Page 2 of 4 [ 55 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

WorldsEdge
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

02 Jan 2014, 6:39 am

Anxiety wrote:
Also the Xbox One specs are higher than the PS4,

Eh? Which specs are these? On the stuff that kinda sorta matters, at least to me, it seems like the PS4 wins. As in, more RAM and better resolution. I say "kinda, sorta" because I'm personally not 100% convinced that the human eye can really notice a huge difference in-game between, say, 720p vs. 1080p...which from what I understand is how COD:Ghosts is rendered on the XBox One vs. the PS4. Still I guess it is something I'd rather have than not have, ceteris paribus and all that.

The Kinnect is probably a better sensor than than the PS4 equivalent, and the XBox would probably do a better job as your home media center, but I'm personally not interested in either feature. My small apartment would make using the kinnect kind of a hazard physically. And I have no cable or Netflix subscription. And, candidly, if I did have a Netflix subscription I could just as easily use my Blu-Ray player. These features might matter to some, but they're not all that important to me. YMMV.

Quote:
which is all you should need too know which one too buy, it also has better exclusives according too the majority. (Fact)

Aside from the Halo franchise, what exclusives? And there's no release date for Halo 5 even set yet.

"The man who has fed the chicken every day throughout its life at last wrings its neck instead, showing that more refined views as to the uniformity of nature would have been useful to the chicken." ? Bertrand Russell

WorldsEdge
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

02 Jan 2014, 6:53 am

thomas81 wrote:
Another thing is that I like Sony's commitment to hard media and blu ray discs. I don't like Microsofts insistence that downloads are the future and trying to ram that down our throats.

You sure about that? My son got a PS Vita for Xmas, and when I was setting it up for him the vibe I got was that the SEN (the artist formerly known as the PSN) was pushing d/l'd content big-time. I realize this is off-topic, sorry, since it has nothing directly to do w/the PS4, but it sure seemed to me like that is the direction Sony is heading as well, as a sort of corporate philosophy.

"The man who has fed the chicken every day throughout its life at last wrings its neck instead, showing that more refined views as to the uniformity of nature would have been useful to the chicken." ? Bertrand Russell

thomas81
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jan 2014, 7:32 am

WorldsEdge wrote:
thomas81 wrote:
Another thing is that I like Sony's commitment to hard media and blu ray discs. I don't like Microsofts insistence that downloads are the future and trying to ram that down our throats.

You sure about that? My son got a PS Vita for Xmas, and when I was setting it up for him the vibe I got was that the SEN (the artist formerly known as the PSN) was pushing d/l'd content big-time. I realize this is off-topic, sorry, since it has nothing directly to do w/the PS4, but it sure seemed to me like that is the direction Sony is heading as well, as a sort of corporate philosophy.

The PS Vita is a different kettlefish due to the engineering practicalites of a handheld console. I think its a shame that the PS Vita didnt retain UMD's or some sort of HD re-imagining of it. I really think Blu Ray with be with us till PS5 or even PS6.

I think Microsoft are still butthurt cause they lost the HD war.

My deviant art profile

Raspberry
Butterfly
Butterfly

02 Jan 2014, 6:37 pm

I have to admit, I'm still stuck several months in the past. I still think of the Xbox One as it as in Spring. To me it's still that pretty much download-only console that spies on you and always needs to be connected to the web.

Even besides that though, I haven't ever had any specific draw to the Xbox consoles. There's never any exclusives that pop my interest. Most of the games are shared with the PS consoles so I get Playstation's.

zer0netgain
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jan 2014, 9:51 am

If I but another console, I'd probably go PS4.

I have the Xbox360. At the time, it had more content I wanted. No real regrets.

The problem is that the XboxOne is mostly about high-def gaming and total integration with the TV. UTTERLY POINTLESS as more and more "smart TVs" are hitting the market.

The PS4 seems dedicated to gaming as its chief function, and that's what has my attention.

I used to be an avid PC gamer, but having to worry about hardware compatibility and specs to play the latest game was getting to be a pain. Console gaming made it much easier. Since, to me, the point of the console is GAMING, I want to go with the one that's focused on it and not trying to be a jack of all trades.

modernmax
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jan 2014, 10:59 am

PS1-No competition there, it just obliterated Nintendo and Sega out of proportion.
Xbox-Had a lot more and a lot funner games than the ps2.
PS3- Online was free, and I slightly prefer the exclusives over the 360
PS4-online features are by far better, much more games, and more advanced hardware, which helps to run all of our more awesome games. Going with Sony on this one, they've made three great consoles so far, to Microsofts 1.

