What do you name your Skyrim character?

Page 1 of 2 [ 21 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Abstract_Logic
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jan 2014, 9:54 am

I usually try to match my character's name with the race I choose. If he's a Breton, I choose a Breton name, and if he's Argonian, I choose an Argonian name, and so on. The following web site comes in handy when I need to generate a name for my character. http://fantasynamegenerators.com/ 8)

RPG enthusiast
Has OCD, social anxiety, CPTSD

Anxiety
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

01 Jan 2014, 10:04 am

I have two characters, a Wood Elf That is a very good archer "Artremis" I also have a Nord Warrior i named "Horace" i think it suits Them well.
Its hard too describe too someone how a name doesint sound right for something. :roll:

GoonSquad
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jan 2014, 11:03 am

My one and only ever Skyrim character is a Nord barbarian named Nanoc Goreblade. I'll let you figure out where the name came from.

Bradleigh
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jan 2014, 12:35 pm

I have used my gaming handle (Dusky Sunset which was a High Elf), some random fantasy names I made up ("Nippet Floffy" the Kahjit, "Leila Vie" the Imperial and "Emmilaret Faefii" the Breton), and occasionally one which sounded like the race (some Nord name I can't recall easilly). And I named one game after Lucy Heartfilia, an anime character.

Well the random fantasy names are actually characters I had wrote in various stories, which I thought might be fun to role play as. Nippet Floffy, him being a cat person with sniper skills and a hunter of people working under the empire. Leila Vie, she being a vampire and a preference to other girls, sadly not able to make her childlike for the role play. And Emmilaret Faefii being a mage who rellies entirely on her magic and her fighter ally, wearing necromancer like clothes and with a preference of the dark, but kind.

I was actually playing as Emmilaret partially to help what I am writing, an idea to imagine what my character would think.

Abstract_Logic
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jan 2014, 12:48 pm

Bradleigh wrote:
I have used my gaming handle (Dusky Sunset which was a High Elf), some random fantasy names I made up ("Nippet Floffy" the Kahjit, "Leila Vie" the Imperial and "Emmilaret Faefii" the Breton), and occasionally one which sounded like the race (some Nord name I can't recall easilly). And I named one game after Lucy Heartfilia, an anime character.

Well the random fantasy names are actually characters I had wrote in various stories, which I thought might be fun to role play as. Nippet Floffy, him being a cat person with sniper skills and a hunter of people working under the empire. Leila Vie, she being a vampire and a preference to other girls, sadly not able to make her childlike for the role play. And Emmilaret Faefii being a mage who rellies entirely on her magic and her fighter ally, wearing necromancer like clothes and with a preference of the dark, but kind.

I was actually playing as Emmilaret partially to help what I am writing, an idea to imagine what my character would think.

That's really cool. :)

RPG enthusiast

transformingcar
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jan 2014, 12:53 pm

I keep changing my characters names with the console commands. but I usually play as Orc's and use WarCraft style Orcish names. like, Grag'Nok. or Gnash'Thok.

Pondering
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jan 2014, 1:37 pm

Ogren Naughtnice

Because he's an orc/ogre with dreadlocks and he isn't nice. Don't tell him that though.

dcj123
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jan 2014, 6:36 pm

I had a dark elf named Malak named after Darth Malak from knights of the old republic. I don't know why I named my character after star wars, at the time it felt elf like.

Threore
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

02 Jan 2014, 3:11 pm

I always pick names that fit the race, there have been name generators and name lists since at least morrowind so I often look around in those and maybe tweak them a bit. Often I play a Breton and I just pick any french sounding name I like.

Vertex
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

02 Jan 2014, 5:05 pm

My Breton Vampire is named Shade Walker.

That world will cease to be

- Miraak's Mantra

limping2victory
Raven
Raven

03 Jan 2014, 7:56 pm

I forgot what I named some of my previous Skyrim characters, but my current Khajit character is called Stepwise after a character I created when I used to be a Dungeon Master.

newageretrohippie
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jan 2014, 11:23 pm

I only have the one character and I named her the same thing I usually name my female characters: Hitomi.

Abstract_Logic
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jan 2014, 12:28 am

Pondering wrote:
Ogren Naughtnice

Because he's an orc/ogre with dreadlocks and he isn't nice. Don't tell him that though.

Haha. Any chance the name Ogren was borrowed from the dwarf companion in Dragon Age: Origins?

RPG enthusiast

EthantheScout
Butterfly
Butterfly

10 Jan 2014, 10:57 pm

Named my Khaijit character McDerpington.

PicaPica
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

19 Jan 2014, 6:10 pm

My character is called Viktor. He's a big fluffy Khajiit. To me he'd be Russian on Earth, so I thought the name matched.

Marky9
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jan 2014, 4:37 pm

Omg, I feel like a neglectful parent for never bothering to name my Skyrim characters. So to be a better person I have started a new game and named my Nord: Sven.

Yes, it is a totally unimaginative name for a Nord, but I am going here for progress not perfection. :)