Page 1 of 4 [ 55 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Keniichi
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jan 2014, 12:36 am

Which do you like better, and why?
My mom is determined to get me a new console(for once), for my birthday, and I wanted to know which to get. (Hoping some ppls responses will help me choose).

newageretrohippie
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jan 2014, 1:17 am

I want both for different reasons...but for right now I wish I could get an XBox One since Microsoft sent me a code for a free copy of Killer Instinct and a code for a McLaren ( doubt I spelled that right.... ) in Forza 5. As long as I have at least one of the 2 before KH3 & FF15 come out...

darkfuji
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

01 Jan 2014, 7:04 am

I honestly can't recommend either of the consoles, the companies practises are not something i can stand behind.

Venger
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jan 2014, 7:34 am

Get either a PS4 or Nintendo WiiU(unless of course you've already got one).

Anxiety
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

01 Jan 2014, 8:48 am

Microsoft will always make better hardware, that's why i chose the Xbox 360 over the PS3 Back then.
Play station has always been extremely overrated (IMO...), often people just assumed since its by a "Japanese" Corporation it must be more advanced, while the majority of the Sony staff are Caucasian.

Also the Xbox One specs are higher than the PS4, which is all you should need too know which one too buy, it also has better exclusives according too the majority. (Fact)

TL:DR= Choose the X-one. :D

Fisplen
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jan 2014, 8:59 am

Honestly? I'd get what most of Your friends are getting, but I've stuck with Playstation all my life, my main console as a kid was the PS2, my main console now is the PS3, which I've had since it came out 8 years ago, I'll be getting a PS4 next year when more games are out for it and its cheaper.

Just a tip, we all saw the true face of Microsoft when they tried to push for non-tradeable games back early in 2013.

Anxiety
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

01 Jan 2014, 9:03 am

Fisplen wrote:
Honestly? I'd get what most of Your friends are getting, but I've stuck with Playstation all my life, my main console as a kid was the PS2, my main console now is the PS3, which I've had since it came out 8 years ago, I'll be getting a PS4 next year when more games are out for it and its cheaper.

Just a tip, we all saw the true face of Microsoft when they tried to push for non-tradeable games back early in 2013.

WOW,They tried to prevent Piracy.
Fudge them right?

Venger
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jan 2014, 9:10 am

PS1's the only Sony console I'd consider way overrated. To be fair though the PS2 was slightly overrated a little bit cause of having the most overhyped console launch ever for one thing.

Fisplen
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jan 2014, 9:15 am

Anxiety wrote:
Fudge them right?

Dude, there was no point Piracy would have gotten through anyway, there a lot of smart people out there who know how to get past tricks like this.

Anxiety
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

01 Jan 2014, 9:22 am

Fisplen wrote:
Anxiety wrote:
Fudge them right?

Dude, there was no point Piracy would have gotten through anyway, there a lot of smart people out there who know how to get past tricks like this.

There is a way too get through anything,
and also if Microsoft passed this "Law" if they found an X-One That has been modified too play used games that would be considered a violation of the terms of condition's, which they could be imprisoned for.

Reducing piracy if not completely demolishing it, I doubt anyone would be Dumb enough to pirate a dumb game and get imprisoned.

Tollorin
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jan 2014, 12:04 pm

Anxiety wrote:
Microsoft will always make better hardware, that's why i chose the Xbox 360 over the PS3 Back then.
Play station has always been extremely overrated (IMO...), often people just assumed since its by a "Japanese" Corporation it must be more advanced, while the majority of the Sony staff are Caucasian.

Also the Xbox One specs are higher than the PS4, which is all you should need too know which one too buy, it also has better exclusives according too the majority. (Fact)

How come better hardware? I give you that the CPU is a little bit faster for the XBox One, but the GPU is faster for the PS4. The PS4 also got the faster GDDR5 memory. So far on multiple platform releases the PS4 outperform the XBox One in term of resolution. The PS4 will propably get better exclusive as time go on too, if the last generation is any indication. (Unless you like the overflow of FPS. :roll: )

joku_muko
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jan 2014, 4:07 pm

I'm getting a PS4 once they release some games for it.

