Which versions of games should I buy on PC or console?

Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

muslimmetalhead
Veteran
Veteran

29 Sep 2013, 7:43 pm

Pondering wrote:
PC if you want more out of your games due to reasons mentioned above. I've spent 200-300 hrs playing Skyrim on console, but about 300 more on the PC due to mods, and I haven't even got that far. By the way, Steam sales are not always the best. There are a bunch more sales going on at Green man gaming and other sites daily, and a lot of them are better priced than Steam sales. If you plan to save, PC gaming is the way to go. I have no idea why people tolerate the high price of such weak systems as current gen consoles and discs.

prolly cuz it's the norm and they're used to it..,

RetroGamer87
Veteran
Veteran

30 Sep 2013, 8:11 am

PC is good for stuff like Nvidia 3D Vision and Nvidia Surround

Consoles are good for split screen multiplayer

Misery
Veteran
Veteran

30 Sep 2013, 8:28 am

muslimmetalhead wrote:
Pondering wrote:
PC if you want more out of your games due to reasons mentioned above. I've spent 200-300 hrs playing Skyrim on console, but about 300 more on the PC due to mods, and I haven't even got that far. By the way, Steam sales are not always the best. There are a bunch more sales going on at Green man gaming and other sites daily, and a lot of them are better priced than Steam sales. If you plan to save, PC gaming is the way to go. I have no idea why people tolerate the high price of such weak systems as current gen consoles and discs.

Not to mention that alot of people really dont think of the "long term" benefits; what they think of with PCs, particularly gaming rigs, is "Holy crap, that thing is EXPENSIVE. I'd have to buy one that just isnt good for gaming, so I'll get a console instead".

Making it worse, alot of console gamers know absolutely nothing about PC gaming, which includes what can and cannot be found on it.

Misery
Veteran
Veteran

30 Sep 2013, 9:46 am

muslimmetalhead wrote:
Pondering wrote:

Not to mention that alot of people really dont think of the "long term" benefits; what they think of with PCs, particularly gaming rigs, is "Holy crap, that thing is EXPENSIVE. I'd have to buy one that just isnt good for gaming, so I'll get a console instead".

Making it worse, alot of console gamers know absolutely nothing about PC gaming, which includes what can and cannot be found on it.

muslimmetalhead
Veteran
Veteran

30 Sep 2013, 12:15 pm

right, i know that a gaming computer IS more expensive than a console(and DON'T tell me that it's cheaper for the hardware, that's just not right), but people ARE willing to pay 100s each year for the latest new gadget...I think the iPhones have proven that...But I think an iPhone is mainstream enough to be "cool", if you know what I'm saying...I mean an expensive computer's just a nerd machine, but "idevices" or smartphones or whatever are cool, and also no one gives a sh!t abt customizability because they have never experienced (i.e. they're used to it) it and also have no idea how to configure it...it's kind of like Obamacare lmao...you either have it fixed for you, but you're only set with what you got, or you have more freedom, but at the cost of your ignorance.

Freedom to choose vs safety and comfort...that is the eternal question.

Also consoles are about making games affordable for your illegal immigrant cousin

SabbraCadabra
Veteran
Veteran

30 Sep 2013, 8:54 pm

muslimmetalhead wrote:
no, my arguments for console is that my library hands out console games...for free...and i don't have 20 bucks for each game man, nor a ton of time for waiting for steam sales...though, yeah, i love PC customization

When you put it that way, not sure why you're even asking =)

Pay money for a prettier version of a game you will beat in five hours and never play again...or borrow it from the library for free?

JamXmed
Raven
Raven

02 Oct 2013, 7:42 pm

RetroGamer87 wrote:
PC is good for stuff like Nvidia 3D Vision and Nvidia Surround

Consoles are good for split screen multiplayer

so basically, PC is for the anti-socials who fake social behavior through online gaming while consoles are the so called "casual gamers" who are better off with just going and getting candy crush for their Iphone. ;)