Kerbal Space Program (KSP) does anyone play it

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

pawelk1986
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jan 2013, 1:35 pm

I bought KSP in August it the best game and have lot educational value and going better with every update.

This This game is simply meant just meat for Aspies, just give me big Intellectual CLIMAX :D

Laz
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jan 2013, 7:58 pm

Yes I bought it back in august too. Great sandbox game with a lot of potential the 0.18.2 update is fantastic.

I've recently landed on the munn but the poor Kerbin is now stuck there as I don't have enough fuel left to return him.

Tonight I've got my first basic space station into orbit. Could post screenshots if anyones interested?

Ambivalence
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jan 2013, 3:02 pm

Hehe, yes, I play it and love it - in fact, I've got a chronically underpowered (I dropped three engines out of six, in exchange for extra fuel) long range interplanetary ship making a long duration burn returning from Jool as I type. :) The outward bound burn took over half an hour... :D Technically I could drop the empty tanks but I've become fanatical about not leaving crap floating round on circumsolar orbits. :) The Gamble Gold slammed through the top of Jool's ridiculous atmosphere* to perform an aerocapture, wasted a huge amount of delta-v trying to hit Lathe orbit, failed completely to drop a probe into Lathe orbit as it passed, then had to burn furiously to avoid crashing back into Jool and instead slingshot by Tylo to head back insystem. Not a fine display of orbital mechanics but I'll do better next time...

I've not managed to develop a very useful spaceplane (or even aeroplane), and I've not managed an orbital rendezvous yet. I've been concentrating on long range crewed interplanetary missions with landers heavy enough to return to Kerbin by themselves... :)

*its predecessor, the Good as Gold, was lost with all Kerbals aboard when it attempted to aerobrake at a lower altitude.

The year is still young.

Laz
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jan 2013, 6:50 pm

Quote:
I've not managed an orbital rendezvous yet

Oh it does take awhile, but once you start to get a mastery of the art it opens up so many options.

I've had a lot of practice building my first station and staging a Munn rescue last night. The rescue mission involved an orbital interception between the lifeboat in orbit and the stranded Lander having to use the last of its fuel to make a sub-orbital jump. Then having Jeremiah Kerbin EVA over to the other ship before it went plummeting back into the surface of the Munn.

Saved the lifeboat having to land, pick up the stranded Kerbin and expend fuel launching off again.

The Space Station so far is only just to toy around with. I'm going to build another station that will be a staging area for manned inter-planetary missions.