Are there girls who like to play Video Games?

Page 5 of 5 [ 69 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Moviesftw4
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

23 Feb 2014, 3:28 pm

I think it's hilarious when a girl gamer gets on mic and all the guys try to act all like they're hard and bad asses. It's either that or they are total douche bags towards them. A family friend of mine who is female pretended to be a guy on Xbox Live for years to avoid being ridiculed, she would even go as far as deepening her voice. As of a year ago, she now has "Girl Gamer" as her motto cause she no longer cares.

mr_bigmouth_502
Veteran
Veteran

24 Feb 2014, 2:50 am

WolfLonely1 wrote:
I've always liked to play videogames a lot with my brother.
Mostly: war, fantasia, fighting and action adventure games.
Younger I played a lot Pokemon and Super Mario games on Nintendo Gameboy, Gamecube, DS and Gameboy Advance SP.
I have a lot favourite games, so hard to say.
But some of them are:

- Halo series
- Ghost Recon
- Medal of Honor - Frontline
- The legend of zelda Wind Waker and Zelda Minish cap.
- Pokemon Colosseum
- Dead or alive 3
- Blood wake
- Ratchet & Clank
- Sly Cooper series
- Worms 3D
- Super smash bros melee

They are all my "old" games. I'm just so lazy to buy new games.
So, I mostly play my old games.
Younger I had Nintendo 64 and in that few car games, Pokemon Snap and Super Mario 64.
And I've played Megaman and Spy vs spy on Nintendo NES. Damn, I miss these old games.
First games which I played on Xbox was Halo combat evolved and Halo 2. I was really young back then, but I still loved to play these games with my brother!

You have good taste in games. :D I always like seeing younger gamers giving classics a chance, instead of just playing the latest overhyped Call of Assassin's-field whatever.

Andras
Veteran
Veteran

24 Feb 2014, 4:18 pm

Moviesftw4 wrote:
I think it's hilarious when a girl gamer gets on mic and all the guys try to act all like they're hard and bad asses. It's either that or they are total douche bags towards them.
That's unfortunately the case, especially in big competitive driven communities where the average age is rather low.

Some guys pretend to be the opposite gender online to get guys to do stuff for them(such as giving them items). I still don't understand why some guys suddenly go "OMG A GURL MUST HELP HER!! !". Who cares.

Schneekugel
Veteran
Veteran

26 Feb 2014, 7:07 am

Moviesftw4 wrote:
I think it's hilarious when a girl gamer gets on mic and all the guys try to act all like they're hard and bad asses. It's either that or they are total douche bags towards them. A family friend of mine who is female pretended to be a guy on Xbox Live for years to avoid being ridiculed, she would even go as far as deepening her voice. As of a year ago, she now has "Girl Gamer" as her motto cause she no longer cares.

I have experienced it quiet otherwise, but I think its recognizable from my voice, that I am less a girlgamer and more a womangamer. So specially the smaller ones normally get into an "behave yourself" mode, in the way of: "You cant say Kackboon, in the presence of an 30+ woman." XD

structrix
Veteran
Veteran

26 Feb 2014, 11:35 am

Which is the reason why I am LOATHE to speak on voice chat. I really do not want to deal with idiots when I am trying to just enjoy myself.

I am an Aspie!
Diagnosed as an adult