Tross
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jan 2014, 4:28 pm

Anxiety wrote:

You're joking right? The only time MS had better hardware than Sony was with the original xbox. The 360 may have seemed better at times, since it was easier to program for, but in reality that couldn't be further from the truth. This time around, the ps4 not only has better hardware but it too is easy to program for, so no one can possibly have the same misconception with it. What planet are you living on? If you're being sarcastic, I would recommend putting a /s in your post, because we can't hear your tone of voice when we read it.

As for the exclusives, I will concede that there are grounds to prefer xb1's lineup for the time being, but if you look at future releases, Sony has way more on the way than MS, and neither system is really that great for the time being. Plus, you have to pay for Kinect with the xb1, whether you want it or not, which is why it's more expensive. If the OP wants my honest opinion, I say, wait a little while to invest in either system, but if I had to choose, I would say to get a ps4, and maybe get a wiiu if you want a second system. By the way, I'm not actually trolling the xb1. If it's what you want, get it for the exclusives it offers. None are substantial enough for me to be interested in it, but there is merit there for some.

thomas81
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jan 2014, 9:16 pm

Anxiety wrote:
Also the Xbox One specs are higher than the PS4

Uhm, thats a blatant falsehood. The PS4 has higher RAM for one thing (8GB DDR5).

Thats partly why the PS4 is the only console that got a port of Battlefield 4 that is faithful to the PC version.

Secondly, the Xbone may have exclusives, but big deal, so does the PS4.

What matters is whose exclusives are the best. IMO the main gun in the Xbox's arsenal is Halo 5 but even thats over rated. PS4 still has Driveclub, Metal Gear Solid 5 and Little Big Planet 3 on the way, wait till you see that.

Another thing is that I like Sony's commitment to hard media and blu ray discs. I don't like Microsofts insistence that downloads are the future and trying to ram that down our throats.

My deviant art profile

Schneekugel
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jan 2014, 4:45 am

Anxiety wrote:
Fisplen wrote:

Fudge them right?

Giving away MY property, that I payed regularly for, to someone else is NOT about piracy. Its something that I fully have the right to do with MY property, that I regularly payed for. If I buy a bike, and I fully paid it and its in MY property, then the bike company does not have any right to influence themselves, if I sell that bike second hand to a friend of mine. If I kept my bike, but copied a second one, write the brand name on it, and sold this second one to a friend of mine, THAT was piracy. But selling my property to someone else is not.

So taking away my right to own about my own property is not about piracy, its about a company illegally trying to force on me their will, how I shall use MY property. This is criminal and illegal, and right - fudge them.

When it comes to technical details, it has already been proven by all type of gaming-testers, that the Playstation has more technical power. So the things you should care for is more about games that are only offered on one console, and as someone mentioned, what will your friends have, if you want to play with them.

Because of the actual lack of games for the new console, I´d simply ask my mom to give me a bon on my birthday for a new console, and then wait a few months, until there are more games and more of your friends have chosen a console.

Bradleigh
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jan 2014, 5:20 am

Schneekugel wrote:
Giving away MY property, that I payed regularly for, to someone else is NOT about piracy. Its something that I fully have the right to do with MY property, that I regularly payed for. If I buy a bike, and I fully paid it and its in MY property, then the bike company does not have any right to influence themselves, if I sell that bike second hand to a friend of mine. If I kept my bike, but copied a second one, write the brand name on it, and sold this second one to a friend of mine, THAT was piracy. But selling my property to someone else is not.

So taking away my right to own about my own property is not about piracy, its about a company illegally trying to force on me their will, how I shall use MY property. This is criminal and illegal, and right - fudge them.

But it also steals a sale could have been made, making a sale that does not give any money back to the industry. I was reading that resales actually in general rise the price of the standard game for everyone, games are usually over $80 here in Australia.

And why are we still fighting over it when it was shown that Microsoft were in the know from responses to change?

In truth there probably is no good answer other than look at what franchises will be on either, and people you know have. Personally I am probably going for the One to carry over my gamertag, thus my account.