Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

mrwhite23
Raven
Raven

18 Jul 2014, 3:39 am

I bought Call of Duty Ghosts on PC in store but when I got home and tried to install it
Steam came up
now I wanna know does it use any GB or MB to download from the interent from steam if the game is already on disc??
it's just we've only got a 25 GB WiFi box and my dad goes psychotic if I use it all up before the end of the month
I had the same issue when I bought company of heroes 2

Misery
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jul 2014, 4:18 am

According to info on the Net, the Steam part is no error or something. It's part of the normal installation.

I cant be entirely sure as to why... as I dont play that series... and I've never once seen or heard of this type of installation... but then I dont buy physical copies of anything anymore. It may simply be sticking it in there in a specific way so that Steam can interact with it properly.

If Steam doing a download of any type, it is easy to tell by looking at the bottom of Steam's window; it will say something like "Downloading: 0 of 1 items complete". And it aint like you're gonna miss that little notification if it is indeed trying to download a large chunk, as that sort of thing takes awhile. Clicking on the "downloading" bit will bring up the screen that shows all current and completed downloads; the download can be paused or cancelled in here (of course, the game wont work if it's cancelled, likely).

Dont be surprised though if it DOES grab a couple of gigs of who knows what.

The game may also want to immediately patch/update itself upon starting it, too, and there's no way at all to know how big that may be. With THAT though, you cannot play the game without letting it do so, as a rule.