Not motivated to get back to Terraria.

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

DailyPoutine1
Veteran
Veteran

02 Feb 2016, 6:09 pm

I had bought Terraria like 5-6 months ago.

I made a large world because I like things big and even though it took long I got through because it was fun. Anyways it took me about 40 hours stretched over half a month to get settled with full palladium gear, a true night's edge with the best modifier, some really OP accessories and a roomful of rare dyes.

I stopped playing for a while because I was bored and I didn't know about cloud saving at thew time. One day, my computer had some really weird bug where I couldn't do anything so I had to format it.

Now you guessed it, my old Terraria save is gone. The thing is now I actually want to play the game again but I don't want to start all over again and have to go through all the same gigantic caves, do everything again and go through all the pain in the ass things that took so much efforts to triumph and complete.

Wether it be the spooky skeleton dungeon, that f*****g underground jungle biome or spending hundreads of grands just to get a sh***y modifier in the end!

TheExodus
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

02 Feb 2016, 8:24 pm

I hear you. I feel the same way when I want to go back to a game that I haven't played in a while or that I'm kind of stuck with (DA;I or Witcher 3, namely). Personally, I find it fun to go back and start all over. I always find it frustrating, but there's one thing to bear in mind; you've gone through it once, it's not like you can't do it again. You may even do better next time, if that's possible.

I think the alternative is to see if you can rip somebody's world or character, and just use that to get you boosted forwards a bit. Then you can kind of shape it to how you want it. Either way, I think there's always ways to get around these things.

DailyPoutine1
Veteran
Veteran

02 Feb 2016, 8:37 pm

TheExodus wrote:
I hear you. I feel the same way when I want to go back to a game that I haven't played in a while or that I'm kind of stuck with (DA;I or Witcher 3, namely). Personally, I find it fun to go back and start all over. I always find it frustrating, but there's one thing to bear in mind; you've gone through it once, it's not like you can't do it again. You may even do better next time, if that's possible.

I think the alternative is to see if you can rip somebody's world or character, and just use that to get you boosted forwards a bit. Then you can kind of shape it to how you want it. Either way, I think there's always ways to get around these things.

I get you there, I played The Witcher III 3 times and on the third time I tried out NG+ to see how it would be and turned out its almost impossible even on normal and my saves ar all gone so I probably won't buy Blood and Wine :lol:
Also I have like at least 5 Skyrim character and everytime I start a new game 6 months to one year after.

But the issue here isn't that Terraria is such an hard game, its just that everything takes so long to do. First you have to get hundreads of the same ore to get a gear set and everytime you restart you have to go through the same stuff again and it takes loooooooooong and you have to spend hours digging a hellevator then make a long pathway in hell while making sure to get lots of keys from the spooky skeleton dungeon so you can loot chests. Later when you've killed the Wall of Flesh (Wich is easy to be honest) you have to dig a big square hole all around your world to prevent the corruption to ruin your world and its always the same!

You have to spend hoursgoing through the same long stuff over and over to get good stuff its mandatory or else you'll be stuck with basic gear and won't be able to do other things you want to!

Anyways I guess I could just use an injector to get a full palladium set with the accessories I had if I can remember the name and rush to the WoF.

TheExodus
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

02 Feb 2016, 8:46 pm

DailyPoutine1 wrote:
TheExodus wrote:

I get you there, I played The Witcher III 3 times and on the third time I tried out NG+ to see how it would be and turned out its almost impossible even on normal and my saves ar all gone so I probably won't buy Blood and Wine :lol:
Also I have like at least 5 Skyrim character and everytime I start a new game 6 months to one year after.

But the issue here isn't that Terraria is such an hard game, its just that everything takes so long to do. First you have to get hundreads of the same ore to get a gear set and everytime you restart you have to go through the same stuff again and it takes loooooooooong and you have to spend hours digging a hellevator then make a long pathway in hell while making sure to get lots of keys from the spooky skeleton dungeon so you can loot chests. Later when you've killed the Wall of Flesh (Wich is easy to be honest) you have to dig a big square hole all around your world to prevent the corruption to ruin your world and its always the same!

You have to spend hoursgoing through the same long stuff over and over to get good stuff its mandatory or else you'll be stuck with basic gear and won't be able to do other things you want to!

Anyways I guess I could just use an injector to get a full palladium set with the accessories I had if I can remember the name and rush to the WoF.

Yeah, I need to get back to playing Witcher 3. I might get the DLC in the future...once I actually complete the main game, that is (so much to do, so little time).

Anyway, I understand your gripes with the game. I know it's a struggle to lose everything and have to start all over again. It's best to look for alternatives to skip forward. I haven't played Terraria in quite a while now so I don't really know exactly what it's like, but do whatever you need to do to get yourself ahead if you feel it necessary.

I hope you can find a way. Take care. :D