was frustrated by limited, Heavy Rain like game play, but by episode 3, I was hooked.

Lack of an open world is more than made up for with compelling characters and a great, twisted story.

...and if Clem doesn't melt your heart, you don't have one....

I cannot wait for season two.

abacacus
Veteran
Veteran

06 Dec 2012, 7:37 pm

I Wanna be The Fangame.

One of so very very few games that can reduce me to a ragelike state that The Incredible Hulk would cower in abject terror from.

You will reap what you've sown.

The_Perfect_Storm
Veteran
Veteran

06 Dec 2012, 7:51 pm

CrystalStars wrote:
The_Perfect_Storm wrote:
Metaljordy wrote:

Orphan is the final boss, and I'll admit the end-game boss battles got a little difficult in XIII.

There were 3 discs though weren't there? Or maybe it was just 2. I don't know.

KagamineLen
Veteran
Veteran

06 Dec 2012, 9:31 pm

I have started playing Trials HD last night.

I already have gold medals on most of the Beginner, Easy and Medium tracks, but now it is starting to get ridiculous.

Of course, the moment of brilliance that sparks in my mind when I finally get a move right makes it worth it to keep going on after a couple of hours of frustration.

It lays the sadism on me, and the promise of satisfaction at the end of the road keeps me coming back for more.

Of course, there is also the skill game where the goal is to fly off the bike down a massive flight of stairs and break as many bones as possible. That is high class right there.

DialAForAwesome
Veteran
Veteran

07 Dec 2012, 7:20 am

Milon's Secret Castle. 'Nuff said.

b9
Veteran
Veteran

07 Dec 2012, 8:29 am

i think that "games that allow for the option to behave in an evil (or unethical) way, and allow one to gain from unethical decisions are what i define as evil games.

it seemed that i needed the combination to a lock inside a vending machine that was an openable doorway to obtain ingress into a facility, and i searched everywhere for clues, but there were none.

one can interact on a basic level with civilians wandering about by c licking on them (would it not be wonderful if you only had to click on people in reality to get them to utter relevant details), but they usually tell me a sob story that i can not wait around to listen to, but sometimes someone will provide a clue.

i noticed a child of about 9 years old wandering around (it was night time), and so i clicked on him and he told me he was very hungry and had not eaten in days.

as it happened, i had many chocolate bars (> 30) in my inventory, and chocolate bars are almost useless because when i consume one i get 1 health point which is negligible to the extreme (nevertheless i can not resist picking them up where i find them).

when the child told me he was very hungry, i had 1 of 2 options to say to him. the first option was to say "gee. that's too bad. i wish you luck" (or similar), and the second option was to offer him a chocolate bar.

i saved the game before i offered him the chocolate bar (in case there was no benefit to me as a result), and then i offered him the chocolate bar, and he said a series of sentences in which the combination to the vending machine was revealed.

i thought "excellent value!". it then occurred to me that he had not yet eaten the chocolate bar so i produced my crowbar and i bludgeoned him once on the back of his head, and as his lifeless body fell to the pavement, the chocolate bar slid out of his pocket, and i collected it and went through the newly opened door to continue the mission.

that was unethical, but the chocolate bar was only nearly worthless. not completely
worthless, and so i had to defer to that reality as well.

in GTA 4, i spent the first few weeks of playing that game simply picking fights on the streets. even with old ladies lugging their groceries home.
i could not seem to focus on the actual game because i just liked running amok.
like hijacking a S.W.A.T vehicle and flooring it to the airport, and then smashing through the perimeter gates and dragging the pursuant police vehicles all the way down the runway, and then hitting the brakes and seeing police cars unable to stop before they careen into the water etc.
when i found a base ball bat, i went berserk for a few more days until i became bored with it, and then i played the game with respect to it's storyline.

Metaljordy
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

08 Dec 2012, 1:50 am

The_Perfect_Storm wrote:
Metaljordy wrote:

I believe so. He could go die in a fire :P

I am surprised

madbutnotmad
Veteran
Veteran

11 Apr 2021, 4:52 pm

The worst game I ever brought which I personally felt was Evil, in the truest meaning of the word.

Is a game called "Manhunt" which was released by the infamous Rockstar North games in 2003.
It is a game from the stealth and survival horror game genre.

And focuses on trying to survive in a realistic industrial environment which wasn't that dissimilar to the
environment that i was living in at the time (Liverpool UK).

