Page 1 of 1 [ 16 posts ] 

pawelk1986
Veteran
Veteran

07 Mar 2013, 2:29 pm

Today was release day in Poland and Europe (without UK) i waiting for the game for months but i can't play the game is complete unplayable.

Next time i think twice before i buy something from EA.

The probably censor this:-) But i want express my feeling

BTW: New SimCity is great game but the server is MOCKERY!! !

Ichinin
Veteran
Veteran

07 Mar 2013, 3:13 pm

I've heard too much negative about it and are skipping Sim sh***y.

Single player games shouldn't have to go online to start, this is error 37 all over again.

eelektrik
Veteran
Veteran

07 Mar 2013, 3:44 pm

The problem is, Sim City is no longer a singleplayer focused game, which is a huge design flaw to begin with but the fact that they didn't get enough servers and/or bandwidth to run it is even dumber.

I still dislike the whole 'social' focus of the new SimCity, from what I have read you can do a private region and play by yourself but it becomes significantly more difficult to juggle multiple cities since the game expects you to build cities in regions with other players and exchange resources. Problem with that is if someone decides to delete their city, everyone that was getting resources from them has their city go to hell in a hand basket as their infrastructure takes a nose dive due to the resources its no longer getting. Whoever thought that was acceptable needs to be fired.

Laz
Veteran
Veteran

07 Mar 2013, 5:20 pm

The warning signs were all there this was going to be a total farce. No sympathy to people who actually bought this POS urination on the sim city franchise

Even amazon has stopped selling digital copies of the game :lol:

Laz
Veteran
Veteran

07 Mar 2013, 5:28 pm

BTW

Jerricko
Raven
Raven

08 Mar 2013, 12:03 pm

THQ is dead, hopefully EA will go next :twisted:

Ichinin
Veteran
Veteran

08 Mar 2013, 1:00 pm

https://www.change.org/petitions/electronic-arts-inc-remove-always-online-drm-from-simcity-and-future-games

Zodai
Veteran
Veteran

08 Mar 2013, 1:16 pm

Since when DOESN'T this happen on release day? :lol:

*Back to EO4*

Author/Writer

RaspberryFrosty
Toucan
Toucan

08 Mar 2013, 11:58 pm

Sim City 6 would be non existent because that's the Sims 2 gameplay. :lol:

I've heard Sims 4 is going to be online like the new Sim City and if that is the case, I certainly won't be buying it. I play The Sims 3 and even though our profiles from the websites can be connected to our game, I usually opt out of the social aspects of that.

Nexis4Jersey
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

10 Mar 2013, 3:46 pm

Actually Sim City 4 has , Small , Medium which is 4 small tiles , and Large which 4 meduim tiles.... You have a random regional generator or you can make your own region. The Max size depended on your computer , the game is also moddable. Over the last 10 years the Sim City community has created over 46,000 different mods , buildings , layers etc. We've added new mods of Transportation like Flex highways , Trams and High Speed Rail. So SC4 is very flexable , instead of adding to that EA decided to take most of that stuff out in the lastest game and reduce size , the regional play is all messy. SC4 there were no gaps between cities it kept going...

[img][800:673]http://i1204.photobucket.com/albums/bb419/swm666/regionoverview1.jpg[/img]

aleclair
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

10 Mar 2013, 5:08 pm

They rushed this game to release, shipped it with tons of bugs (some of which potentially break the game), and the question of whether the mod community will save it (as they did to SC4) is still up in the air. The word is modding will most likely not be supported on this one because EA's going to make it microtransactions-based & introduce a cash shop into the game.

All in all, the new Simcity is fun, but it doesn't look like it will have the extraordinarily long shelf life as SC4. It was absurd all the possibilities introduced in SC4... at least when the bugs were fixed and technology caught up. Here, it;s like... you create one city, what do you do... create the same city over again after?

Nexis4Jersey
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

10 Mar 2013, 11:39 pm

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_cCL0T2pVP8[/youtube]

Misery
Veteran
Veteran

11 Mar 2013, 12:35 am

......I find it very hard to take someone like that seriously. All he's doing is screaming into the mic..... over and over and over and over again. It's like watching an ill-behaved toddler flip out for no good reason.

