Keeping track of your video game collection

Page 1 of 1 [ 16 posts ] 

How do you keep track of your video game collection?
Microsoft Excel 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Microsoft Excel 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Databases such as the following: Access, MySQL, MariaDB, SQL Server, and Open Office.org Base 4%  4%  [ 1 ]
Databases such as the following: Access, MySQL, MariaDB, SQL Server, and Open Office.org Base 4%  4%  [ 1 ]
Using a notebook and a pencil or a pen 4%  4%  [ 1 ]
Using a notebook and a pencil or a pen 4%  4%  [ 1 ]
Online 8%  8%  [ 2 ]
Online 8%  8%  [ 2 ]
Other 21%  21%  [ 5 ]
Other 46%  46%  [ 11 ]
Total votes : 24

bomjet2012
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

21 May 2013, 12:50 am

I usually keep track of my video game collection, by using relational database management systems software (RDBMS). Plus, I use these kinds of software to keep track of my video game systems, such as the Nintendo 64 (N64), Super Nintendo (SNES), and the Nintendo (NES).

redrobin62
Veteran
Veteran

21 May 2013, 1:21 am

My goodness. How many games do you have?

staremaster
Veteran
Veteran

21 May 2013, 1:24 am

I never have that many functional games at one time. Sometimes I don't take good care of them, but many times consoles and games go kaputt of their own accord. I dusted off my old N64 last year and it was totally bricked. I had a copy of MGS 3: subsistence on PS 2, not a scratch on it, it commits seppuku on the second loading screen. Oddly, my old NES still works, it's like the AK-47 of home entertainment.

bomjet2012
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

21 May 2013, 1:31 am

redrobin62 wrote:
My goodness. How many games do you have?

More than 100 video games.

Zodai
Veteran
Veteran

21 May 2013, 3:58 am

A majority of mine are all on one giant shelf.

I've probably amassed 200 over the years. (Got my first system about 11 years ago)

Author/Writer

Sciuridae
Veteran
Veteran

21 May 2013, 4:20 am

I have a drawer for all of my portable cartridges; (GBA, DS, etc.) and a CD case for my console games. My console cartridges are sitting on a shelf.

Due to the fact that I have physical copies of all of my non-Steam games, (and that I do not have a very large collection,) I don't need to organize them in Excel or otherwise.

SabbraCadabra
Veteran
Veteran

21 May 2013, 4:58 am

Once upon a time, I had an HTML page that listed all of my console/handheld games.

That was a long time ago, and I can't imagine the length of time it would take to catalogue my current collection @_@

zer0netgain
Veteran
Veteran

21 May 2013, 5:51 am

I use Excel for my CD music collection.

I don't keep many games after I've played them through. Few are deemed worthy of saving for replay.

lacycurtains
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

21 May 2013, 7:08 am

I never throw away the boxes or anything; the games are shelved or stored in totes in 'families'.

Andras
Veteran
Veteran

21 May 2013, 3:29 pm

I have never kept track of all my video games, that would be waaaaay too much work. I got 3 boxes full of Amiga and DOS floppies, a drawer with Nintendo 64 and Gameboy color games, 5 cd racks with PSX and PC games and 4 DvD racks with Wii, Gamecube, Playstation 2 and PC games.

AScomposer13413
Veteran
Veteran

22 May 2013, 6:02 am

As it sits right now, my library isn't big enough to warrant keeping track of them outside of what I see physically. When it gets to that size, though, I'll probably put 'em in a Word document or something.

Then I have done my job

Sora
Veteran
Veteran

22 May 2013, 1:58 pm

"Other"

I simply know all of my games and where they are in our apartment. I don't know how many there are exactly without recalling and counting every title but there should be about 200-250.

Things like that get stuck in my memory on their own which is why I don't need to bother with keeping track of my collection in any other way. I knew all of my games and CDs and play cards and such well before I finally managed to memorise my address and the order of the Latin alphabet in secondary school.

MakaylaTheAspie
Veteran
Veteran

Location: O'er the land of the so-called free and the home of the self-proclaimed brave. (Oregon)

22 May 2013, 2:06 pm

I probably have well over 150 games with all my systems put together, but I don't really keep track of them. :shrug:

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

25 May 2013, 10:50 am

I've done it in the past. I don't keep updated.

Daughter: NT, no diagnoses.

Tross
Veteran
Veteran

26 May 2013, 1:03 am

Well, I can't say off the top of my head how many games I have, but it's a lot, especially if I were to add up my digital downloads as well.. I just remember what I have. That's one thing I couldn't possibly forget. I could also usually tell you how I acquired each game, whether it was a gift, or whether I acquired it myself. I may or may not be able to tell you what year, or who got it for me if it wasn't me, but I sometimes can, and can usually remember whether it was a birthday or Christmas gift. I bought the majority of my collection, mind you, so I may have difficulty telling you exactly when I did, but I can narrow it down to a certain period of time. I don't have any of the above written down, but I do keep track. I can't say I really think about it though. It just happens.

Ambivalence
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jun 2013, 3:56 pm

I don't keep overall track of mine. Anything I'm currently playing, or have bought but not yet played, gets some kind of obvious reminder places where I can see it, then either deleted or kept if it's really good.

The year is still young.