What I found horrifying is that the weapons and scenario weren't too hard to realise in the real world.
The weapons were very accessible, and the people who were portrayed in the game looked identical to a lot of the
people who lived around me during that time.

The weapons were things like plastic bags, and shards of glass from a broken window, and other fairly easy to obtain weapons. The environments that the game was played in did indeed look very much like a run down area of Liverpool.

So, after a few nights of playing the game, I literally took the game back and asked to swap it for a different game.
As I could see myself getting too into this game, while being isolated in a rough area while studying at uni in Liverpool.

And I could start to see myself committing some of the disturbing crimes featured in this game.
I also grew up doing kenpo "street fighting" karate, and i would be extremely dangerous if armed with a bladed weapon, especially if using stealth strategic tactics...

So, yep. The game had to go. As i think during this time in particular, where i did find myself isolated, and living in what i perceived to be a volatile environment full of danger and dangerous people. i think the game could have quiet easily have spilled out into reality, and i may had done something horrific, which I did not deserve (even if the victims may have)... So save my soul, get rid of the game...

Like Grand Theft Auto games though. Which i believe were produced by the same game house.

OutsideView
Veteran
Veteran

Location: England ^not male but apparently you can't change it

12 Apr 2021, 4:22 am

^ I though "Manhunt" was quite a good game but I wasn't very good at it so never got very into it.

Aspiegaming
Veteran
Veteran

12 Apr 2021, 1:31 pm

Evil? Let me tell you about evil? There is nothing more evil in games than greed. I never got into the Free2Play mobile gaming market or regular mobile gaming in general due to such oversaturation of Free2Play games. You get about three seconds of gameplay before some stupid stamina bar has to charge and you'll have to wait for forty-something hours for it charge back to full OR you can spend real world money in order to charge faster or spend even MORE money to have it ready immediately. This process rinses and repeats itself until your bank account is depleted. If you're not interested in paying, the damn thing becomes a waiting simulator.

I get more enjoyment out of walking simulators than this crap.

If my darkness or eccentricness offends you, I don't really care.

I will not apologize for being me.

MissionDecison
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

26 Apr 2021, 12:48 pm

I haven't used this account in a while but I thought I'd give my two cents on this subject, as my mother has recommended to me that I rejoin this forum.

The most evil game I've every heard of or played, indeed I have beaten it, is Live-A-Live. It has become one of my obsessions admittedly. The title is a palindrome, meaning that it is spelled the same forwards or backwards, but that only appears on the title screen. LIVE A EVIL is how it really looks on said title screen. Let that be a warning to its actual contents...

You play as seven protagonists in a sci-fi fantasy setting, and the gameplay is basically a mix between Final Fantasy Tactics for the battle scenes/screens, and just your average RPG for the overworld. What is somewhat disturbing, you'll see why in a bit, is that the scenarios take place not in some fantasy world, but a magical-realist earth where you play as various people throughout a romanticized version of history. For instance, there is the old west chapter, and a feudal Japan chapter, etc.

This is where things get messed up. I'm going to use spoiler tags to censor this, as the following deals with endgame spoilers.

Trigger Warning: Suicide, demons

The final chapter that you unlock after beating all of the others is that of the fell knight, Oersted in the fictional medieval kingdom of Lucretia, which I think is actually Tuscany in northern Italy. There was an incredibly obscure adaption of this part of the game into a play, which identifies the setting as a certain Slavic country which I have confused in my mind with the other ones.

Anyway, Oersted loses his supposed lover to his best friend who tricked him into killing the king and driving everyone else against him. After the friend dies after a battle and the love interest kills herself. Oersted then sees no other option than to become the next Demon King, adopting the Latin word for hatred as his new name. He then proceeds to go through with the previous Demon King's unfinished master plan; to send various tyrants throughout history using these seven stone statues, all bearing a modified version of his new name.

Of course, the heroes defeat him in the end, but it is really a bummer ending, in my opinion.

Really messed-up game, but then again I took it to be almost real emotionally, and I even considered myself to be like Oersted for a time, which I regret. Still though, it contributed to my anger issues. I will probably have to post about my anger on another board here, although I am not sure which one that should be. Can I have some advice as to where would be an appropriate place to talk about anger?

charkie
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

05 May 2021, 11:16 am

Fantasia on Mega-Drive was a pure act of malice designed to trick all us kids who loved Castle of Illusion into buying something barely functional. I count that as evil.