The thing about the whole Simcity issue is..... people need to JUST FREAKING WAIT A BIT. Give the game 2 weeks.... and THEN come back to it. Frankly, I cant take any reviewer seriously if they're reviewing it RIGHT FREAKING NOW. The server issues are temporary, and Simcity sure as heck is not the first to have this sort of problem...... nor is it the worst. I do alot of online PC gaming, and I've seen worse than this. I know EA themselves kinda blow, as does everyone else. Which actually makes this MORE baffling. People should have gone into this EXPECTING this to happen, and should have considered this when making their purchase. Hell, that's what I did. I had pre-ordered the game, but I knew..... I *knew*..... that I likely wasnt going to be playing it much, if at all, during the first couple weeks or so, because EA was going to have SOME sort of incident.

I, however, can wait a couple more weeks. I have no problem... or anger... over that fact. I've already waited 10 freaking years for another game in this series, as has everyone else.... another 2 weeks is nothing. If even that; I see that more and more are able to play it properly now, with fewer and fewer issues. I already paid for the game, and it's not going anywhere, and will be there waiting for me when things are good and ready to go, so.... there's little reason for me to get angry whatsoever. ......and hell, since I pre-ordered, I had to wait for the game for awhile ANYWAY, as does anyone that pre-orders. Waiting a little longer wont freaking kill you.

For now, as this sort of game goes, I'm just mostly playing Anno 2070 (which is bloody amazing), and I'll jump into this one when the servers are less loopy.

eelektrik
Veteran
Veteran

11 Mar 2013, 9:07 am

Misery wrote:
......I find it very hard to take someone like that seriously. All he's doing is screaming into the mic..... over and over and over and over again. It's like watching an ill-behaved toddler flip out for no good reason.

The thing about the whole Simcity issue is..... people need to JUST FREAKING WAIT A BIT. Give the game 2 weeks.... and THEN come back to it. Frankly, I cant take any reviewer seriously if they're reviewing it RIGHT FREAKING NOW. The server issues are temporary, and Simcity sure as heck is not the first to have this sort of problem...... nor is it the worst. I do alot of online PC gaming, and I've seen worse than this. I know EA themselves kinda blow, as does everyone else. Which actually makes this MORE baffling. People should have gone into this EXPECTING this to happen, and should have considered this when making their purchase. Hell, that's what I did. I had pre-ordered the game, but I knew..... I *knew*..... that I likely wasnt going to be playing it much, if at all, during the first couple weeks or so, because EA was going to have SOME sort of incident.

I, however, can wait a couple more weeks. I have no problem... or anger... over that fact. I've already waited 10 freaking years for another game in this series, as has everyone else.... another 2 weeks is nothing. If even that; I see that more and more are able to play it properly now, with fewer and fewer issues. I already paid for the game, and it's not going anywhere, and will be there waiting for me when things are good and ready to go, so.... there's little reason for me to get angry whatsoever. ......and hell, since I pre-ordered, I had to wait for the game for awhile ANYWAY, as does anyone that pre-orders. Waiting a little longer wont freaking kill you.

For now, as this sort of game goes, I'm just mostly playing Anno 2070 (which is bloody amazing), and I'll jump into this one when the servers are less loopy.

Thing is, he isn't serious. Sad thing is, he seems to think he is funny and that he was some sort of satirical internet comedian, which he isn't either.

Regarding SimCity. When a game comes out, it is fair game for a reviewer to review the game immediately, and server problems even if expected by many people who follow the game industry are still worth deducting points from scores and complaining about. The fact that you tolerate it is the baffling thing here. Expecting server issues is okay? I think people expecting the game they just bought to function and being angry when it doesn't is perfectly valid and I hope EA gets sued over this and for not offering refunds.

It doesn't matter if it will be fixed if people 'just freaking wait a bit'. You release a product in stores, it better damn well work when you release it or suffer the consequences of angry fans and bad PR because if anyone should have expected it, it should have been EA themselves and they should have taken precautions to ensure that it didn't happen.

