Post an idea for a game you want to be developed, here.

Page 1 of 2 [ 21 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Patrick22348
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

20 Oct 2023, 9:15 pm

Post an idea for a game you want to be developed, here.

Patrick22348
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

20 Oct 2023, 9:29 pm

Iraqi Battle Masters.

Iraqi Battle Master is a tactical/realistic first-person shooter based on the conflict in Iraq and the rise and fall of ISIS between 2011 to 2017. Play as one of two factions; The Iraqi Army or The Islamic State on numerous large-scale battles, with up to 72 other players. Mimic the major battles during the last decade, such as the fall of Mosul.

Themes

Realistic Gunplay, shoot through walls with realistically portrayed weapons. Good spraying is large part of the game.

Slow-paced.

Destructible Environments.

Simple "Push" Objective.

Low Poly 3D graphics for s**t computers.

Simple, realistic game with a few maps.

Capture the nuances of Iraqi - Isis warfare, with suicide bombs, bulldozers, tanks, etc.

Fight massive, pitched battles.

Last edited by Patrick22348 on 21 Oct 2023, 12:08 am, edited 2 times in total.

Patrick22348
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

22 Nov 2023, 7:30 pm

A WoW 2.0

Azeroth is to be remade, the game leaves off right after the WOTLK.

The game will have the following layers.

Leveling. There will no longer be exclusive leveling zones in WoW, or players can choose to go in any zone, however some zones are harder and require better gear. Open world Mobs will no longer be static npcs, but rather move to different places, use different moves, everything is randomized, mobs use a system similar to Shadow of Mordor franchise where mobs which kill players become the leader of their group, dropping higher rewards etc. Players will have a chart of current mob bosses, and will try to kill them accordingly.

Building. A system similar to Valheim is available for players. Players are expected to gather rare resources like wood and steel to construct buildings and objects to jump and elevate themselves, also building barricades etc. Every capital city will have designated areas for players to build structures once they aquire certain level. Player building is required to access npcs and objectives. Parkour is a side skill that players have to learn, something similar to fortnite or minecraft.

Minigames. Main city's and certain areas should have unique mini games. Mini games range from something like an in game bejeweled or candy crush to something like tetris, to unlock certain chests, etc. Mini games should provide a form of addictive leisure for players who want to take a break from other activities.

Excavations. Designated places have excavation dungeons which are instanced areas where a group of players can dig and explore subterranean or otherwise underground areas. Players who dig deeper will face more powerful mobs whilst unlocking more and more rewarding items. Each realm will have their individual excavations.

Aspiegaming
Veteran
Veteran

22 Nov 2023, 7:41 pm

I think the time is right for a new Spawn game. With gameplay like Batman Arkham and Insomniac's Spiderman mixed with God of War and Devil May Cry.

If my darkness or eccentricness offends you, I don't really care.

I will not apologize for being me.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

22 Nov 2023, 8:38 pm

Fantasy Life

Essentially, it's a fantasy MMORPG that doesn't oblige the player to pursue the adventurer life. When one initially creates their character they'll almost certainly start as a peasant, a labourer or an apprentice. Different home cities might grant a few different skill sets as well.

The basic idea is to be able to play the game mundanely, with gameplay that somewhat resembles MMO version of Harvest Moon or Stardew Valley.

However, players would also have the option to break out of their initial role, either by changing to a different one of the three starting roles, or by trying to become an adventurer.

If one focuses on the adventurer's life the game starts to resemble a more traditional MMORPG. One aspect I'd like to incorporate is player-focused factions, where low-level players are encouraged to seek out higher level players as overlords, meanwhile higher level players benefit from having lots of lower level players as vassals. Overlords would need to pay lower-level players, and players who have gained enough levels might want to consider breaking away from their overlord.

Warriors might be a separate class for adventurers who have attached themselves to a player-led faction.

Another element would be that the 'mundane players', in order to not deal with having their gameplay constantly interfered with by roaming adventurers and monsters, would have a system by which to hire different overlords and their forces, basically balancing their desire to keep all of their income vs. the need for defence.

Ideally, if enough 'mundane players' in an area do a bit of fighting they'd be able to defend their homes without paying for it, but this would limit their ability to make money compared to specializing on the more mundane parts of life.

