Page 4 of 6 [ 85 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Mister F1
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

08 Feb 2015, 4:16 pm

AntDog wrote:
Lavender Town

Yeah, Lavender Town always bothered me. That music is creepy...

TheBraveSirRobin
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

08 Feb 2015, 8:05 pm

Agdgdgwngo
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

21 Feb 2015, 11:49 pm

Laser kebabs. (Arma series)

The horror...

staremaster
Veteran
Veteran

22 Feb 2015, 12:58 am

^^Got any video/pics for us?

lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

03 Mar 2016, 12:24 am

There was a part in Luigi's Mansion, I think it was in the bathroom with the tub and shower, where if you position Luigi a certain way you'll see what looks like a shadow of him hanging from a noose.

I don't know if that was intentional or not, but man! 8O

I noticed a lot of games are rated E 10+ now instead of just E. I wonder if it's because of stuff like that in past games? E is basically like a G-rated movie while E 10+ is like a PG-rated one.

mr_bigmouth_502
Veteran
Veteran

03 Mar 2016, 7:50 am

lostonearth35 wrote:
There was a part in Luigi's Mansion, I think it was in the bathroom with the tub and shower, where if you position Luigi a certain way you'll see what looks like a shadow of him hanging from a noose.

I don't know if that was intentional or not, but man! 8O

I noticed a lot of games are rated E 10+ now instead of just E. I wonder if it's because of stuff like that in past games? E is basically like a G-rated movie while E 10+ is like a PG-rated one.

I think it's a like how a lot of movies released in the 70s and 80s got PG ratings, when nowadays they would get PG-13 instead. PG-13 was created as a reaction to a number of movies, namely Raiders of the Lost Ark, that pushed the boundaries of the PG rating.

Similarly, if what I recall is correct, E10+ was created by the advice of educators and some other such figures. There were a good number of games released in the 90s that were rated KA or E that would get E10+ now, and a number of Teen rated games that would probably get Mature ratings now. Interestingly though, there were also a smaller number of Teen rated games that would be scaled back to E10+ by modern standards.

rocococat
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

03 Mar 2016, 4:13 pm

The scene with Omega Flowey in Undertale genuinely terrified me.

lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

13 Mar 2016, 1:06 pm

You know, if there wasn't anything even a little scary in these games they would very likely get too boring and sugary-cute for most of us who aren't small children to play. I happen to usually enjoy the moments of scariness or creepiness in such games. And movies and books and so forth, even when I was a kid. :)

Misery
Veteran
Veteran

13 Mar 2016, 2:18 pm

lostonearth35 wrote:
You know, if there wasn't anything even a little scary in these games they would very likely get too boring and sugary-cute for most of us who aren't small children to play.

Eh, at this point I honestly see it exactly the other way around. Tired of games trying to be oh-so "mature" these days. It got old, and in the end, doesnt actually add anything to the actual gameplay when you think about it. It then actually starts to REVERSE for me: games that use alot of blood and whatnot are the "immature" ones to me, because it's like the devs couldnt think up a better way to make a good game, so they stuffed blood & guts in because "that's what the big boys do". The more I've thought about it that way, the more true it is to me. Particularly after having had a chance to take part in game development myself recently (and not a drop of blood in THAT game, thank you very much).

Seriously though, I'll absolutely take Pokemon or Mario over whatever damn "mature" shooter is being played the most these days. Hell, Mario Maker is one I've been playing to freaking death. I've gotten more fun AND way more challenge out of that than any of the big mature AAA games in the last 7 years or so.

KagamineLen
Veteran
Veteran

15 Mar 2016, 4:26 pm

The white phosphorus scene in Spec Ops - The Line qualifies for this.

KagamineLen
Veteran
Veteran

15 Mar 2016, 6:04 pm

Need I say more?

Deltaville
Veteran
Veteran

15 Mar 2016, 8:33 pm

Scariest? The headcrabs in the vents in Half-Life.

When I was a kid, I was pretty terrified of the zombies in the original half-life. So I only managed to get to the part where you get the crowbar, and would wait near the elevator hours on end until my dad came back home. :D High five if you know what part I mean.

"Don't forget to floss." - Darkwing Duck

AlanSmithee
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

19 Mar 2016, 11:28 am

AntDog wrote:
Another thing from Super Paper Mario...
No explanation needed for the #1 cause of arachnophobia among Nintendo fans.
She also poops rupees in a later fight and can use telekinesis on them. Nintendo that's one heck of an idea for a horror movie!

Don't forget what happens to Sammer's Kingdom:

FriendlyHougen
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

19 Mar 2016, 3:39 pm

What about this guy?

lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

20 Mar 2016, 5:26 pm

I found an online list of Dream Suite Addresses for Animal Crossing: New Leaf. There are quite a few really cool and creative dream towns to explore, but the one I knew I had to visit was a place with a Japanese name but in English it's called "Town of the Artist". This town makes Silent Hill look normal! Seriously, it's very dark and dreary, with weeds and dead trees everywhere, and there's an actual cemetery and the animals are wearing bloodstained shirts, although they're acting as friendly and cheerful as they would in any other town... and inside the human villager's houses are implications that possessed dolls have gone on a killing spree! 8O

If anyone wants to visit this nightmare town, the address is 3200 - 0330 - 2755 :mrgreen:

PeachCastella
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

14 Jun 2016, 11:39 am

bosses from kirby super star andthe kirby games, hahaha :heart:

esp. kracko has big eye and spikes