Misery
Veteran
Veteran

12 Mar 2013, 1:57 am

eelektrik wrote:
Misery wrote:

Thing is, he isn't serious. Sad thing is, he seems to think he is funny and that he was some sort of satirical internet comedian, which he isn't either.

Regarding SimCity. When a game comes out, it is fair game for a reviewer to review the game immediately, and server problems even if expected by many people who follow the game industry are still worth deducting points from scores and complaining about. The fact that you tolerate it is the baffling thing here. Expecting server issues is okay? I think people expecting the game they just bought to function and being angry when it doesn't is perfectly valid and I hope EA gets sued over this and for not offering refunds.

It doesn't matter if it will be fixed if people 'just freaking wait a bit'. You release a product in stores, it better damn well work when you release it or suffer the consequences of angry fans and bad PR because if anyone should have expected it, it should have been EA themselves and they should have taken precautions to ensure that it didn't happen.

Fair enough, but my stance on this remains. I've seen this sort of thing before.... *often*. I've seen situations muuuuuuuuuch worse.... and less well handled.... than this. Online games have these sorts of issues at launch MOST of the time. This is something I've learned from being primarily a PC gamer. .....and that's exactly WHY I'm so bloody baffled that people act like they're SURPRISED at this situation. I pre-ordered the game KNOWING.... not guessing, ***KNOWING***... that this would happen. I had 0% surprise over this, because I had expected and planned for it. I'm not saying that it's OKAY for this, but all of the "holy freaking crap I cant BELIEVE this is happening because this like NEVER happens anywhere else EVER so these guys are terrible!! !!11" attitudes get on my nerves, particularly when explosive server problems at launch are COMMON among new online games on PC. Not rare..... common. I've lost track of the number of times I've seen and dealt with it. More people should have thought of this fact BEFORE buying, taking it into account before making such a purchase. They ALSO should have taken into account that this is EA; such an issue was basically inevitable with them (as in, zero chance of it NOT happening, whereas with others there is always the chance that they MIGHT get it right), as is their bad handling of it. Another thing which should have been taken into account BEFORE purchasing. That's why I have no sympathy for those that bought it and are now freaking the hell out. Making a pricey purchase like this without researching things and using logic is, to me, bloody stupid. Server issues like this are definitely dumb, and are often handled in moronic ways, but..... that, right now, is just a fact of how online games often work on PC.

It's not "okay" that these things happen the way they do, but there are some things which you have to just accept as simple fact and just deal with it, and this is one of them.

....and really, what does all of the screaming and yelling accomplish? I am simply waiting patiently for it to be repaired, myself. What I get in this situation is a mere delay, and then I have the game and can play it as often as I want when it IS fixed, and no further problems, aside from occaisional bugs. And it's not THAT bloody long of a delay. But what are others getting out of this? A ton of screaming and rage, anger and hate, and above all.... stress. AND, because they're letting the anger drive them, some are likely to ditch a game that they might have otherwise really enjoyed, had they simply waited long enough, regardless of how bloody stupid the situation was. I've had this happen in the past.... where I miss a game around launch because "BLARGH BLARGH WHY ISNT THIS WORKING THIS IS LIKE SO STUPID I WONT PAY THESE GUYS A DIME", and then I dont touch the game for a long time.... until I buy it maybe a year later, try it, and find out "Holy CRAP this is good.... and I missed out on it that long because I got mad at it?". And in the particular case I'm thinking of, it turned out that the problem that had angered me was fixed about 1 week after I dropped it. Just one week. All that the anger did was, instead of giving me a delay of one week, it gave me a monstrous delay of ONE YEAR..... and nothing else. There was literally zero benefit to me freaking out at it at that time, which is when I first realized that such an attitude (and such a reaction) was completely pointless. But there WOULD have been plenty of benefit to me just being patient instead.

I guess my long and rambly point is.... it's unfortunate that this sort of thing has to happen, but regardless, it still happens.... flipping out and screaming wont accomplish ANYTHING (particularly with a publisher like EA... you think the corporate guys there CARE?). But waiting and just doing something else might.

BlueMax
Veteran
Veteran

12 Mar 2013, 2:27 am

Say NO to multiplayer!

Simcity was never multiplayer and never should be.

...although now I want an old copy of SC4!