Page 1 of 1 [ 9 posts ] 

epiccolton26
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

03 Mar 2014, 5:33 pm

I remember watching some Death Battle videos and I really didn't like it, it was kinda fun to watch, but it really was not that cool to me because it just seemed to be your typical "X vs Y" kind of animations and videos. Plus, everybody goes nuts in the comments. But do I have to like it? Because a lot of people seem to.

Last edited by epiccolton26 on 03 Mar 2014, 5:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

sacrip
Veteran
Veteran

03 Mar 2014, 5:44 pm

Yes, you do have to like it. If everyone else likes something, then you have to like it, too. It's the rule. So make yourself like it.

(See how dumb that sounds? Like what you want. But it also sounds like you're a sore loser cause YOUR guys didn't win.)

epiccolton26
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

03 Mar 2014, 5:55 pm

sacrip wrote:
But it also sounds like you're a sore loser cause YOUR guys didn't win.

I kinda feel stupid saying that now...

lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

03 Mar 2014, 6:02 pm

I watch Death Battle and I like it, even though I'm clearly female and usually feel like I'm the only one watching. But yeah the arguments and flame wars in the comments are pretty obnoxious, like the one where Mario fought Sonic and Sonic won. Apparently I'm the only one on the whole who didn't really care and actually like both characters! But no, of course you don't have to like something just because other people do. I almost always have zero interest in whatever nonsense everyone else is babbling about around the cooler. "Hey, did you hear Canada won a gold Olympic medal in hockey?" "Only about 5001 times". :roll:

I did, however, once reply that having a Blanka vs. Pikachu episode was like making a real, non-electrified mouse battle a jaguar on steroids. :lol:

epiccolton26
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

03 Mar 2014, 6:09 pm

lostonearth35 wrote:
But yeah the arguments and flame wars in the comments are pretty obnoxious, like the one where Mario fought Sonic and Sonic won.:

Will have to agree with you there, the fanboys sometimes go over the top about it. One guy even went to the point of commenting "#SUCKITMARIOFANS" even though it really didn't provoke and fans of Mario (Though I am 100% sure there are Mario fanboys as well as Sonic ones.).

micfranklin
Veteran
Veteran

04 Mar 2014, 10:36 am

They're very entertaining because people who fantasize about matchups with characters from different universes can finally see them happen for the most part. Luke Skywalker vs. Harry Potter was a good one to me.

HelixShade
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

09 Mar 2014, 1:05 pm

Honest answer? No, not really. The guys are just as prone to making research errors in their fights as much as Deadliest Warrior is.

modernmax
Veteran
Veteran

09 Mar 2014, 2:49 pm

All you have to do is be born, breathe, pay taxes and die. So no you don't have to like it, and trying to won't change it.

I like UCF more, don't care as much for Death Battles, but they're alright.

TheBraveSirRobin
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

11 Mar 2014, 5:08 am

I don't think that Death Battles is a stellar example of video game entertainment, but at the same time they are sort of ok. Really I just like it whenever they do a fighting game character vs. fighting game character episode because that kind of episode actually makes some sort of sense. Any other type of matchup just doesn't make sense to me. The commentary itself suffers from what I would call the ScrewAttack/Machinima syndrome of YouTube gaming videos that is easily identifiable by a complete detachment between the nature of the content being presented and the tone of the commentary, usually sounding like it's trying way to hard to play things up in and be ridiculous in videos that are actually more educational than anything else, and doesn't sound honest, organic, or even remotely close to being unscripted. The only group/production company that makes videos like ScrewAttack or Machinina that I have enough respect for to be subscribed to is RoosterTeeth, because while Achievement Hunter occasionally release videos with downright stupid commentary, at least they don't try to razzle dazzle anyone with it And about the flamewars, the amount of time I've on YouTube and the rest of the internet has left me well prepared to not care at all.