Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

LordDarkrai
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

19 May 2014, 2:43 pm

Is anyone else into this series? I got into it thanks to Persona 3/4 and the two Devil Survivor games. Those games got me to preorder SMTIV last year, the moment I played it, I became a fan. I love the demon system with the negotiation, fusion, and the more brutal battles. I also love the idea of choosing one of the three factions to shape the world, each one provides so much replay valve.

seaturtleisland
Veteran
Veteran

19 May 2014, 10:43 pm

I've only played Shin Megami Tensei: Nocturne so far. I loved it though. It was probably the best game I've played in the last decade even if that isn't saying much considering what I've played.

I've heard people complaining about it's difficulty but it's not difficult. At least not on normal. When I first played the game I was punished a little bit for not being familiar with the game but that's why I played on normal and it still wasn't a big deal. At first I didn't know that the moves dekaja and dekunda existed so I obviously didn't have them and that made Matador more difficult than he could've been if I negated his agility upgrades. Now I know better. The game doesn't deserve it's reputation for being difficult.

musician_enigma
Raven
Raven

20 May 2014, 5:41 am

Yes I am. Very recently did a full playthrough of Demikids: Dark, Light, and Book of Ice on the GBA. About a year ago I played through Persona 1 and 2 (Eternal Punishment) on PSX. Next I'm gonna playthrough the SMT games (Devil Survivor) on DS, then PS2.

Right after I finish up playing the Super Robot Taisen games on GBA.

zeldapsychology
Veteran
Veteran

29 May 2014, 9:21 pm

I downloaded the original SMT on iPhone cool game. I bought SMT IV since I mistakingly had a credit on my credit card so thought HEY why not go buy SMT IV. LOL! Already had FE so did the $30 FE/SMT promotion. Didn't get that far into it. I have the collectors guide that covers part of the game. I'm in a big pink tunnel like intestines but there's a healer in the room next to me if I want to grind. Haven't went back to it since. Plan to someday though.

Dennis
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

02 Jun 2014, 11:25 pm

I've been playing Shin Megami Tensei IV and I really like it. Might try some more games in the series in the future, I've enjoyed it quite a bit. Great storyline and the battle system is fun with the weird demon fusion and stuff.

thecheeseisblue
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

08 Jun 2014, 11:31 am

So far, I own every iteration of every SMT game to come out in America (including the PS1 Personas that are very hard to find). Unless you count Jack Bros for the Virtual Boy, because it's not an official SMT and costs a solid grand usually. IMO, Persona 3/4 and Devil Survivor 1/2 are by far the best. IV wasn't bad, Strange Journey was pretty good, as was Nocturne. I could never get that in to Digital Devil Saga.

I'm amped for P5, Q and SMTxFE. I bought a Wii U just for when SMTxFE comes out. Two of my favorite franchises (maybe the only two I've played every game in) combined. Also, I really hope they do release the Devil Survivor 2 3DS remake eventually, because Overclocked was so good.