Players should be able to make money by engaging in trade of rare items as well, moving them to areas of scarcity from areas where they're more common.

For adventurers and warriors the gameplay is mostly lower level stuff, even for the highest level players. Conflicts would be driven by the actions of higher level players and the factions that they rule over, as well as actions within those factions. The mundane players might agitate for their rulers to secure access to some resource that will benefit them economically, leading to the faction's warriors having to fight for control of it.

The healing castes might form another distinct branch, where warriors, adventurers and mundane characters all have to hire them when needed, or on a long-term basis. They might form into factions as well, possibly with different rules regarding use of force and methods of atonement for breaking those rules.

All-and-all the goal would be to create a game where the social and simulation aspects are as important as the role-playing and combat aspects. Differing play styles would strongly be encouraged, to the point it might not even be the same game for different players, but their actions still impact each other, even if not directly.

One final element would be permanent death being inevitable. It's not an ideal game for people who want to invent a much cooler alt-version of themselves to permanently identify with, unless they're prepared to deal with that character eventually dying. Since more of the conflict is PC driven, it's necessary that sometimes one of those high level characters (and a bunch of their underlings) kick the bucket.

Having squabbles for leadership, power vacuums, etc seems like a way for the players actions to drive the world's story, as opposed to the people running the game imposing storyline changes on the player base.

"If you stick a knife in my back 9 inches and pull it out 6 inches, there's no progress. If you pull it all the way out, that's not progress. The progress is healing the wound that the blow made... and they won't even admit the knife is there." Malcolm X
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

RedDeathFlower13
Veteran
Veteran

22 Nov 2023, 8:53 pm

A Night of the Living Dead video game done in the style of Resident Evil. :heart:

Aspiegaming
Veteran
Veteran

22 Nov 2023, 9:17 pm

RedDeathFlower13 wrote:
A Night of the Living Dead video game done in the style of Resident Evil. :heart:

The film is public domain. It can be done without too much legal hassle.

Patrick22348
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

23 Nov 2023, 1:13 am

funeralxempire wrote:
Fantasy Life

Essentially, it's a fantasy MMORPG that doesn't oblige the player to pursue the adventurer life. When one initially creates their character they'll almost certainly start as a peasant, a labourer or an apprentice. Different home cities might grant a few different skill sets as well.

The basic idea is to be able to play the game mundanely, with gameplay that somewhat resembles MMO version of Harvest Moon or Stardew Valley.

However, players would also have the option to break out of their initial role, either by changing to a different one of the three starting roles, or by trying to become an adventurer.

If one focuses on the adventurer's life the game starts to resemble a more traditional MMORPG. One aspect I'd like to incorporate is player-focused factions, where low-level players are encouraged to seek out higher level players as overlords, meanwhile higher level players benefit from having lots of lower level players as vassals. Overlords would need to pay lower-level players, and players who have gained enough levels might want to consider breaking away from their overlord.

Warriors might be a separate class for adventurers who have attached themselves to a player-led faction.

Another element would be that the 'mundane players', in order to not deal with having their gameplay constantly interfered with by roaming adventurers and monsters, would have a system by which to hire different overlords and their forces, basically balancing their desire to keep all of their income vs. the need for defence.

Ideally, if enough 'mundane players' in an area do a bit of fighting they'd be able to defend their homes without paying for it, but this would limit their ability to make money compared to specializing on the more mundane parts of life.

Players should be able to make money by engaging in trade of rare items as well, moving them to areas of scarcity from areas where they're more common.

For adventurers and warriors the gameplay is mostly lower level stuff, even for the highest level players. Conflicts would be driven by the actions of higher level players and the factions that they rule over, as well as actions within those factions. The mundane players might agitate for their rulers to secure access to some resource that will benefit them economically, leading to the faction's warriors having to fight for control of it.

The healing castes might form another distinct branch, where warriors, adventurers and mundane characters all have to hire them when needed, or on a long-term basis. They might form into factions as well, possibly with different rules regarding use of force and methods of atonement for breaking those rules.