Venger
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jan 2014, 11:37 am

modernmax wrote:
PS1-No competition there, it just obliterated Nintendo and Sega out of proportion.

lol you're going to hell for that. j/k

black_legion
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

03 Jan 2014, 1:03 pm

Honestly, in my opinion you're probably just better off getting a PC until the prices go down because they're just ridiculous at the moment. For $/£500 You could buy a fairly decent PC that would run most things at a decent framerate and resolution. Not only that the games are so much cheaper.

newageretrohippie
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jan 2014, 2:17 pm

modernmax wrote:

Perspective, dood. PS2 had the RPGs ( only ones I can recall on Xbox worth caring about were the KOTOR games & Jade Empire ) and Ratchet & Clank. Xbox did have great games too, but PS2 had many of the same games plus tons of RPGs.

Tross
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jan 2014, 3:03 pm

newageretrohippie wrote:
modernmax wrote:

Perspective, dood. PS2 had the RPGs ( only ones I can recall on Xbox worth caring about were the KOTOR games & Jade Empire ) and Ratchet & Clank. Xbox did have great games too, but PS2 had many of the same games plus tons of RPGs.

Yeah, the xbox did not have more games. It did have some quality exclusives, so if you prefer those games to the ps2's, then all the power to you, but to say that it has more games is a blatant falsehood, since the ps2 had more exclusives than all its competitors combined.

AspieOtaku
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jan 2014, 6:32 pm

PS4! [youtube]http://http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mZItu6omNRI[/youtube]

No matter where I go I will always be a Gaijin even at home. Like Anime? https://kissanime.to/AnimeList

Bradleigh
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jan 2014, 9:10 pm

AspieOtaku wrote:
PS4! [youtube]http://http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mZItu6omNRI[/youtube]

What does that prove? That people are still sticking to their biases about the negative press the Xbox One got early on? That a lot of general public from Christmas just decided to buy the slightly cheaper console? That there was a difference in shipment numbers? I don't think it would be fair to bring up my impression I got of the guy in the video, he did not sound very sophisticated.

It is kind of like no matter what, whenever there is a discussion on consoles you will get PC elitists who must say how amazing their custom built machine is.

modernmax
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jan 2014, 2:20 am

newageretrohippie wrote:
modernmax wrote:

The early games of Xbox were known for their quirky, creative style of gameplay and design. Sadly, even though they were pretty fun to play, a lot of them did not sell good enough to make more. A few I can name are Fusion Frenzy, Whacked, Azurik, Armed and Dangerous, Brute Force, Kung Fu Chaos, Tao Feng, Mad Dash Racing, Toejam and Earl 3 (Genesis exclusive for last two games, now 3d) and Oddworld: Munch's Oddysee(PS1 exclusive for last two games, now 3d.) See, they had quite a few good games to play.

legomyego
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

04 Jan 2014, 5:43 am

PS4....

Xbox Done....is like asking the nsa to have a permanent residence in your home...

And aside from the privacy factor....the PS4 controller is very comfortable (at least for me...big improvement over previous versions of dualshock)

Xbox done controller is cheap feeling...and not much if anything was added to it from the 360...+they kept the AA batteries? what the heck were they thinking with that...lithium ion is common place now...and you're paying $100 more and they want you to buy a batter pack or a ton of batteries?

only reason to pick an XBOX one....is if you are big into cable/satellite television.....because it has some features that the ps4 doesn't have....and is more of a home media center....

ps4 has so far proven to be the better performing system (BF4)

ps4 looks 10000x better than the xbox done....and will take up about half the room....

no power brick on ps4...I don't think?

also....checkout the exclusives....and see which ones you like better...(clearly I fall into the ps4 camp on this as well...)

that's about it...PC is still better then both....but we don't have as many high budget exclusives...for these kinds of prices though (400-500) you can pick up a decent gaming computer....so that should be an option in your thinking maybe if you don't already have one...

and as others have said...wii u is pretty good console as well....though nowhere near as powerful....and Nintendo is pissing me off..(though maybe not the rest of you) they pump the same garbage out and recycle it and say its new.....tired of it...though I would still like to own a wii u. (Why didn't they come up with a different name....it's not like the nes/snes.....those were similar....wii u is pretty different than the wii..)

Bradleigh
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jan 2014, 6:09 am

legomyego wrote:
Xbox Done....is like asking the nsa to have a permanent residence in your home...

And aside from the privacy factor....the PS4 controller is very comfortable (at least for me...big improvement over previous versions of dualshock)

Good call, Sony does have a good track with privacy. Remember that time Microsoft network got hacked and all of the personal information got leaked? It is a terrible thing that Microsoft put in a device necessary to work all of the time that can apparently see through all conventional items that might be placed in front of the camera. It is such a risk.

legomyego
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

04 Jan 2014, 6:50 am

did I say sony had a good track record? oh...guess not it appears you did not read my post...or chose to extrapolate your own take into it...

either way I could care less...xbox done's Kinect is very advanced camera/microphone/sensor is very advanced...it's there for one reason and one reason only...record data on its users...xbox done is a marketing machine that's why Microsoft has regular meetings as of late with the same data collection firms and advertisers as youtube and facebook.

it might work very well...I would hope it does given the price...but very few games will use the Kinect in any way.