So, I bought a Logitech Extreme 3D Pro, but...

Page 1 of 1 [ 10 posts ] 

Thatmew
Veteran
Veteran

13 Oct 2013, 11:06 pm

I have no idea what games might be for it. It was an impulse buy because it turned out to be only 15 dollars or so on clearance. It feels nice, but I have no idea to play with it.

I have GOG, no steam, and would be willing to browse Sourceforge. I would prefer to spend nil.

Kinme
Veteran
Veteran

13 Oct 2013, 11:16 pm

Racing games? I have no idea, lol.

Thatmew
Veteran
Veteran

13 Oct 2013, 11:25 pm

Kinme wrote:
Racing games? I have no idea, lol.

I tried Re-Volt, but that didn't work so well.

redrobin62
Veteran
Veteran

13 Oct 2013, 11:37 pm

I have a Genius Twin Wheel F1. I play any Need For Speed games as well as Euro Truck Simulator, Scania Simulator and Test Drive Unlimited.

The main problem I have with the wheel is its sensitivity. I turn it down to its lowest point in the games, but when you turn left and right, your vehicle swings too far to either side. You end up hitting guard rails or other vehicles all the time.

SabbraCadabra
Veteran
Veteran

14 Oct 2013, 8:14 am

I always enjoyed Descent and Red Baron a lot more with a joystick. I don't know if there's an easy way to use a USB joystick with DOS games, though.

Flight Unlimited, Apache, and LHX Attack Chopper seemed cool too, but I only played the demos.

I used to play Wolf3D, DOOM, and games using those engines using a joystick, but that was before I discovered the importance of strafing.

UndeadToaster
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

14 Oct 2013, 10:26 am

Flightgear (free) or X-Plane (not free)
Both flight simulators, as you may have guessed haha. Actually any flying game you could use it with probably, and better than a mouse/keyboard.

Thatmew
Veteran
Veteran

14 Oct 2013, 2:02 pm

SabbraCadabra wrote:
I always enjoyed Descent and Red Baron a lot more with a joystick. I don't know if there's an easy way to use a USB joystick with DOS games, though.

Flight Unlimited, Apache, and LHX Attack Chopper seemed cool too, but I only played the demos.

I used to play Wolf3D, DOOM, and games using those engines using a joystick, but that was before I discovered the importance of strafing.

I had Flight Unlimited. As for getting a joystick to work in DOS, that's simple with the joy of DOSbox.

SabbraCadabra
Veteran
Veteran

14 Oct 2013, 6:00 pm

Yeah, I couldn't remember if I couldn't get USB gamepads to work at all in DOSBox, or if I just couldn't get their virtual keymapper to work.

Thatmew
Veteran
Veteran

14 Oct 2013, 6:49 pm

UndeadToaster wrote:
Both flight simulators, as you may have guessed haha. Actually any flying game you could use it with probably, and better than a mouse/keyboard.

Is there a way to remove the complexity/'hardness' from Flightgear?

UndeadToaster
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

21 Oct 2013, 4:51 pm

Thatmew wrote:
UndeadToaster wrote:

Is there a way to remove the complexity/'hardness' from Flightgear?

There are tutorials built in for some aircraft like the Cessna Skyhawk. But it's hard to get the hang of, no doubt. I'm still intimidated by it heh.