All-and-all the goal would be to create a game where the social and simulation aspects are as important as the role-playing and combat aspects. Differing play styles would strongly be encouraged, to the point it might not even be the same game for different players, but their actions still impact each other, even if not directly.

One final element would be permanent death being inevitable. It's not an ideal game for people who want to invent a much cooler alt-version of themselves to permanently identify with, unless they're prepared to deal with that character eventually dying. Since more of the conflict is PC driven, it's necessary that sometimes one of those high level characters (and a bunch of their underlings) kick the bucket.

Having squabbles for leadership, power vacuums, etc seems like a way for the players actions to drive the world's story, as opposed to the people running the game imposing storyline changes on the player base.

An MMORPG with the economic aspects of harvest moon, or stardew family is something that is definitely technically very feasible and surprisingly not common for the major MMORPGs. The only meaningful example I can think of is Runescape with farming and player housing, but they are just minor parts of the game. I can picture a softer game, where a new player works eventually he will have enough for his own plot of land to make something, and grow and farm his crops. He can build a small house amongst others, and otherwise hang out in social town halls that binds players together, role play and provide ambience. The farming aspect of the game means alot of time is idle time, so the player can engage in social activities. There is infact an example in WoW called the Darkmoon Faire, which is a virtual theme park for players to hang out which I think is an example of a good social town hall.

A game that allows players to chill, customize their plot/housing instead of being forced to do quest and raids is something that is very appealing. Amongst this adding things like in game player journals (so players can record notes and ledgers), relaxing ambience so players don't feel overwhelmed, and a political system with a mayor and players being able to vote for different things, and a system where skill wise weaker players can also contribute in battles, as opposed to stronger players just axing everyone.

Aspiegaming
Veteran
Veteran

26 Nov 2023, 11:09 am

A JRPG like the classic Final Fantasy games but it allows free roam and jumping on the battlefield to allow dodging enemy attacks during the enemy's turn.

Mikurotoro92
Veteran
Veteran

26 Nov 2023, 2:10 pm

I want to develop my own Indie games but I don't know where to start!

So I am starting with STEM video game creation tools like Little Big Planet and the Nintendo Labo kits

NibiruMul
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

12 Dec 2023, 7:01 pm

I remember in high school, I came up with an idea for a Britney Spears video game. It had Tomb Raider-like controls and gameplay, and it involved some rather weird stuff. Most of involved Britney trying to get her kids back from her ex-husband, Kevin Federline aka "K-Fed". One level had Britney going to K-Fed's house (which was located in the middle of a forest) to rescue her kids. The level had a boss battle against K-Fed's mother. After Britney beats K-Fed's mom, she gets sent to a hospital for the next level where she had to escape and avoid being spotted by the nurses. The game also had different costumes for Britney to wear (such as her schoolgirl outfit from Baby One More Time) and different hairstyles (including her shaved head).

I wrote it all down in a notebook, but unfortunately I don't have that notebook anymore. I still remembered a lot of my ideas, though.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jan 2024, 11:01 pm

So, this would probably be preferable to introduce as a mode to an existing title, but make it so you can host 6 on 6 tournaments in NHL, with every player covering a single position rather than controlling the entire team.

Ideally, this mode would be played first-person instead of third-person.

"If you stick a knife in my back 9 inches and pull it out 6 inches, there's no progress. If you pull it all the way out, that's not progress. The progress is healing the wound that the blow made... and they won't even admit the knife is there." Malcolm X
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

Harmonie
Raven
Raven

17 Jan 2024, 10:15 pm

A marching band simulator. lol

I used to want to be a band director. I would have a lot of fun with it.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

08 Feb 2024, 5:06 pm

Dance Dance People's Revolution

Combine DDR with a political simulator. Use your dance moves to empower the proletariat masses to overthrow tyranny.

戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

Aspiegaming
Veteran
Veteran

08 Feb 2024, 5:20 pm

funeralxempire wrote:

Combine DDR with a political simulator. Use your dance moves to empower the proletariat masses to overthrow tyranny.

Would it be something like this?

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

08 Feb 2024, 5:45 pm

Aspiegaming wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:

Would it be something like this?

Possibly. :lol:

戦争ではなく戦争と戦う